+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T "Maps" Out Lawsuit Against Verizon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i was actually in the commercial with the guy walking and the spikey haired guy looking like a tard...and they surprisingly put that ad out within 2 weeks of it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i was actually in the commercial with the guy walking and the spikey haired guy looking like a tard...and they surprisingly put that ad out within 2 weeks of it being filmed..ive never seen a commercial out that quick that ive been in..they really wanted to get at att!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ATT is bad. lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure AT&T has speed on their 3G network, but Verizon has coverage, while some people that have AT&T have great coverage all over, most people don't. I would have an iPhone right now, except that unless I drove 30 minutes away from my house, I would get no service with AT&T. I don't mean just 3G either, I'm talking no voice or data whatsoever. So AT&T needs to step it up, and expand their network otherwise they are bound to lose the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

What's Jailbreak? PStuLovesCrackk's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate Verizon. They put their custom firmware on almost their phones to disable features. EX: The LG chocolate and the motorola razr. I remember when i tried to transfer pics and ringtones via bluetooth to a verizon phone and it wasnt supported because they disabled it. You couldnt even mod verizons phone because their firmware blocks it out....SO Verizon = FAIL. GSM *******!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

THE COMMERCIAL IS ACCURATE. PERIOD. THE MAPS IN THE COMMERCIAL ARE FOR 3g COVERAG ONLY. AT&T SUCKS PERIOD. sorry for th caps but you people who say this is inaccurate ARE WRONG. The blue data coverage shown in a previous post is for edge coverage.

Green Apple
    Thanks

atleast i live in CT where its completely blue Maybe thats why i actually like AT&T

Thanks

I never liked at&t or verzion

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PStuLovesCrackk View Post
    I hate Verizon. They put their custom firmware on almost their phones to disable features. EX: The LG chocolate and the motorola razr. I remember when i tried to transfer pics and ringtones via bluetooth to a verizon phone and it wasnt supported because they disabled it. You couldnt even mod verizons phone because their firmware blocks it out....SO Verizon = FAIL. GSM *******!
    They haven't done those kinds of things for YEARS.

Update your book.

What's Jailbreak? PStuLovesCrackk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
    They haven't done those kinds of things for YEARS.

Update your book.
    Ha the point being that they have done it. Period. Would you care to explain why they did that in the first place? I would love to hear why they disabled features on their phones?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PStuLovesCrackk View Post
    Ha the point being that they have done it. Period. Would you care to explain why they did that in the first place? I would love to hear why they disabled features on their phones?
    So?
    They have done it. The only devices that it really matters on is the smartphones they carry and mostly, all of their new ones aren't locked up in the slightest.. I say most because I'm not totally sure.

Lovely

Not

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay imma put my opinion in here about Verizon getting anything Apple related. It isn't happening. I was talking to a Verizon rep the other day, and the reason Verizon never jumped before was because they wasn't making anything off the phone. Apple set the price and they couldn't raise it because it'd go to straight to apple. Basically they was just there to do all Apple's saleing for free. As for the Droid? I saw the phone it's rather nice but price w/o 2 year contract was suppose to be set at 899.99 Who in the right mind would pay that? Maybe it'll do good maybe it won't. As to googles Android Service ever becoming better than Apples? It may happen, but it took them putting their OS on tons of phones to do it. Not just one, like Apple did. Which to me means Apple wins.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    lol nice map of there edge network that map can't be 3g it has almost my whole state covered and yet i have to drive 50 miles to get 3g so hum one of us needs to get our facts straight and im thinking its not me.
    i went ahead and went to the at&t coverage map and properly checked off 3g coverage "to get my facts straight" and wow looks very similar to a map i seen on a commercial recently hum which could it be.
    hey at least you were right about there voice coverage.
    Ok i stand corrected i guess i should have zoomed in a little bit on that map. I appologize and can admit when i am wrong. I have great coverage and i dont live in a huge city but from there actual 3g coverage that does blow. Upgrade AT&T!

Thanks

I'm gonna go with Verizon here. My dad has Verizon and has fast download speeds with his blackberry storm at my house. He has service anywhere in my home. I have AT&T and I barely get edge service at home only if I stand on one leg on the toilet in my kids bathroom. Then I have to drive an hour North or 1 1/2 hours South to utilize 3G. That's why I still own an iPhone 2g!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey "MRGUY"... you must be the ONLY ONE who doesn't get dropped calls from AT&T!....I use my call for work 8 to 10 hours a day. There isn't a day thay goes by that I don't have dropped calls!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Screw Verizon, at&t is getting up there and Verizons commercials are so stupid, how about they think of there own ideas and not copy at&t and apples commercials.

Thanks

Default Verizon is getting Desperate!!!!
    Just got 3G where I live last week, my iPhone loves it, lol!
    These maps that Verizon show of at&t's 3G network are completely inaccurate!!! Just another sad attempt to attack at&t and the iPhone!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

A co-worker of mine just bought into the Verizon hype and demonstrated his 3G network to me. It was pathetic.

Just as pathetic as AT&Ts coverage. They need to vamp up their network.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I go to alot of places and everywhere I get 3G. I'll agree verizon has better 3G coverage but AT&T isn't that bad either.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm very happy with my 3g service. i get 3g in areas i didn't even get regular cell service with various other reputable cell providers. i have never been without service while in at&t's very capable hands.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T has done a lot for their network this past year. Their 3G coverage has blown up and you can see the money they are dumping into their infrastructure. Verizon just wants to lure people onto their slower data network. It is crap.