Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Turns Down the $10,000 Bounty for 3.1.2 Unlock

Geohot has asked us all to spread the word regarding this unlock and the fact that it is a FREE program. Myself and many others have been spreading the word as much as we can. Tweet, update Facebook statuses, and post on criagslist to help spread the word so people no longer get ripped off by those charging money for unlocks

Twitter and Facebook:
    Get the word out..if you are paying for an iPhone unlock or jailbreak you are buying freeware, making you an idiot - http://bit.ly/GsRDl
    Craigslist:
    Attention All!!!! This is information provided from Geohot, the original iPhone unlocker:

http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2009/...-campaign.html

I have an unlock for 05.11.07. I will be releasing on 11/04/09, for $0.00

First off, Jody Sanders, I am declining your $10,000. Why? Because you, and the rest of the iPhone unlock sites out there are scum. You make money selling freeware; that's not cool, and I am in no way going to legitimize it.
    Seriously, the people who really lose here are the customers. These sites are full of blatant lies, claiming to have unlocks for 05.11.07 People buy them, and are told the unlock is in development, and the release date is unknown. Imagine you bought a cup of coffee and were told it's in development? Recently, many of these sites sent out e-mails saying they made major breakthroughs and the unlock will be ready 11/04/09. Coincidence that that's the release date of blacksn0w?
    I'm not going to post all these scam sites here, as I don't want to give them the pagerank boost. Rather I'll give you a whitelist, two people make unlocks, me and the dev team. Every iPhone unlock site you see out there is selling our stuff, repackaged in some form or another. Same goes for jailbreaks, although ih8sn0w and chronicdev are legit. Notice what all the legit ones have in common? They are free.
    Now despite rumors of the ferocity of my legal team, they actually are pretty poor lawyers. And the scum who run these websites are the type who get off on legal battles. So we have to fight them in another way, and I'm asking for everyones help on this. Our weapon is information. Get the truth out, that all iPhone unlocks and jailbreaks are free, and if you are buying something, you aren't getting anything a simple google search couldn't get you, and are probably funding someones crack habit.
    This is the first time I have tried to make something simple for the end users, and it enrages me to see people selling it. Let's shut all these assholes down, and tell the iPhone owning world all they need is at blackra1n.com, including blacksn0w instructions on it's release date, 11/04/09(yes, will support hacktivation). You do your part, and I'll do mine making things as simple, reliable, and straightforward as possible.

You have 4 days.

IF YOU SUPPORT FREE IPHONE UNLOCKING THEN COPY AND REPOST THIS AS MANY TIMES AS POSSIBLE!!!
    Last edited by Melech518; 11-02-2009 at 12:20 AM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Daughain (11-02-2009), dijginew (11-03-2009), Windmeel (11-02-2009)

Your the man geohot.. U work hard for this.... They didnt care about us... God bless u bro..

#jodyfail keep it free!!!!

Thanks

Default A store by my house sells
    A store by my house sells the unlocks for 50 dollars. Complete ********, i herd them telling a customer once, so i was like dude...you can do it for free...look up blog.dev-team.org and blackra1n. 50 dollars for an unlock... that store is full of douce bags.

Never sell freeware that why they call it "free"

GeoHot rules man. Respect to u from the bottom of my heart. Only for people like u goodness is still a part of this world.

Banned
    Thanks

geogot rox your sox!

Thanks

In other news, i heard that GeoHot knocked out Chuck Norris in the first round!

Thanks
    Wow Geohot... I'm not only impressed but I am glad that you are who you are.. Sticking to what you believe is not something many people do anymore and I respect that..

I will be making many donations for your efforts as soon as I can..

see alot of people talked bad about him but he proved many wrong...i donated for this blackra1n had and will do for the unlock..thats the least we can all do for his hard work and giving apple the big FU haha

Geohot, two thumbs WAY UP!!!

personally i do understand what he is saying but some people like to pay someone else to jailbreak or unlock there iphone for them to avoid issues....and not all iphone sites are scum so he is doing what people was doing to him flaming for no reason ....every one decides to pick there own poison ...u know people are going to use things they way they want ...i have had a person ask me to come to there house to jailbreak and unlock there phone from there pc and still offered me cash to do it ....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thatruth132 For This Useful Post:

The Digital Alchemist (11-02-2009)

People need to see a distinct difference between 2 ways of making money from jailbreaks/unlocks. On one hand is the stealing work and naming it your own, like Jody. On the other hand is doing the service for people, because they don't want to do the work themselves, or want someone to hold liable if something goes wrong (of course nothing does, as I tell them, there's no chance of a brick). Myself, I do this for people, I show them how I do it, I tell them it costs me nothing, and I tell them who does the developing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to drumstyx For This Useful Post:

hmmm...how can you screw it up. He has made this the easiest UI of any jailbreak/unlock. Download one program, press go!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by thatruth132 View Post
    personally i do understand what he is saying but some people like to pay someone else to jailbreak or unlock there iphone for them to avoid issues....and not all iphone sites are scum so he is doing what people was doing to him flaming for no reason ....every one decides to pick there own poison ...u know people are going to use things they way they want ...i have had a person ask me to come to there house to jailbreak and unlock there phone from there pc and still offered me cash to do it ....
    as I was saying, that's perfectly fine. The issue is that people are saying the software is written by them. It's basically all about giving credit where credit is due. People pay other people for all sorts of services involving free things. I've been paid to install GNU/Linux a number of times, nothing wrong with that, people just don't want the hassle.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to drumstyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Way back my powerbook g4 would not unlock 2.2 or 2.2.1 regardless of the free software availble. I went around to a local cellphone place and they charged me $30 to unlock. I would not had a iphone or cell to use at all if they didnt help me. I think i mentioned this earlier in this year posts or late last year. Now, I can buy a 3GS and unlock it and will not hesitate to go back to the cell shop if my Macbook Air will work!
    Last edited by mikerlx; 11-02-2009 at 01:59 AM.

GEOHOT is hot... could u help me crack Archos plugins?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't need to unlock and I jailbreaked my 3G with blackrain already, but just for your effort and what you did, I will donate. I don't need to wish you a good future, because you got it already. We need people like you. You are doing history... Thanks
    Last edited by javiert30; 11-02-2009 at 04:09 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Its amazing how many people Geohot has helped by doing the things he does . We are not worthy .

Thanks

Geohot....what would we do without U. Thanx for all the good work.... 10K would never repay for what U already did for us. RESPECT

thats classy. Geohot is that dude.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast