Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blacksn0w coming soon! Will unlock 05.11.07!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did my buddy's 3gs with no problems today .

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    2G is always unlockable by bootneuter. Check out the tutorials at iClarified.com
    this is untrue. because mine was upgraded to 3.1 before it was ever unlocked or jailbroken, it cannot be unlocked using those files. i have tried and it only jailbreaks it, even consulted with other websites and they said it can't be unlocked as of yet because it was upgraded to 3.1. i am a windows user if you are referring to pwnage tool.
    Last edited by darej; 11-11-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darej View Post
    this is untrue. because mine was upgraded to 3.1 before it was ever unlocked or jailbroken, it cannot be unlocked using those files. i have tried and it only jailbreaks it, even consulted with other websites and they said it can't be unlocked as of yet because it was upgraded to 3.1. i am a windows user if you are referring to pwnage tool.
    You really have no idea what you're talking about.

sorry then, would you like to enlighten me? because on iclarified i could only find "How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)" This guide was posted on June 2009 and I tried it before at least five times, I get cydia but it still remains locked even when it says it is unlocking via bootneuter. I have been using an AT&T contract since I last failed with this guide and others like ihackintosh (around early october). I tried downgrading back to 3.0 from 3.1 too and it still could only be jailbroken.

Why could it not be unlocked on 3.0? It should work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

as i have said, my iphone is on 3.1 OS. it cannot be unlocked with that guide but only jailbroken.

RedSn0w only works with 3.0/3.01 not 3.1 - you said you downgraded to 3.0
    If you downgrade to 3.0 you should be able to us that guide to unlock your phone and you can then upgrade to 3.1
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

After jailbreaking my phone keeps going in restore mode after i reboot, What did i do wrong
    The Thank you Buttons works great let me see you use it

^You bought a phone with the new iBoot that only allows a tethered JB.

Thanks

So how can i fix it or am i sol

You're SOL

Sorry.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

dchandler (11-17-2009)

Thanks

Wow

Yes, i downgraded to 3.0 but this was only AFTER the phone had already been upgraded to 3.1 by another user. It ended up not working even with the downgraded to 3.0 and people told me it's because it was too late already as it had been upgraded to 3.1 before.

Can I just confirm that you are talking about a 2G iPhone? In which case it makes no difference. They stopped updating the BB of the 2G a long time ago and they canm always be unlocked.
    You can not downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 with a 3G/3GS as the BB is updates but this is not the case for the 2G.

yep 2g, but i swear ive followed instructions religiously but it will always only be jailbroken, have cydia but when i check if it's unlocked, it just says no service. i go to the about and sim and it says that it doesn't have the appropriate plan (something to that effect). and it's not a case of it being out of service area because now that i pay for the plan i have no problems whatsoever. by the way, i use AT&T.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

yep 2g, but i swear ive followed instructions religiously but it will always only be jailbroken, have cydia but when i check if it's unlocked, it just says no service. i go to the about and sim and it says that it doesn't have the appropriate plan (something to that effect). and it's not a case of it being out of service area because now that i pay for the plan i have no problems whatsoever. by the way, i use AT&T.

If you used PWANGETOOL to jailbreak make sure you UNCHECK the activate block. Believe me i learned the hard way!

What SIM are you using to check to see if it's unlocked? A T-Mobile one?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

anything for the 2g users? upgraded beyond 3.0 by previous owner and i can't unlock using bootneuter.
    Wait what? Why are you trying to unlock if your using AT&T? I dont get it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678