Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Chinese Fourth-Generation iPhone 'Midboard' Claim a Hoax?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Is Chinese Fourth-Generation iPhone 'Midboard' Claim a Hoax?

Images have surfaced of what a Chinese parts distributor claims is a fourth-generation iPhone midboard. If you're thinking "Why would Apple do business with anyone who openly leaks such sensitive info?" you're not alone. As a result, many are reluctant to believe what they are seeing.

From [ame="http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=813840"]MacRumors.com[/ame]:

Gizmodo reports that Chinese parts supplier China Ontrade is offering an "Apple iPhone 4 Generation Midboard", which the company claims it received from Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn on November 1st. The site also claims that it will be posting pictures of the back cover of the next-generation iPhone in the near future.
    Although the response to the allegedly authentic fourth generation midboard has been met with wide excitement, that reality is obviously born primarily of the natural excitement that would accompany the arrival of a 4G phone. But a lot of folks (myself included) have hoped for a sturdier, more durable case for the iPhone. If this turns out to be a relatively flimsy piece of plastic, the 4G could be even more delicate than the current offering, which has long been derided for the same problem.

Assuming the pics are legit, we'll know more in the very near future about about the next generation iPhone.
    The Chinese parts maker has promised a slate of new photos of the iPhone 4G and its "amazingly beautiful back cover."

The same company last week posted what it claims to be a SIM card tray from the fourth-generation iPhone, although the site also referred to the device as an "iTablet", suggesting that the tray could be from Apple's much-rumored tablet project rather than the iPhone.
    Many will certainly dissect these images and reports in great detail over the coming days. But, as our friends at MacRumors similarly concluded, this report out of China should be taken with a grain of salt. In the past, dubious reports about subsequent generations of the iPhone have proven blatantly fabricated or, at the very least, seriously exaggerated.

Consequently, it remains to be seen whether this latest part is in fact from a next-generation iPhone, which would be a significant surprise this early before an expected launch next summer, or if it is from some other device.
    Image via MacRumors

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

milesneptune (11-04-2009), shabz_de_don (11-04-2009)

wow sounds interesting... im wondering are they really legit... id really wanna see how the iphone 4g altogether looks like

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

what's next? what's on the back of this "new iPhone" a removeable battery??

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

I was a test engineer for a major fortune 500 company (WAS, THANKS ECONOMY, OUTSOURCING)!
    I went to China 2 years ago to assist with the bone pile of broken boards, etc...

My point, their products were the exact motherboards of many big name entities...Cisco, Lucent, etc..they simply reverse engineered them and stuck their name on them...I would take anything coming out of China with a huge bag of salt!

Thanks

Honestly, I love my original iPhone more than the other 2 in my avatar.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not going to put any eggs in this basket. On the other hand it is great publicity for apple. The fact that a 4G iphone MIGHT be in the works and we are getting "spy" shots of components is only hype for the fruity overlord...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

if it was carbon fiber, i will be impressed.
    -nu.Panda

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I really doubt that any of that is true. I think they're just trying to get attention. Apple wouldn't let them show pictures along with a comment that they'll show the back cover soon without taking some action, even if they are "spy photos". I guess there's a small chance that all of this is to build up hype for the phone but I really doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I really doubt that any of that is true. I think they're just trying to get attention. Apple wouldn't let them show pictures along with a comment that they'll show the back cover soon without taking some action, even if they are "spy photos". I guess there's a small chance that all of this is to build up hype for the phone but I really doubt it.
    100% agree with this
    Even if it is fake Apple will more than likely just not comment on it to build up the hype

11. The Following User Says Thank You to silent1643 For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (11-04-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"Is Chinese Fourth-Generation iPhone 'Midboard' Claim a Hoax?"

Does it really matter? Even if it really is part of the 4th gen iPhone, it tells us nothing about it.

LOOK EVERYONE! I found a wire that goes in the 4th gen iPhone. Everyone get excited!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

And, then there is the chinese knock-off, the myphone. Of which a midget version is already on the market.

To bad those mainboard holes dont go through the back of the phone so you can have battery access .

LISTEN UP APPLE ,WE KNOW YOUR MONITORING THIS FORUM !

Give the people what they want already.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Never seen a page like this on the "news" before!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I hope they don't put out another iPhone next summer.

Thanks

Default wat
    Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    I hope they do I love my gadgets.

Thanks

Were talking about iPhone 4G already..I feel like my 3GS is out date already..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    1. You're crazy.

2. They will.

3. You're crazy!

4. <- not important

5. I'm getting it!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

after all the iphone 3GS rumours that didnt happen, im never believing any of these rumours again
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    I hope they do I love my gadgets.
    I hope they don't all this 2 year contract stuff and if they leave At&t. to much to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    Were talking about iPhone 4G already..I feel like my 3GS is out date already..
    HAHA...YES! thats exactly how i felt after i bought my 3G....when the 3G[s] came out....gAAAHHHed

i hope they make the construction sturdy like the 2G again...ive never liked the flimsyness of the 3G....

so am i just not a big enough geek here?? what on earth is this midboard supposed to tell me about this new iphone...if anything
    ?
    Last edited by rhekt; 11-04-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    killall Terminal[]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast