+ Reply
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blacksn0w is out - Unlock 05.11.07

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by marko911 it dont work on iphone 3g 8gb running rc3 like 10 times and my phone says NO SIM CARD INSTALLED i guess the hacktivation still dont
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marko911 View Post
    it dont work on iphone 3g 8gb running rc3 like 10 times and my phone says NO SIM CARD INSTALLED i guess the hacktivation still dont work with rc3
    pls help if am douing anything wrong am on t-mobile by the way not at&t.
    after you select blacksn0w, you need to hit INSTALL in the upper right corner. Just because you see a green check doesnt mean you installed it yet
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

marko911 (11-03-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dweller View Post
    Any way to upgrade just the baseband without restoring?

Also, the Devteam blog claims that there are no advantages to updating the baseband, but wouldn't there be improved reception/battery life/other improvements? Isn't that the whole point of updating the baseband (or was 05.11.07 just to close the previous unlock exploit)?
    i was wondering this too. does the new baseband offer better reception, etc?

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

GeoHot you definitely rock, don't let school crush your independence.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks
    i have an iphone 3g 3.1.2 jailbroken with pwnage,and unlocked with ultrasnow,baseband 04.26.08, but i want to jailbreak it with blackrain and then unlock it with blacksnow,,,do i just restore it with itunes then use blackain??????
    iphone zombie

Thanks
    So where do I find this Bootneuter for my iPhone 2g? And how do I get it to work and permanently unlock it? (I did a quick search and couldn't really find any solid information or any tutorials.) Please help?
    The only thing that threatens my humanity... is, none other than, reality.

Thanks

^^^I went to Cydia and found "Boutneuter" and installed it. I have a Bootneuter app on my Springboard, so my question is how does this work? Regarding the next software update and my phone with this bootneuter app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

man i could kiss u if u were next to me lol thank you very very much i guess working 20 hours str8 makesd u a lil bitt slow ..
    again thank u very much
    and GEEHOT U ARE THE MAN

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the blacksn0w unlock compatible with a pwnage tool jailbreak? Such as if I've already jailbroken my phone with pwnage tool and just want to unlock the 05 baseband?

Also, with the tethered jailbreak (since I need to trade my phone in and might get one with the new bootloader), would I have to reinstall everything and re-unlock EVERY TIME my phone turns off? Basically start from scratch on the jailbreak/unlock process every time my phone restarts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 11-03-2009 at 02:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got it to work and am installing cydia rock and snow but its taking to long for the snow to unpack is it normal or am douing something wrong plz help again thank you guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Works On iPhone 3Gs 3.1.2
    Just Used BlackRain to Unlock iPhone 3Gs 3.1.2 works perfectly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    PWNage also made it so carrier logos didnt work among others. It was a sloppy JB. blacksn0w all the way!!!!!!!!!
    The carrier logo problem is an incompatibility between 3.12 and BB 04.26.08 - Pwnage was not a 'sloppy' JB and you did not get the carrier logo problem if you updated the BB.

The carrier does show up fine with BlackSn0w as the BB is updated. Reception seems OK but to early to tell if it's better on the new BB same with battery life.

ipcc files can be installed so tethering can be enabled.

If you have already updated to 3.12 with pwnage and are using UltraSn0w I see no compelling reason to upgrade as, if you do, you will have to donate to Geo (you don't have to but I'm sure you would - and you can still donate if you don't use BlackRa1n/Sn0w).

If you do upgrade your BB you can not then downgrade again (in most cases) so you would have to be pretty stupid to do so until it's been out a while and fully tested.

I have, of course, done so....

Geo probably should have thought about setting up a support forum before release but does intend providing support - a surprising and welcome change from the master hacker.

It is, indeed, am impressive piece of work, especially using an exploit that had already been disclosed.

Geo asks for donations so if you do use it, please donate, he turned down $10k and I'd hate to think he would be out of pocket.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (11-03-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    Is the blacksn0w unlock compatible with a pwnage tool jailbreak? Such as if I've already jailbroken my phone with pwnage tool and just want to unlock the 05 baseband?

Also, with the tethered jailbreak (since I need to trade my phone in and might get one with the new bootloader), would I have to reinstall everything and re-unlock EVERY TIME my phone turns off? Basically start from scratch on the jailbreak/unlock process every time my phone restarts?

Thanks!
    You should be able to download it from the cydia repo.

And I do not believe so

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

^My understanding is that u install the stock 3.1.2 then run blackrain/blacksnow select cydia and unlock then install and your done! I assume you will have to install winterboard and all your themes again also restore from backup all your contacts etc. Now, I want to know what you have to do for "bootneuter" on the 2g.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post

Thanks!
    to get the unlock on an already jailbroken iphone, add blackweather as a repo.

for the tethered jailbreak, I think it your phone will retain its jailbreak but needs to be tethered to boot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what version of itunes do you guys use with this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Pwnage was not a 'sloppy' JB and you did not get the carrier logo problem if you updated the BB.
    There you are bud!! I knew I would get you to respond by saying that

Quote Originally Posted by miljunsami View Post
    what version of itunes do you guys use with this?
    Last edited by Melech518; 11-03-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone gastonm's Avatar
    Thanks

Just did this on my wifes 3G which has been stuck and locked for about 2 months now. ALL GOOD!!
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on Tmobile with a 3g Iphone. Can the 3g be turned on after installing Blacksnow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naztvw View Post
    I'm on Tmobile with a 3g Iphone. Can the 3g be turned on after installing Blacksnow.
    Turning on 3G while on T-Mobile USA wont give you a signal. You need to have 3G disabled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backslash786 View Post
    woooh fully working now i gta donate loadssss.. does the blackra1n icon stay on springboard
    such an easy jailbreak11!!!

thanks
    Once you are jailbroken and/or unlocked, you can remove Blackra1n from the iPhone. You can also use SBSettings and just hide it from the springboard.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown