Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Apple Killing Nintendo?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The games /are/ for kids. That's the point.

Thanks
    Another year, another DS upgrade. Nintendo fans must be feeling like an abused spouse, every time they spend $140 and in a few months they release a new version of the DS.

*slap*

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell me about it. My boy wants one for Christmas and the newer version comes out a month later! Aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by souledge316 View Post
    Another year, another DS upgrade. Nintendo fans must be feeling like an abused spouse, every time they spend $140 and in a few months they release a new version of the DS.

*slap*
    rotflmao I was thinking the same thing...btw I have a DS lite.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

*slap*
    Out of curiosity, how often were new iphone models put out?

Get Jobs in here, he needs a slap in the face, STAT!
    Last edited by TooSlo; 10-29-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: I can spellz gud!

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone gaming suuuucks, it is full of flaws
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

apple has already tried their luck in the gaming console industry years ago!!!!! but it floped

check it out
    Apple Bandai Pippin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks

^^^^^^apple bringing game console in a saturated market? the iphone came in a saturated market...Wii is for children and elderly and PS3 and Xbox is for older Mature titled gaming crowd.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow! im happy with my 360 and halo 3 and COD... ill be damned if bungie makes some games for apple console!

can someone please list some iphone games that are better then the games on the DS i have yet to truly find 1 game that i find worthy to play on the iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's a kill or be killed business so nintendo has to step up their game!!! But when u think about it apple shouldn't be affecting them at all!!! People are just starting to respect iPhone a lil more!!! It's not just a fone!!! This is for nintendo, I can play nintendo, super nintendo, and DS on my iPhone!!! You better get to work!!!

If apple goes after nintendo at all I will gladly give up my iPhone and all things apple related.

Nintendo <3

they didnt beat sony gamming wise, ipod touch/iphone offers a much wider multimedia range and compatability compared to the sonys psp. sonys gaming industry offers the best gaming experience and you can tell by the graphics and gameplay on a psp compared to a ipod touch/iphone

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone gaming is not the best but its not the worst either. Games like Sally's Salon are fun to pass the time during school and work. I wouldn't ever play a Mario based game that required controlled multi-touching, its just not appealing. IF Apple put out a gaming system it would have to reach an audience that the PS3, X-Box, and Wii haven't and it would have to be a reasonable price (which might be the hardest part for them). I really don't think that Nintendo lost so much in sales due to Apple, that just seems like a bit of a stretch. Nintendo just needs to step up their game and get something out there that can reach a bigger audience, everyone else is.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

*slap*
    Remind me how this is different from other the PSP and *gasp* the iphone and ipod touch?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by playboii View Post
    can someone please list some iphone games that are better then the games on the DS i have yet to truly find 1 game that i find worthy to play on the iphone
    There are some very decent titles out for the iPhone but they are mostly pick up and play type of games. Nothing too involved.

Some good ones I've played and continue to enjoy - Real Racing (probably one of the best examples of what a full title can do with online leagues), Slugger (with online play), Sniper vs. Sniper (with online play), Modern Combat: Sandstorm (up there with Real Racing graphics wise), Need for Speed Undercover, Fieldrunners, Flight Control, Harbor Master, Spider (excellent pick up and play story based), Peggle, Doom Resurrection (even though it is on rails it is well done), Zenonia (25-30 hours of gameplay RPG) and Backbreaker are some of the best I've played and continue to play.

That is a nice list for you to start out with...

EDIT: I should add I don't have a DS so I can't say they are better but they all deserve a gamers attention. I've owned NES, SNES, Playstation and PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, Genesis, and Atari and the portable Gamegear way back when. You can say I was big into gaming in my teens and early 20s.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 10-30-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

nintendo will survive... they have made it this long...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    There are some very decent titles out for the iPhone but they are mostly pick up and play type of games. Nothing too involved.

Some good ones I've played and continue to enjoy - Real Racing (probably one of the best examples of what a full title can do with online leagues), Slugger (with online play), Sniper vs. Sniper (with online play), Modern Combat: Sandstorm (up there with Real Racing graphics wise), Need for Speed Undercover, Fieldrunners, Flight Control, Harbor Master, Spider (excellent pick up and play story based), Peggle, Doom Resurrection (even though it is on rails it is well done), Zenonia (25-30 hours of gameplay RPG) and Backbreaker are some of the best I've played and continue to play.

That is a nice list for you to start out with...

EDIT: I should add I don't have a DS so I can't say they are better but they all deserve a gamers attention. I've owned NES, SNES, Playstation and PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, Genesis, and Atari and the portable Gamegear way back when. You can say I was big into gaming in my teens and early 20s.
    thanks i am going to check out some of these games

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Remind me how this is different from other the PSP and *gasp* the iphone and ipod touch?
    I wouldn't know about iphone since I'm a late adopter, but the PSP has basically remained the same exact hardware since 2005, so the PSP you got at launch works the same and has the same features as the slim version, only now, 4 years later did Sony added new features with the GO(which is a waste of money itself). In contrast to the 4 different versions of the DS, which make their buyers feel as dopes since a year later you get a different version with added features for the same exact price.

Nintendo should offer a trade in deal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry but this article made me laugh a little. I highly doubt Apple had caused Nintendo to lose 50% profit. First and foremost.. you must understand that the iPhone and iPod Touch are gaining in popularity and almost everyone has one now. Just because Apple has that many games doesn't mean those games are of any real value, figuring since a lot of these developers are popping out Apps after Apps just to turn a profit. We all know how much crap is in the AppStore. So many variations of an App it's ridiculous.

Until Apple creates a gaming console... Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will be ok. Apple right now isn't a big competitor.. their "games" are cheap and affordable which explains why they're selling and making a profit. But with more true gamers out there.. we prefer physical controls.. not touch/tapping a screen to play a game. I hate playing a game that was meant to be played on a console.. unless it's an original game created for the iPhone which is cheap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast