Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Turns Down the $10,000 Bounty for 3.1.2 Unlock

geohotz,

Thanks for all the time you've put into unlocking the iPhone. Your work has been indispensable and I cannot be more appreciative. You are the man!

Chuck Norris wears George Hotz Pajama's !!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

If everyone will go to his donate button on his site he'll get that ten grand, yet.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

why exactly would he except $10,000 when he understands what his genious is....well worth...how do you think bill gates made his first million....billion...how about, well apple. how exactly do you think this technologically advanced company come to being.... my guess is to selling out to the first scum sucking bidder willing to crawl out from under the rock wence they came? !?[sarcasm]!? this kid as well as other worthy named developers are the foundations and benches of a whole new world of technology your not yet willing to know or understand.
    killall Terminal[]

Very classy. Respect.

As for the service charge thing? That's the lamest excuse ever. You either do it for them or show them where to get the programs to do it. I know it's an easy buck but what have you contributed into the coding or the actual program? So if they offer you money deny it and tell them to do it themselves. That way they can learn. This forum is a great of example of that. You come here to ask questions and they will try to help you out the best way they can. Or sometimes point you in the direction where you need to head to get whatever you want (unlock, jailbreak etc) Do you see anyone charging you? Forget about the service fee, if you're not doing it because the guy won't pay you then you shouldn't have even offered/bragged about knowing how to unlock/jailbreak his phone.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

Hi Guys

GeoHot is correct calling them SCUM BAGS. Espicially JODY SANDERS because 2 years ago when i was new to the iPhone world, I bought the JB+UNLOCK software from J... S.... for $29.95 and when i found out that it was not his software and it was FREE to everybody, I asked for my money back and they NEVER even bother to reply to my emails F******** RUBBISH SCUM BAG.

I which i knew where to get hold of this JODY person so that i could take them to court.

So friends, we all should tell our families and friends that the JB UNLOCK software is free.
    I which someone would put a notice in GOOGLE " JAILBREAK & UNLOCKING software for Iphone is FREE " for all new comer's to the iPhone world.

So Geohot carry on with the good work and you do right by AVOIDING SCUM BAGS like J.... S...... and PARTNERS.

God bless you, GEORGE.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    If everyone will go to his donate button on his site he'll get that ten grand, yet.
    10K only !!!!! you mean more likely 100k plus and he deserves all of it and MORE, GO GO GEOHOT and maybe he should starting thinking of Selling his software, you hear me Geohot , George.
    Last edited by mpgsingle; 11-02-2009 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks Geohot ur a genius

Thanks
    many thanks to GeoHot... i salute you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    Geohot for PRESIDENT 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!

He could figure out the budget ..........
    Lul, he won't be old enough :P

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

We got the 4th of July (Independence Day), I'm going to talk with Obama, so we can declare the 4th of november
    (Blackrained day)as a holiday. We are going to be in all the commemorative parades in all United States and candy apples for everybody for free.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    Geohot for PRESIDENT 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!

He could figure out the budget ..........
    and how to save the World from falling apart! haha "2012" :P

I'm not a hacker, I don't know if hackers have rules or not.But whats the big deal about the 10K ? There are a handful of people in the entire world that can do what this kids does,Either way I'm still impressed with his genius whether he gets paid for it or not.

If just anyone could go out and hack an iPhone everyone would be doing it.
    NEVER pay to have your iPhone unlocked or jailbroken, It's a complete rip off.

I would of taken 20k and still released it...hehehe
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

The kid has good morals, lets hope he continues to do so, am i right in thinking he is over here in the UK at Uni? Cambridge i think? not too sure on that, but if he is then they are lucky to have such an influential student at their University. And yes he probably is cocky, but so what, with a brain like his, he is entitled to be cocky. Well done Georgie boy We love you man.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Not everyone my friend, anyways he is the first

Quote Originally Posted by Michelebabe1234 View Post
    I'm not a hacker, I don't know if hackers have rules or not.But whats the big deal about the 10K ? There are a handful of people in the entire world that can do what this kids does,Either way I'm still impressed with his genius whether he gets paid for it or not.

If just anyone could go out and hack an iPhone everyone would be doing it.
    That's the difference between GeoHot and us...

Quote Originally Posted by thebug3000 View Post
    I would of taken 20k and still released it...hehehe
    Last edited by javiert30; 11-02-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

My unending appreciation to george hotz and all of the devs that are the heart and soul of our community. With that being said I am calling all of you to take some time out of your day and a COUPLE of dollars out of your account to donate to geo hot and show him why we need him. 10 grand is a a lot of money but, if every member of this site alone donated 1 dollar that 10 grand would look like chump change. Think about it...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Hell ya Geo...maybe...it should be NeoHot...Geo, Are you the one?
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,175 Posts

All we are, are a bunch of lil beggers waiting for our fix to come from him or the dev team. I read all the insults he gets and the dev team gets when ppl take the fix and don't know how to apply it to their specific phone therefore messing up their phones so one min they are calling them hero's, Gods and a genius and the next min they spit on them.

It's none of our business what Geo or the dev team do as far as money is concerned since in this world money makes the world go round. None of our business sure we'd all like everything for free but wake up your still asleep dreaming...

Bottom line is I wait for my fixes w/ each update I get them and I totally appreciate them (whether they charge or not is their business in the end since they bust their behinds to make our fixes for us)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Geo definitely has great skills in what he does and honestly i'm very thankful for everything he's done. I had just recently had my iPhone replaced because it wouldn't charge. My 3G[S] just suddenly powered down and never came back on. It had the 3.0 fw with tether and potential unlock...of course when i received my replacement the baseband and fw were updated leaving me with no jailbreak and no unlock. The only method of jailbreak that worked was blackrain. I do have tether with 3.1 aanndd nowwww i'm getting the unlock back on the 4th so yeah i'm all smiles now! All thanks to GEOHOT! Once i use it and hopefully it does work.. i'll donate ASAP! Thanks GEOHOT!

I was (still kinda am) a hater of Twitter but I signed up just so I could follow geohot, and a few others, to track the process of this unlock. Now I'm sort of addicted to the dayum thing. But whatever....lol

geo, you are truly a class act. Thank you for doing what you do. Once I see "T-Mobile" on my 3G I will gladly donate. Hell...I'll do it anyway. Thanks for all the hard work and sleepless nights.

(p.s.- I'm a lesbian and I think geohot is a dreamboat <3 lol)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast