Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Can't Sync with Win 7 PCs Using P55 Express?

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    thanks dad. Yup the 80's were great to you.

I don't understand where and Internet argument will get you. Half you guys are laughing that you "won" the argument. Cool! You're still sitting in your basement playing world of Warcraft and roleplaying as final fantasy characters or something of that nature.

LOL!!! and please don't call me names online. It hurts so badly
    This post pretty much sums up why mac users are sometimes thougth of as pretentious a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s.

How a mac users mind works-

Own a PC-you must play WoW (while living in moms basement), while all of us rich mac owners enjoy life!!!!

no wonder i wanna punch those uppity mac users that take 15 minutes to order their coffee every single damn time I go to starbucks
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

2. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

Rota (11-02-2009)

Enough everyone! Chill out and keep this a friendly debate! Name calling and insults are not going to help here.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

hancoma (11-02-2009)

im gonna stick with my idea for a virtual boxing section so all the mac/windows biased people can go at each other and simply reference the news articles in that forum so people can actually talk about worthy stuff in this forum like say the what 3 post out of 3 pages that offered some sort of help with the issue even though im not having this issue on my windows machine this sh*t gets old we get it macs rule the world if you own one and if you own a pc they do and if you own both you get the best of both and the worst of both at that too i suppose.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    im gonna stick with my idea for a virtual boxing section so all the mac/windows biased people can go at each other and simply reference the news articles in that forum so people can actually talk about worthy stuff in this forum like say the what 3 post out of 3 pages that offered some sort of help with the issue even though im not having this issue on my windows machine this sh*t gets old we get it macs rule the world if you own one and if you own a pc they do and if you own both you get the best of both and the worst of both at that too i suppose.
    If you think that a section is going to keep all the fighting back, your sadly mistaken. It's going to turn into a breeding ground, and spread even more fighting. What we should do is make a sort of system where you can only comment when you've read the article. It would eliminate about 1/3rd of the fights started.

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    wow cool you know about computers... and you've never had a girlfriend

but anyways COOL INTERNET ARGUMENT

wow , what your doing here if you dont know **** about computers?
    ******. Nothing more to say to a dumbass like this.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgshadow For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (11-02-2009), Rota (11-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Haha. That would never happened on a Mac.
    Funny that. I had a kernel panic yesterday browsing the iTunes store, and again today when I clicked on a folder in Finder. That's a grand total of three kernel panics in the 7 months I've owned my first Mac to the one Blue Screen I had in Windows Vista two years ago because I forced the install of an incorrect driver. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a lame comment.

You Mac apologists are ******* retarded, at least the PC crowd can admit when something is ****** up. You retards like to stereotype. It's a CHIPSET issue. Apple is using the same chipsets in their computers as well, or at least a variation of it. Macs are nothing but PCs with a locked down OS.

Nice girlfriend comment to whoever it was. Hypocrite.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (11-02-2009), Rota (11-02-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Funny that. I had a kernel panic yesterday browsing the iTunes store, and again today when I clicked on a folder in Finder. That's a grand total of three kernel panics in the 7 months I've owned my first Mac to the one Blue Screen I had in Windows Vista two years ago because I forced the install of an incorrect driver. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a lame comment.

You Mac apologists are ******* retarded, at least the PC crowd can admit when something is ****** up. You retards like to stereotype. It's a CHIPSET issue. Apple is using the same chipsets in their computers as well, or at least a variation of it. Macs are nothing but PCs with a locked down OS.

Nice girlfriend comment to whoever it was. Hypocrite.
    Glad to see there are still real people on this site. And funny story, the ONLY time i ever got a crash on my PC was when i was trying to make a 2.2 GigaByte picture from NASA of the globe as my wallpaper.

But, of course, if a Apple Fanboy heard that, he'd be tooting on how Windows crashes all the time.

And, yes, it was MY fault it crashed. Not the hardware, not the software, MY fault.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamil18 For This Useful Post:

Rota (11-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Enough everyone! Chill out and keep this a friendly debate! Name calling and insults are not going to help here.
    Windows 7 is better...Trust me!
    Practice what you preach. If comments like yours weren't so similar to every other asinine post I would heed your advice. But you just can't resist getting in your (WindowsLOLBLUESCREENhahahah7sux) type ******** comments either. By quoting a commercial that steroetypes PC users (see a pattern with typical Mac owners on this sites comments yet?) you've got no leg to stand on. Thanks though, nice try.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (11-02-2009), ifonemaniac (11-02-2009), Rota (11-02-2009)

Why is it that the 2 of you are always the ones causing issues on every windows/apple thread. There is a difference between poking fun and getting out of control....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Absolutely fascinating how quickly each 'sect' begins bashing each other...at one time I used to enjoy reading the flames simply for the enjoyment of conflict and the dedication displayed by each group.

Now it is simply boring, with the same people on each side stating the same things from previous posts.
    Seriously, it gets old, nobody is going to convince anyone of anything as it comes down to personal preference, and what you use your equipment for.

Useless bickering only further divides constructive debate. it's like watching our politicians in the senate...it does not matter what is right...as long as you win...
    Right? Geez..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

If it is a problem with the operating system interacting with the hardware it is a Windows 7 problem and Apple won't have the issue in the new iMac's. We'll just have to wait and see. If it is a problem with the hardware itself it will be a good thing for everyone because Apple will have to find a fix for their phone not working on their own computers. If that happens then Windows can adopt the fix.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Why is it that the 2 of you are always the ones causing issues on every windows/apple thread. There is a difference between poking fun and getting out of control....
    I didn't know having a different opinion, one based in fact not emotion, was causing trouble. I get tired of reading stories that are littered with this 'Macs don't have problems, Windows suxxs, only the poor can't afford a Mac which means we're better than you, and Mac vs PC commercials are soooo true' bull-**** comments without any meanful contribution.

I try to read and find good info here, and this forum is bursting with fantastic information, but this crap is getting old. Really old. Even the so called 'writers' that were recently brought in show their irrational thinking and biased views in their 'news' reports. Some of it is even false or skewed very very heavily. If calling people out on the lies and misinformation is 'causing issues' color me guilty. I won't apologize for it either. Besides, I wasn't questioning anyones skills with the opposite sex, or making fun of the amount of money someone has to spend, or their level of intelligence where it wasn't warranted. That would be all the others in this forum.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hancoma View Post
    Absolutely fascinating how quickly each 'sect' begins bashing each other...at one time I used to enjoy reading the flames simply for the enjoyment of conflict and the dedication displayed by each group.

Now it is simply boring, with the same people on each side stating the same things from previous posts.
    Seriously, it gets old, nobody is going to convince anyone of anything as it comes down to personal preference, and what you use your equipment for.

Useless bickering only further divides constructive debate. it's like watching our politicians in the senate...it does not matter what is right...as long as you win...
    Right? Geez..
    From what i see, its largely because the mac 'sect' gets an idea, uses it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again (i.e. viruses, BSoD, etc), and NEVER takes reasons into their arguments.

I try to be as unbiased as i possibly can. I only use windows 7, and have rarely used an Apple computer. But you won't see me bashing mac users for things apple doesn't/does do. I only defend, and correct others when they pertain to windows accusations. I don't use a mac, and thus, i don't pretend to know everything about a mac. But, like i said before, when an apple user attacks Windows for stupid, illogical, reasons that have no proof or are incorrect, i will defend.

I plan on buying a used apple computer in the future, and if it lives up to the expectations that many mac users have tooted about, i may just buy a mac. But until then, I'm not going to criticize mac for something i would know NOTHING about.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    If it is a problem with the operating system interacting with the hardware it is a Windows 7 problem and Apple won't have the issue in the new iMac's. We'll just have to wait and see. If it is a problem with the hardware itself it will be a good thing for everyone because Apple will have to find a fix for their phone not working on their own computers. If that happens then Windows can adopt the fix.
    Windows has to go through the chipset drivers that Apple supplies to talk to the specific hardware, and not decide which ones it wants to use, don't they? If that's true that would be a Boot Camp and Apple problem. As far as I know you can't go and get specific chipset drivers for the hardware because it's unknown right? I went an downloaded the video drivers directly from Nvidia rather than use the ones supplied on the SL disc and they were much faster, but I couldn't with any other driver. I'm guessing a Boot Camp update will fix it, and they are in work on that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
    From what i see, its largely because the mac 'sect' gets an idea, uses it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again (i.e. viruses, BSoD, etc), and NEVER takes reasons into their arguments.

I try to be as unbiased as i possibly can. I only use windows 7, and have rarely used an Apple computer. But you won't see me bashing mac users for things apple doesn't/does do. I only defend, and correct others when they pertain to windows accusations. I don't use a mac, and thus, i don't pretend to know everything about a mac. But, like i said before, when an apple user attacks Windows for stupid, illogical, reasons that have no proof or are incorrect, i will defend.

I plan on buying a used apple computer in the future, and if it lives up to the expectations that many mac users have tooted about, i may just buy a mac. But until then, I'm not going to criticize mac for something i would know NOTHING about.
    Exactly! I just use a little of their own medicine in my replies. But I absolutely LOVE my MacBook and will never again buy a PC. I'll build my own, but I'll never buy one from a manufacturer. Kamil I highly recommend you get one, you won't regret it.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 11-02-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Ya'll kids play nice or the thread will be closed. Warning #1.....of 1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Well now thats all out of our systems lets confirm that south bridge issue? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Ya'll kids play nice or the thread will be closed. Warning #1.....of 1.
    Funny. We get three whole posts into an article before a stupid Windows post and some defend it and now it's under threat of being closed. I think I know what the problem is. Irrational posts.

And I'm thinking this could be just a driver issue that could be easily resolved with a simple tweak. It's happened before and Windows has zero control over the drivers for Mac hardware. That would be Apple. Have they said they are working on this for the Boot Camp update to be compatible with Windows 7?
    Last edited by KartRacer; 11-02-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Funny. We get three whole posts into an article before a stupid Windows post and some defend it and now it's under threat of being closed. I think I know what the problem is. Irrational posts.

And I'm thinking this could be just a driver issue that could be easily resolved with a simple tweak. It's happened before and Windows has zero control over the drivers for Mac hardware. That would be Apple. Have they said they are working on this for the Boot Camp update to be compatible with Windows 7?
    Not that I don't agree with you, but in all fairness I'm thinking that the warning was directed at all of us, not directed soley at us lowely MS users.

I'm willing too bet that clicking "run in compatability mode" will kill any issues people are having....I've run into a few different errors in the 9 months I've been using 7 and that has never failed to fix the issue.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

^

That's a very good point. I forgot about running in compatibility mode! Anyone try this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing I have seen so far that works is a different PCI USB controller, and this is taken from the link posted at the beginning of the article:
    PCI USB controller card from best buy. The in-house Dynex brand 2 port one. It has a VIA brand controller as many people suggested trying.

Lot of good input from different people there...
    Seems a lot of people are having varying degrees of success with different methodologies.
    I am going to follow this story as I would definitely like to see what the root cause is....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast