+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: $99 8GB iPhone 3GS for Christmas?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I was checking out the new DROID today on there website and it does sound kinda interesting but,verizon blows and t-mobiles network for 1 is not as good as at&t
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    I was checking out the new DROID today on there website and it does sound kinda interesting but,verizon blows and t-mobiles network for 1 is not as good as at&t but they are cheaper and have great customer service at&t sucks *** for customer support and pricing. But with less 3G coverage than at&t and verizon its a nogo for me, and whos to say even if you can unlock the DROID that verizon is putting out you can even use it on another network. Verizon is CDMA so who you gonna use it with SPRINT <--no thanks they suck more than anybody. I am sticking with my iphone i love it and i like the fact that jailbreaking is not supposed to be done, lol. Lots of people i know have iphones and some are jailbroken, but alot of peoples are not and its funny when people are like whats jailbroken, then i just tell them it allows you to use your iphone to its full potential.

  2. #22
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    an iphone 3g 8g refur is already $49

  3. #23
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 46 Times in 24 Posts

    So would a 16GB 3GS be $200?
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    790
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Why not just drop the 16GB 3GS to 150 and the 32GB 3GS to 250? I think that would help compete. I personaly don't think 8GB is enough.

  5. #25
    Green Apple iRockish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    This would be great to add to AT&T.. Android would not be able to compete at all lol unless an 8GB card pre-installed but cmon?

    I'd buy one too, but im happy with the 16gb

    Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    So would a 16GB 3GS be $200?
    It's always been lol
    Last edited by iRockish; 11-06-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #26
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 46 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iRockish View Post
    This would be great to add to AT&T.. Android would not be able to compete at all lol unless an 8GB card pre-installed but cmon?

    I'd buy one too, but im happy with the 16gb



    It's always been lol
    lol forgot, it says $400 for upgrade w/ new 2 year contract
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak? bestbuymobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Personally working at best buy mobile and dealing with all the droidheads today, the droid is nothing special other than the camera. Who cares if you can take out the battery, ive had my iphone for over a year and know people that have had theirs longer and no battery problems. yes you can customize the android without jailbreaking but that ruins the whole fun in having an iphone. the os between apple and android is not even comparable. another thing is the droid is a paperweight, i was suprised with how heavy that thing was and people didnt like the weight and the fact that its not as user friendly as an iphone. just my 2 cents from the droid launch.

    ill stick with my iphone thanks

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    The Droid is whack number 1 its not apple software and lets face it there is nothing that can compare to their software number two the only difference is it allows customizing as where apple restricts non jailbroken phones. Thats why we have devs who crack the software thus we jailbreak our phones so all this so called "droid" madness is a joke in my opinion stick with the iphone and if at some point apple makes it hard to crack sit on the friken firmware you have and let them come up with something.

  9. #29
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts

    So many ppl talk about iPhone sucks cuz you can't take the battery out... personally, from all the phones I've had that you can change the battery, I have never had to replace it or take it out, the only time I needed to take it out was to replace or change the SIM card, which is so sweet on the iPhone that you don't even have to turn it off, just swap it and the phone will ctch signal in seconds again

  10. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    So many ppl talk about iPhone sucks cuz you can't take the battery out... personally, from all the phones I've had that you can change the battery, I have never had to replace it or take it out, the only time I needed to take it out was to replace or change the SIM card, which is so sweet on the iPhone that you don't even have to turn it off, just swap it and the phone will ctch signal in seconds again

    I agree 100% pluss most battery issues can be fixed by calibrating the battery meter. I love my jailbroken iphone!

  11. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    I have gone thru 12 iphones in one year, and I love my 3 iphones that i have left. I want to branch out and give the Droid a try. Im on tmobile and it would be nice to see what this android platform is all about.

  12. #32
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    589
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Hey "Thatcoralguy", where are all the Android apps? It doesn't do you any good to have a jailbroken/unlocked android without apps. (and I am not even talking about the lame apps that Apple sells. I'm talking about the cydia apps and themes...

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts

    After reading that convincing post about android im pretty much ready to say ffffuuuuuckkkkkkkkk the iphone. About it being "classy" wtf who cares about class when u have functionality, ok i wont be able to have a fart app on the android....omg my life is ruined srsly guys MODMYDROID.COM lets do it..

    edit... that domain has been taken LOL
    Last edited by ifonemaniac; 11-07-2009 at 03:33 AM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ifonemaniac For This Useful Post:

    dooter (11-07-2009)

  15. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    This would be great although I would have expected an announcement by now if they wanted it by xmas. Hoping this is more than just a rumor as my girlfriend has been bugging me for an iphone and she really doesn't need the added storage space, she just wants it for the smart phone capabilities.

    Also, I am not sure why everyone thinks android will fail before it really gets started. Honestly people thought the same about the iphone way back when. It is foolish to think that iphone will forever be king.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-07-2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  16. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 67 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thatcoralguy View Post
    ...It's like chasing after the star chearleader in high school who keeps telling you that she wants nothing to do with you but you continue to chase after her on a daily basis...
    So you are saying that we should settle for the fat and ugly cheerleader instead?

  17. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ifonemaniac View Post
    After reading that convincing post about android im pretty much ready to say ffffuuuuuckkkkkkkkk the iphone. About it being "classy" wtf who cares about class when u have functionality, ok i wont be able to have a fart app on the android....omg my life is ruined srsly guys MODMYDROID.COM lets do it..

    edit... that domain has been taken LOL
    I agree 100%. For a site that has the word MOD right in it. I would think that would be the important thing here. Not loyalty to a company. You would think some of the people actually got a kickback from Apple on the iphone or Macs every time one was sold. I own plenty of both Apple and PC products and just enjoy the idea of customizing either. I love the iphone and have 3 of them in my household, but I am willing to see whats out there. Being an early adopter of the iphone, I see just how far it has come in just 3 short years. So don't shoot down a new phone just based on the fact it has no apps. How many apps did the iphone have when it launched. It was just a cool phone with a slick user interface and an awesome internet browser. Now 3 years later 100,000 apps and awesome jailbreak apps. Not to mention the 30 second jailbreak it has now(much props to the people behind the scenes), not the frustrating up to an hour jailbreak when it first got jailbroken. Go back to the early post on this site with the incredibly long instructions you had to follow to jailbreak.

    I guess my point is don't shoot down new technology, embrace the idea of getting in on the ground floor and living through the experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    So you are saying that we should settle for the fat and ugly cheerleader instead?

    This is a geek site. LOL Besides big girls need loving TOO.
    Last edited by 1shuttle1; 11-07-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1shuttle1 For This Useful Post:

    dooter (11-07-2009), ifonemaniac (11-07-2009)

  19. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Covina, CA
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    How about AT&T introduce new cheaper plans... You know, like T-Mobile. I seen an AT&T commercial for the PayGo phone that has unlimited call/text for $60 a moth. Why can't the iPhone be like plue the $30 data plan? AT&T is joke!!!

  20. #38
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    790
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 353 Times in 185 Posts

    wait has a new iphone been confirmed for 2010?? Can someone link me. Im one of those people who can upgrade begginning of next year, but ill wait til summer if another phone is coming out.

  21. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    I agree 100%. For a site that has the word MOD right in it. I would think that would be the important thing here. Not loyalty to a company. You would think some of the people actually got a kickback from Apple on the iphone or Macs every time one was sold. I own plenty of both Apple and PC products and just enjoy the idea of customizing either. I love the iphone and have 3 of them in my household, but I am willing to see whats out there. Being an early adopter of the iphone, I see just how far it has come in just 3 short years. So don't shoot down a new phone just based on the fact it has no apps. How many apps did the iphone have when it launched. It was just a cool phone with a slick user interface and an awesome internet browser. Now 3 years later 100,000 apps and awesome jailbreak apps. Not to mention the 30 second jailbreak it has now(much props to the people behind the scenes), not the frustrating up to an hour jailbreak when it first got jailbroken. Go back to the early post on this site with the incredibly long instructions you had to follow to jailbreak.

    I guess my point is don't shoot down new technology, embrace the idea of getting in on the ground floor and living through the experience.

    This is a geek site. LOL Besides big girls need loving TOO.


    Wow, it could not be said any better. Best post of November, right there.

  22. #40
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Hey "Thatcoralguy", where are all the Android apps? It doesn't do you any good to have a jailbroken/unlocked android without apps. (and I am not even talking about the lame apps that Apple sells. I'm talking about the cydia apps and themes...
    They don't do need to jailbreak to do most of we need to jailbreak for. Also, with Android you can pretty much compile/build the whole OS from the ground up and suit it for your needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I have gone thru 12 iphones in one year, and I love my 3 iphones that i have left. I want to branch out and give the Droid a try. Im on tmobile and it would be nice to see what this android platform is all about.
    The MyTouch3G is going to be getting Android 2.0 soon so you can definitely get your Android fix on T-Mobile.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 11-08-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts