+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Can't Sync with Win 7 PCs Using P55 Express?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Can't Sync with Win 7 PCs Using P55 Express?

Reports that users are unable to sync their iPhones on Windows 7 computers that use motherboards with Intel's P55 Express southbridge emerged six weeks ago. Now, a story in The Register indicates that Intel and Microsoft are looking into the problem, but Apple remains silent.

Users have reported that when they try to sync using iTunes 9 for Windows on PCs equipped with the P55 "chipset" (actually an integrated controller hub on a single chip), they get the above “error 0xE8000065″ message, which The Register identifies as an “iPhone-connection failure notification.” The problem occurs consistently with iPhones directly connected to onboard USB ports or connected hubs, though some users have reported success connecting to USB ports on PCI cards. However, other users have reported "blue-screen" crashes when attempting to use expansion cards.

The issue seems to be generally with Windows 7 systems, but there have been sporadic reports of computers with the P55 controller running 64-bit Vista also failing to sync. The problem has been reported on motherboards manufactured by Micro-Star International (MSI), Gigabyte, and Asustek.

Microsoft was contacted by The Register for its story, and provided the following statement:
    Microsoft has not seen this particular question posed in the Microsoft Answers for Windows 7 community forum, nor in any of our call centers. We reviewed the issue raised on the Apple Discussion Board and are currently investigating. If we determine this to be a problem specific to Windows 7, we will post an update on the Microsoft Answers site.
    Apple has not responded to the issue raised on its own discussion board, though one ModMyi user was able to resolve the problem by enabling C-state mode in BIOS as a poster on the Support forums suggested. Other workarounds include disabling Bonjour or deleting the iPodDevices.xml file.

The kicker: 27-inch iMac models sporting Intel's Core i5 processors are expected later this month, with Core i7 iMacs to follow in January - and those computers may very well be using P55 Express. So chances are Apple is on this, just in their typical non-communicative manner.

image via Apple Support forums

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seems hit and miss to me, I have 2 p55 chipsets, one works the other throws an error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    hahahahha that sucks

Thanks

LOL standard windows
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

So M$ is working on it but Apple feels they have no obligation? M$ couldn't foresee this and neither could Apple so both are to blame there could be a fix on either said but I guess Apple (like always) feels that fixing stuff is a waste of time. Just wait for them to release a new iPhone charge $800 with only one difference (a fix).

Green Apple
    Thanks

BSOD from a usb? Typical windows.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Windows 7 is better...Trust me!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

MrBucket101 (11-03-2009)

Thanks

I have windows RC 7 still running on my computer no problems here don't hate mac users the 3G sinks perfectly..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smooth22 For This Useful Post:

Rota (11-02-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still awaiting delivery of my Windows 7 update disc. How do I find out if I will experience this problem?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

typical mac fanboys... post solutions not your usual rants leading to a nerdy orgasm where u spooge all over MBP kthxbai

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ifonemaniac For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (11-02-2009), gimpykat (11-04-2009), Kamil18 (11-02-2009), Rota (11-02-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got that error last night when I first started trying to sync. I shut itunes down, unplugged, plugged in and it worked fine. That's all I had to do.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alaiwy For This Useful Post:

Rota (11-02-2009)

Thanks
    A quick workaround is to manually install the drivers.
    with the iphone connected to the pc, go into device manager,
    you will see an apple device listed that it couldn't properly install the drivers for.
    manually update the drivers by browsing for the drivers and clicking on let me select from a list, and clcik have disk. go to cprogram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers\usbaapl.inf
    and select the mode of driver you need.

My problem was getting it to see it in dfu mode for jailbreaking the firmware.

I have win7 pro, and amd chipset.
    Hard work spotlights the character of people; some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tewman For This Useful Post:

Rota (11-02-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how late is this site to the party? i heard about this and read everything is to know from multiple sources already. Why should I even keep the bookmark? That and your site loads too slow.

Thanks

i am cool thanks for noticing...my iphone syncs perfectly...OH WAIT! thats because im a mac
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Windows 7 is better...Trust me!
    I get it, MAC vs PC commercial. That's pretty funny.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Thanks

Yeah this story was reported a week ago, I have been following a forum on it weeks before that, in fact the story pretty much quotes most of what was happening to me, it's almost like they got their information directly from my posts in the forum....

Although I can occasionally get it to sync, by enabling the compatibility mode, if you disconnect and reconnect, you get the error. Also I tried a pci usb card, and got the BSOD. Its fricking annoying, I hope they fix it soon..

Thanks

You idiots obviously can't read. It's an iTunes incompatibility issue with hardware that EVEN APPLE IS USING. In no way at all is Windows at fault. In fact in thise case, it's the APPLE SOFTWARE at fault. Imagine that! Of course, none of you are familiar with hardware on the market because you're all willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of what the hardware costs to have a computer that makes you look "cool" (see: moron) in Starbucks.
    i have one response to that

other users have reported "blue-screen" crashes when attempting to use expansion cards.
    srry but u dont c that happening on a mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    i have one response to that

srry but u dont c that happening on a mac
    Ha, first of all, it DEFINATLY is not windows prob.

Second of all, i HIGHLY doubt that blue screens still happen. their urban myths that people like to spread around. And also, mac's have bsod too, didnt you know?

http://ericstoller.com/blog/wp-conte...6/osxcrash.gif
    Last edited by Kamil18; 11-02-2009 at 03:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    You idiots obviously can't read. It's an iTunes incompatibility issue with hardware that EVEN APPLE IS USING. In no way at all is Windows at fault. In fact in this case, it's the APPLE SOFTWARE at fault. Imagine that! Of course, none of you are familiar with hardware on the market because you're all willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of what the hardware costs to have a computer that makes you look "cool" (see: moron) in Starbucks.

Anyway, no issues here, running a Gigabyte motherboard with nVidia north and south bridge. I've had Windows 7 x64 since the first open beta without a single issue whatsoever. Now running retail x64 professional and haven't had any problems at all.

hit the nail on the head man... Nice post maybe a little too aggressive with the name calling but u pointed out the true issue TY

edit: about the "looking cool" comment I figured I would throw in here that I seen a minivan with the Apple logo as a bumper sticker... i luld
    Last edited by ifonemaniac; 11-02-2009 at 03:04 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ifonemaniac For This Useful Post:

Rota (11-02-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    LOL standard windows
    please explain how a hardware issue is windows fault? Wait....do you know the difference between hardware and software? Didn't think so....
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

27. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

Rota (11-02-2009)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast