+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blacksn0w coming soon! Will unlock 05.11.07!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
WOW so I am not crazy, well aleast not alone. So think if two are thinking it on here you think that someone that can sign a check is thinking
    Green Apple
    Thanks

WOW so I am not crazy, well aleast not alone.

So think if two are thinking it on here you think that someone that can sign a check is thinking the same thing?

Honestly it would have to be up to GeoHot on whether he wants to keep his superhero uniform or turn it in.

And since I see you said he said, he handed in a resume, then it can only get worse.

And incase you did not know it even looks like any work around for the poor person to get satellite is never to be seen again. The sat genius doesnt do it any more. Heard he got paid big bucks to stay out.

DISH FULL N3
    BEV FULL N3
    IKS / CS ......Up
    IKS / CS .....Up
    FTA ..............Down
    FTA .............Down
    Atmega.......Down
    Atmega......Down
    Rom102......Down
    Rom102.....Down
    Rom103......Down
    Syndrome..Down
    Syndrome...Down
    Emu.............Down
    Emu..............Down
    DVB..............Down
    DVB...............Down
    Armulator..Down
    Armulator...Down

Whoa is me for the day GeoHot crosses to the other side. Will have to move on to some other phone/project.
    Last edited by robertguero; 11-02-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Actually the sat guy I was thinking about got caught in a setup on some fraud. He now doesn't have a job because someone sent large amount of money for the hacks to his address, but he was away at the time so feds caught him.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think we are on the same page. He got out of it. Lawyers made him sign something not to ever mention again. He has his own lab now. Will see if i can find vid. Will pm.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Way excited for this, now I can sell my 3G and pick up a 3GS!
    I sorta did the same two weeks ago. A friend of mine picked up a 3GS and was disappointed to learn that he could not unlock it. I preserved my 3G baseband for resale value and when he found out mine could be unlocked, he offered to trade his new 3GS for my 17 month old unlockable 3G. I jumped all over the opportunity as I was under AT&T contract. Now that my 3GS will be unlockable, I couldn't be happier.

Thanks

quick question peeps, my contract is due to end with 02 here in the UK in a few months (2 to be exact) if i unlock my 3G today when blacksn0w is released will i still be able to use my 02 contract until it runs out, then just get a PAYG Sim from whoever i choose? I don't want to unlock and then that ends my association with 02, as that will obviously blacklist me (saying that, i could just buy out my contract......) But an answer to my first question please. Can i unlock now and still stay as i am with 02? Thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMister View Post
    quick question peeps, my contract is due to end with 02 here in the UK in a few months (2 to be exact) if i unlock my 3G today when blacksn0w is released will i still be able to use my 02 contract until it runs out, then just get a PAYG Sim from whoever i choose? I don't want to unlock and then that ends my association with 02, as that will obviously blacklist me (saying that, i could just buy out my contract......) But an answer to my first question please. Can i unlock now and still stay as i am with 02? Thank you
    don't see why you can't continue - its an unlock, nothing more. should be able to still use the same SIM, even if the unlock doesn't work. question is if the unlock is going to work on a non-us phone.

i would try to do this - do the unlock, try to see if it works by putting in another GSM SIM (borrow from a friend), if the carrier shows and you can make phone calls, you're good to go with your prepaid thing.

but not sure if you can get a data plan on the prepaid.... i'd look into that before trying to do the switch.

whats your main objective with the unlock?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to realjaja For This Useful Post:

iMister (11-03-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realjaja View Post
    don't see why you can't continue - its an unlock, nothing more. should be able to still use the same SIM, even if the unlock doesn't work. question is if the unlock is going to work on a non-us phone.

i would try to do this - do the unlock, try to see if it works by putting in another GSM SIM (borrow from a friend), if the carrier shows and you can make phone calls, you're good to go with your prepaid thing.

but not sure if you can get a data plan on the prepaid.... i'd look into that before trying to do the switch.

whats your main objective with the unlock?
    Yes, i didnt think about the data plan...... My main objective would be to finish my contract with 02, then go onto PAYG with either orange/vodafone, but like you say about the data plan... I have unlimited data at the minuite with 02 and if i am being honest i dont really take advantage of it, i use very little in way of data, BUT, i would certainly miss the unlimited if it wasnt there..... You are right, i need to have a good look into this before commiting to anything, ATM I am paying 35 per month for 600 mins/500 texts and ultd data i could easily manage on 200 mins per month, so maybe i could get 200 mins/ultd texts and ultd data, i would be happy to pay 25 PM for that..... (i bet you would, i hear you say!!!) lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think in the us, we have pretty simple reasons for unlocking...

1. we hate att
    2. we really hate att
    3. tmobile has a cheaper plan
    4. ok already with the att...

My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realjaja View Post
    i think in the us, we have pretty simple reasons for unlocking...

1. we hate att
    2. we really hate att
    3. tmobile has a cheaper plan
    4. ok already with the att...
    i agree with you on not liking at&t. I actually just switched to at&t from tmobile a little more than a month ago and tmobile had much better service and service plans than at&t. The only good thing about at&t is that I'm able to use their 3g network with the iphone :]. Otherwise, at&t sucks!

Thanks

^u r saying alot using 3G network with att as a matter of fact thats a great thing compared to slow edge for 24.99 or 34.99 on tmobile.

Thanks

hi

anybody know what time this will be released?
    i just bought a 3gs on 3.1.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backslash786 View Post
    hi

anybody know what time this will be released?
    i just bought a 3gs on 3.1.2
    It's out now.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,664 Times in 5,930 Posts

^ it is available now.

Thanks

just restored my iphone to a factory ipsw. rejailbroke with blackrain then installed cydia, rockapp, and snow. everything is working great. getting ready to restore from a backup in rock. everything is working awesome thank you geohot.

Thanks

^are u using a 3g 3gs or 2g?

Thanks

3gs and windows 7 home premium family pack

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    3gs and windows 7 home premium family pack
    And wi-fi is working on that 3GS after blacksn0w? I've seen lots of 3GS wi-fi problems after blacksn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just for reference for us stuck on the island they are still calling Britain for the time being, what are the alternatives to O2 once the unlock is complete? So far I can't really say that I have been unhappy with their data services.

The signal can be shoddy where I live (NE scotland), But since I'm currently in cyprus and getting fed up of the blinking charges for phoning home now again I'm thinking this might be useful to me. (yes i know about skype but im not always near my laptop/wifi access point with my job.)

So once this update is done, I can basically shove in any sim( prepaid or PAYG) and my phone will still work?

But, is their such a thing as data on PAYG?

Sorry for all the questions, just Im not too clued up on what is out there for the iPhone.

Many thanks in advance.

Sandy

Thanks

wifi is working on mine. ive updated to the 6.5 carrier file and enabled tethering toggle under settings/general/network

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Earlier posts say " it is out"??? where do I get this?

This is my first JB attempt and I am on ATT with 3gs.
    Model is MC135LL <-- heard before "C" was a problem
    Modem Firmware 05.11.07

I don't want to have to tether everytime I reboot just to restart my phone and I want to be able to set everything back to factory when time comes.

I do not think I need to unlock, right?

My main desire is for tethering for internet access for my laptop from time to time.

Last Q... can I do that tethering from Ubuntu?

Thanx for help!!!

zeddock