+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 99% of iPhone Owners are Satisfied

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple's incredible success in selling more iPhones could be due to one new statistic. According to pollster ChangeWave a whopping 99% of iPhone users call themselves "satisfied" or "very satisfied"
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Default 99% of iPhone Owners are Satisfied

Apple's incredible success in selling more iPhones could be due to one new statistic.

According to pollster ChangeWave
    a whopping 99% of iPhone users call themselves "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with their device. In fact, those reporting "very satisfied" made up 74% of respondents.

This blows away RIM, with only 43% of users reporting they are "very satisfied" with their BlackBerry. Apple has jumped from holding 17% of smartphone market share one year ago to 30% today. The iPhone is hot on RIM's heels, as the BlackBerry has 40% of the smartphone market.
    According to Paul Carlton, research director at ChangeWave:
    [Smartphones have] sucked up market share from a whole bunch of devices, including PCs, phones and game consoles. No other consumer electronics item did anything like this during the recession.

Apple sold a record 7.4 million iPhones in the third quarter of 2009. When asked what smartphone they plan to buy within 90 days, 36% of consumers said the iPhone. Only 27% planned to purchase a BlackBerry.
    AT&T reported a record third quarter of its own with 3.2 million iPhone activations. The company added 1.3 million new customers during the same time period thanks to the iPhone.

Some analysts have predicted that an end to Apple's exclusivity agreement with AT&T would further increase the iPhone's market share.
    Last edited by Melech518; 10-27-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

esmandau (10-28-2009), mafo5000 (10-28-2009), Napi78 (10-28-2009), TerraBubble (10-28-2009), VenomousSVT (10-28-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I like mine
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I like mine
    I like mine too, but I wouldn't like it nearly as much without Jailbreaking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok, so how many or how little people did they ask, cause in all honesty, im not satisfied with the stock iphone in the slightest, so much needs to be done before i would even consider saying im happy with it.

stupid things that can be done through cydia like themes, 5 icon dock, 5 rows and coloums, these small yet usefull things make the iphone more useable and more fun.

Thanks

i love mine! i can't do without it. of cos mainly becos it's jailbroken.
    . iPhone 3GS 32GB . FW 4.2.1 . Black . greenpois0n .

click the "thanks" button to thank me if my post has helped u
    in any way. that's the only reward i get for my effort. u may
    alternatively donate to alexcdigi (at) yahoo (dot) com via paypal
    to help me support my family

Thanks

Yea I rly only like it cuz it's jailbroken..

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Why don't Apple try targeting the business users more now that they obviously have personal users licked.

Maybe create and sell a "business user iPhone .ipsw" at a small price with lots of stock apps and features designed for business use.

Maybe if the business users were given something that is focused more on business use then Apple would dominate the smartphone industry.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Love my iPhone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i'm very satisfied with my iphone 3gs 32gb factory unlocked. i'm not even thinking abt to jailbreak this is the reason i bought factory unlocked. i can see many people are transferring themselves to iphones..

Banned
    Thanks

That's coz they only did a survey with Apple fanboys.

Do the survey with normal everyday people and you will get a different figure. Everyone I know with an iphone is not really happy with it. They are the first week and the first week after jailbreaking it but thats about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

Do the survey with normal everyday people and you will get a different figure. Everyone I know with an iphone is not really happy with it. They are the first week and the first week after jailbreaking it but thats about it.
    Unless you're reading a line in the article that cannot be viewed on my screen, there is no mention of the demographic in which the survey was taken.

A more accurate assumption might be that assuming that all these iPhone owners own computers and that most computers on the market are Windows PCs- most iPhone owners use Windows? Dunno bout the "fanboy"ism there...
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-28-2009 at 04:21 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

as just about everyone else pointed out- I love my iPhone but, I would not care for the ole girl nearly as much if it was not for jailbreaking. there are so many things I need from there to be satisfied. When I have all my jailbroken additions I have NEVER once considered getting anything new that has come out. Now unlocking and switching to tmo, that has definitely crossed my mind.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

are they satisfied about the battery life??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i tend to get bored of my phone at times. but then i usually sit on my comp.. mess with some themes and make a whole new layout. ive left my iphone multiple times for the blackberry curve, g1, sidekick, and some other piece of crap.. but i always come back to my iphone lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

While I wouldn't say that they only asked fanboys, I do question the sample size and demographic of people surveyed as well. Honestly the surveys that get reported on the web generally have no scientific merit whatsoever and it is my opinion that the findings tend to be heavily skewed towards the answer the surveyor wanted to find. Example: surveying people you see walking on the street browsing something on their iphone. While I don't know that this was the method of sampling, I imagine it had to be something similar as you would want to collect data from only thse individuals who actually have a phone. The problem here is that the average guy that is actively using the phone is not going to tell you it is the biggest POS the world has ever seen. Not to say that the iPhone isn't a great phone, I love mine, but there is something left to be desired and 99% is just an unrealistic number considering the circumstances.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only thing Blackberry has over an iPhone in Canada is their Cheap plans. The iPhone plans over here sucks. 60$ for 150miutes 500mb and 75 txt msg. I'm in Canada and im with rogers

Thanks

I don't believe that. i once was satisfied but no longer. when the next big phone comes out im going to buy that. (Nokia Aeon). Apple messed up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    I like mine too, but I wouldn't like it nearly as much without Jailbreaking.
    indeed !

Thanks

Default it's a phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by lom51 View Post
    ok, so how many or how little people did they ask, cause in all honesty, im not satisfied with the stock iphone in the slightest, so much needs to be done before i would even consider saying im happy with it.

stupid things that can be done through cydia like themes, 5 icon dock, 5 rows and coloums, these small yet usefull things make the iphone more useable and more fun.
    People, people, common! It's a freaking PHONE, for God's sake! It won't do calls better just because you personalized it

Besides, we cannot forget that the majority(if not all) users that post into forums like these have a fair knowledge of tech issues, and we do NOT represent the majority of iPhone users.

By the way, I was jailbroken and unlocked for a while(much because iPhone was not selling in my country at that time), and used to tweak my iPhone in every possible way. But today I realized that, at least for me, the advantages of having a jailbroken iPhone doesn't pay for the cost/risk of constantly seek/wait for the next "hole" to be discovered and exploited.

Don't get me wrong, I know there's a bunch of nice things you can do if you're Jailbroken, but mostly it appeals for we, the techies, and not so much for the average phone user.
    Last edited by fishbone; 10-28-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks

if that 99% is of jailbreak iphone users, then, yes.
    stock ones are lacking a lot in terms of look, functionality and usability.
    i need my lockinfo, popup blocker, ifile, sbsettings, status notifier and thats just a few. how ppl put up with normal ones is beyond me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mnoraznan For This Useful Post:

hitman10 (10-28-2009)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast