+ Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Turns Down the $10,000 Bounty for 3.1.2 Unlock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by blkcadi The right thing to do would be to send a donation, I have. DITTO! Everyone who partakes of GeoHot's efforts should donate to the cause! don't
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    The right thing to do would be to send a donation, I have.
    DITTO! Everyone who partakes of GeoHot's efforts should donate to the cause! don't be the cause of him ceasing his efforts due to ungrateful leaching...cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I think we should all hel GeoHot to spread the word that this is freeware.. I just posted an ad on local cragslist (Miami) and you all should do that. I explained on the ad this is free work and no one should sell it and posted the link to blackra1n

here is the link
    FREE JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK ANY IPHONE!!

GeoHot you are the s**t. I would bet anything that if any other 20 y/o finds this info, he/she would sell it and make tons of money

TONS of typos and punctuation in your Craigslist posts. Maybe try editing it to look a little better?
    Last edited by Windmeel; 11-02-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    Very classy. Respect.

As for the service charge thing? That's the lamest excuse ever. You either do it for them or show them where to get the programs to do it. I know it's an easy buck but what have you contributed into the coding or the actual program? So if they offer you money deny it and tell them to do it themselves. That way they can learn. This forum is a great of example of that. You come here to ask questions and they will try to help you out the best way they can. Or sometimes point you in the direction where you need to head to get whatever you want (unlock, jailbreak etc) Do you see anyone charging you? Forget about the service fee, if you're not doing it because the guy won't pay you then you shouldn't have even offered/bragged about knowing how to unlock/jailbreak his phone.

I respectfully disagree. I don't own a mac. I'm perfectly fine with paying a person for their TIME to use their mac to JB my phones using the Dev-Team's app.

And to (cr)apple: I now have six jailbroken and unlocked iPhones no thanks to you. Go ahead and change base bands as much as you want. You won't stop me any longer, and with people like the Dev-Team and Geohot around you can't either!
    Last edited by The Digital Alchemist; 11-02-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Nice move! Geohot is amazing.

But I would of been happier if he acually got a 10k donation for all his hard work/time
    Maybe most of us individually can't donate 10K to him for all of his hard work/time, but we can do our part and donate a piece of it. This is definitely very deserving of a donation, I'm donating!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's the thread on hackint0sh between Dev Team members and Jody Sanders from a while ago.
    I hate that scum, givng UK a bad name
    GeoHot FTW!!!!!!
    [DevTeam News] Stop Thief! - Hackint0sh
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 11-02-2009 at 03:49 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Geohot will be rewarded in time for his genius! He's the man and all that use his work should donate as it will sum up to more than the $10,000. Come on guys donate as you would have paid if it wasnt free!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Geo, you are the man.
    1st Timothy 6:10(KJV): For the love of money is the root of all evil:....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to romeo_herman For This Useful Post:

dale1v (11-02-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious1 View Post
    I would like to thank you GeoHot for all your dedication and hard work for the iphone community. I think you are a gifted and talented person and that you will do well in life with whatever you do.

I will definitely be sending a donation your way this week. I have also encouraged the people I know that have iphones to make a donation as well.

In addition my friends, family and I have been speading the word of the Information Campaign.....In my area on Craigslist there are a lot of people advertising iphone unlocking and charging anywhere from $10-$50 for it and we all know that they are using one or both methods from the whitelist of people you mentioned in your blog post. I do not like the fact that some of them actually pass of the service as their own method and I have made my opinion known to them.

Again, I thank you very much for all you have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    Very classy. Respect.

As for the service charge thing? That's the lamest excuse ever. You either do it for them or show them where to get the programs to do it. I know it's an easy buck but what have you contributed into the coding or the actual program? So if they offer you money deny it and tell them to do it themselves. That way they can learn. This forum is a great of example of that. You come here to ask questions and they will try to help you out the best way they can. Or sometimes point you in the direction where you need to head to get whatever you want (unlock, jailbreak etc) Do you see anyone charging you? Forget about the service fee, if you're not doing it because the guy won't pay you then you shouldn't have even offered/bragged about knowing how to unlock/jailbreak his phone.
    It's a matter of time guys, if I'm offering my time and support, I deserve to get paid. In turn, I DO donate to geohot, and give credit for it. As I said, if people don't want to take the time to learn, they can take it to me, or if they want to learn, they can take it to me, either way, I'm taking my time for it. It would be ridiculous to post on craigslist "Come to my place and I'll do it free!" because it takes effort, whether or not the software is free.

This guy's got it right:

Quote Originally Posted by The Digital Alchemist View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I don't own a mac. I' perfectly fine with paying a person for their TIME to use their mac to JB my phones using the Dev-Team's app.

And to (cr)apple: I now have six jailbroken and unlocked iPhones no thanks to you. Go ahead and change base bands as much as you want. You won't stop me any longer, and with people like the Dev-Team and Geohot around you can't either!
    Ultimately, if you can do it, and are willing, then don't pay someone. If you can't be bothered with it, and have some money laying around, pay someone, just how the world works.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drumstyx For This Useful Post:

The Digital Alchemist (11-02-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cyber bones GeoHot.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

[quote=Go Gators;5018453]
    Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    Geohot for PRESIDENT 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE would be better than Obama! Go Geohot!!
    I'll do you a swap for gordon brown!!!!

Thanks

Jody Sanders is part of the world corruption!
    another reason why people suffer.

Thank You GeoHot for saving us from this ______________________________________________ .

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Geo should take the money. Not to be greedy, but just to simply make Sanders pay for something for a change.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bboysunz View Post
    i agree about the Craigslist thing. I seen an ad saying $80 to unlock iphone with 3.1.2 FW, starting on the 4th so make an appointment now......lol. Lame.
    That is crazy. I've done 2 for friends and would never charge anyone. If I had time I'd post free jailbreakes but who knows if they would turn around and sell the jailbroken iphone to make money for themselves. Perhaps a link to instructions to do it on your own on Craigslist would keep some of these people from supporting their "crack habit".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Melech518;5018075]Geohot has asked us all to spread the word regarding this unlock and the fact that it is a FREE program. Myself and many others have been spreading the word as much as we can. Tweet, update Facebook statuses, and post on criagslist to help spread the word so people no longer get ripped off by those charging money for unlocks

Twitter and Facebook:
    Last edited by apple_dc; 11-02-2009 at 06:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

Now everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    Crack habit...CLASSIC!!!

Welcome you! geohot I want to send the message, you can help me message? thank you!

"Welcome geohot! Thank all of you have contributed to the community iphone. We need the tools and unlock a jeabreak stable than previous tools, the tool can be calculated but must be stability tools. friendly welcome! "

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I were GeoHot, I would sell the unlock to Sanders under the condition that I could release a statement exactly like the one that was actually released, which would say I didn't take the money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry to ask this question I just wanna clarify this I just got an iphone 3g with FW 3.1(7C144) modem fw 05.11.07 now my question is if update my iphone on 3.1.2 will my modem fw would stay the same and able to unlock my phone whenever geohot release his unlocker on the 4th of this month. The reason for this question is i wanna update my iphone to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n to jailbreak my phone.

By the way if I update to 3.1.2 will it activate my iphone using blackra1n coz I'm gonna use it on T-mobile.

PS will definitely donate to geohot can't wait on D DAY!

Thanks
    Last edited by Tkensei; 11-02-2009 at 09:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great respect to geohot!!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

It will

Quote Originally Posted by Tkensei View Post
    I'm sorry to ask this question I just wanna clarify this I just got an iphone 3g with FW 3.1(7C144) modem fw 05.11.07 now my question is if update my iphone on 3.1.2 will my modem fw would stay the same and able to unlock my phone whenever geohot release his unlocker on the 4th of this month. The reason for this question is i wanna update my iphone to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n to jailbreak my phone.

By the way if I update to 3.1.2 will it activate my iphone using blackra1n coz I'm gonna use it on T-mobile.

PS will definitely donate to geohot can't wait on D DAY!

Thanks
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App