Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix International Caller ID

Just wanted to add my thanks, worked fine for me in the UK (I too, used http://cynix.org/iphone/AppSupport-7.tar.gz)

cheers

Mark

2. The Following User Says Thank You to siksik6 For This Useful Post:

xover (10-06-2007)

IN UK
    Installed -9 worked! Just what the doctor ordered!!! You have fixed the MOST irritating missing feature.

Now all that remains is:
    Speed dial
    JavaME

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im missing something ladies and gentlemen.im in the UK,and want to sort this issue out.Can someone put down what i have to do step by step please because its not clear whether the patch downloads to the phone or my mac?

Ive asked a few times and downloaded the file etc,but cant find the info detailed on this thread.please please,this is the last thing i need to get my phone spot on.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by theliksta View Post
    Im missing something ladies and gentlemen.im in the UK,and want to sort this issue out.Can someone put down what i have to do step by step please because its not clear whether the patch downloads to the phone or my mac?

Ive asked a few times and downloaded the file etc,but cant find the info detailed on this thread.please please,this is the last thing i need to get my phone spot on.

Thanks guys
    OK will try. I'm a mac user so the details are mac centric:
    Assuming you have followed this:
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...ck_OS_X_Part_1

you'll already have most of the tools needed to accomplish the task:

using safari download :
    http://cynix.org/iphone/AppSupport-9.tar.gz

This will in your download window show a file called
    AppSupport-9.tar

Right click this and select "open". On your desktop you should then see a new file called:
    AppSupport

Now use Cyberduck (as in the tutorial above) and browser to
    /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
    on your iphone.

It is advisable to backup the copy of "AppSupport" that exist in this directory just in case it all goes poo poo. You can do this by dragging the AppSupport file in cyberduck to somewhere on your mac NOT THE DESKTOP mind you .

Now copy "AppSupport" from your desktop into the directory. Restart you iphone and look at recent numbers

QED.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive got appsuport on my mac desktop but then everything you are saying makes no sense to me.

Im really sorry but ive opened cyberduck on my mac,then what next? up until appsupport and opening cyberduck is simple but then after that the instruction isnt clear whether i connect the phone via usb to the mac or just go through to find stuff on the phone.the jump from having appsuport open on my mac(which ive done,as i have cyberduck) to going to the next step is very confusing!

im not ignorant and easily jailbreaked my phone and have installer etc on my working phone,but the steps after opening the appsupport box and cyberduck arent clear to me at all!

Please help

Default Please put this hack in the guide section
    Hey - I have used this hack and have been telling a lot of my friends about it - but since its just a regular post its getting harder and harder for people to find it on this site - I would recommend if someone could post this into the guides section of the site so that it remains there for anyone to reach easily.

Oh and yeah thanks for this hack - works really well

Hi this sounds great. I am located in Australia are you able to tell me how to install these files? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aye - needs to go in the guides section really. One of the most useful threads from a "satisfaction with my iphone" point of view.

Nice fix.... Installed 9 and it works perfectly for Italy!

Curious, i have dump all 4 file into the same location. OR should i not do that and just simply take one of them to replace the original? Pardon me for a dumb question like this...

ive got appsuport on my mac desktop but then everything you are saying makes no sense to me.

Im really sorry but ive opened cyberduck on my mac,then what next? up until appsupport and opening cyberduck is simple but then after that the instruction isnt clear whether i connect the phone via usb to the mac or just go through to find stuff on the phone.the jump from having appsuport open on my mac(which ive done,as i have cyberduck) to going to the next step is very confusing!

im not ignorant and easily jailbreaked my phone and have installer etc on my working phone,but the steps after opening the appsupport box and cyberduck arent clear to me at all!

Please help
    I honest think that this hack (one of the most need for non +1 msisdn owners) need a picture hand holding guide. .

Cyberduck is easy to use. If you unlocked your phone using the guide from this site then the steps to connect to your iphone (via cyberduck) are identical.

There is an assumption in the tutorial that your iphone CAN connect to your local network and that you have already done this (i.e. allowed the iphone to connect to your network and that it now has an IP on your network. See previous parts to the tutorial for more info).

Basically follow this TO THE LETTER:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_4

Follow to the part that states:
    "Now, open up /usr/libexec, and drag the lockdownd file you downloaded in the beginning of this part of the tutorial into it."

DO NOT DO THE PART ABOVE!!!!

You should see in cyberduck the same file structure as in the diagram below the statement above.

now double click on the folder:
    System

Then double click on the folder: Library

then the same with: Frameworks
    then: AppSupport.framework

You should see the file AppSupport in there. Follow the instructions I gave before and you should be alright.

NOTE if you DID NOT use the guide here to unlock your phone OR you do not have a MAC then you'll need to find another way to do this as I can only give advise about my experiences.

I really hope that helps

as if you do not know what to do with cyberduck you probably will end up breaking your iphone.
    Last edited by xover; 10-07-2007 at 06:30 PM.

I'm down under as well and this was really bugging me, thanks so much, I was very close to adding all the numbers twice! Well done!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Xover,Brilliant!!

Thankyou very much old boy! It wasnt very clear in the original thread so thanks for making it clear.It was the only thing missing from my phone and as i used the Erica Sadun method to unlock and jailbreak the phone it was straightforward but not so without you adding the last section.

Many thanks.

Tomorrow i'm going to add a simple guide step by step for dummies on how to do this!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Xover,Brilliant!!

Thankyou very much old boy! It wasnt very clear in the original thread so thanks for making it clear.It was the only thing missing from my phone and as i used the Erica Sadun method to unlock and jailbreak the phone it was straightforward but not so without you adding the last section.

Many thanks.

Tomorrow i'm going to add a simple guide step by step for dummies on how to do this!
    cool, can't wait to see it

Just wanted to say thanks to cynix for this! It's just what I needed. Combined with the plist file for number formatting, my phone is now as happy as the old nokia it replaced. The joys of mobile phones being ssh'able!

Brilliant work!

thats nice
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

I'm in Bangladesh and had the same problem. Thanks to cash7c3, its fixed. Thanks a lot.

In the UK our number format is:

xxx-xxx for Local

0xxxx xxx-xxx for National

+44 xxxx xxx-xxx for international

Which matching file should we use? Calls are never connected with local numbers only, they are always sent to the phone in national format even if dialled local, so I assume we should use the 10digit matching, as this is the number of digits proceeding the 0 or +44? Right?

I've just realised that some areas in the UK only have 4 digit area codes instead of 5, this would bring the total relevant digits down to 9 in some cases, so on reflection, to avoid problems I would go with 9 digit matching.

This would only ever cause problems if you have 2 friends with almost identical numbers like:

07886 123456
    01886 123456

But if you were to use 10 digit matching then

0121 123 456 would not match with +44 121 123 456

No ideal solution really.
    Last edited by headshox; 10-12-2007 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cash
    Just bought the iPhone and is desperate to get the caller ID working, any instruction you have post to install your fix.

CASH

So you are an Ozzie? U rock ! Thanks for the great work articulating the solutions for us laymen and women

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast