+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 99% of iPhone Owners are Satisfied

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by acekin By far, the worst phone I have ever used. It got replaced once, multiple trips to the Apple store where the "Genius" blew compressed air into
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acekin View Post
    By far, the worst phone I have ever used. It got replaced once, multiple trips to the Apple store where the "Genius" blew compressed air into various holes, several trips to AT&T store. At all visits they saw the problem, 5-bar signal yet no calls coming in or going out. I will gladly replace it with an ordinary device that I can rely on to make and receive phone calls. It is simply a terrible and unreliable phone. Other functions may be cool but if I cannot make a call when I need to make a phone call those features don't mean a thing.
    Sounds like a network problem to me...just sayin

But I want to know as well, did you ever get it replaced? This is the reason phones come with a warranty, a great warranty at that. One phone call to Apple would have had the phone replaced. You also have to take into account your coverage in the area. Did you ever reset the network settings? Did you call At&t and have them send a signal to the phone?? Did you ever restore your phone? These are all things any user on this site would perform before making a bold generalization like you did...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

ty22 (10-28-2009)

Thanks

I've just done a survey and 100% of people love their iPhone so I doin't think 99% is that unreasonable.

Mind you, my sample size was 1 - me
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 5,952 Posts

^ make that 2 confucious, still 100%

Thanks

^I make 3

Staying strong at 100%

Edit: I should have made this thread a Poll lol, but the truth is, If you are reading anything on this forum, and you hate your iPhone, than GTFO

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

I was only happy with my iPhone when I jailbroke it. One reason being - Unlock, two being backgrounder. These are things that we should be able to do with a unmodified iPhone.

I'm still not satisfied because Apple is trying to keep us from jailbreaking..

Lovely

Not

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

i dont no what i would do without mmy iphone.
    even though i cant use it rite now

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lom51 View Post
    ok, so how many or how little people did they ask, cause in all honesty, im not satisfied with the stock iphone in the slightest, so much needs to be done before i would even consider saying im happy with it.

stupid things that can be done through cydia like themes, 5 icon dock, 5 rows and coloums, these small yet usefull things make the iphone more useable and more fun.
    Are you serious? Out of everything, the ability to have an extra icon in the dock is the deal breaker for you?

And themes generally suck anyway. I bet you have a horrible one
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

the only reason im satisfied is because of jailbreaking, if i had to keep this phone stock i would not be happy theres just so much more to do when jailbroken!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Most people I know with iPhones are not interested in JB and are very happy.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

My friend hates her iPhone. Why? Because she's a spoiled brat :P
    Actually last time I checked she's content with it. Most people I know with iPod Touches and iPhones are more than satisfied don't even want to jailbreak, and if they do 90% of the time its for cracked apps (sad I know )

As for me I love my iPhone. Sure it has some downfalls, but I love it I seriously use my phone for everything.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ya, I ma happy with my iPhone, I couldnt imaging having another phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

i love mines even more when the first time I heard theres jailbreaking/unlock for other carriers besides AT&T.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I can say I wouldnt be happy with an iphone thats not jailbroken NOW.....but if jailbreaking was never introduced all of you would be happy with the iphone.

You cant use jailbreaking as an excuse because its like dangling a piece of meat in front of a lion then snatching it back.......if he never saw it he would be fine, now he's pissed.

And the iphone stock......is still better than other phones on the market. But its all up to personal preference also.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Funny thing for me is that most of us who purchased iPhones from the get go had no idea about jailbreaking, we loved the device as it was oob. So, whatever. And most of my friends with BB's and Android would take an iPhone in a blink where it not for their being on other carriers. Don't hate, celebrate.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I bet its 99% because all the iphone users who are not satisified probably sold it or threw it out. I get dropped calls, missed txt and voicemail. I was on the phone with my boss when i got "Call Fail" even though i had full service when i called back call failed again.
    About 5 long minutes later i call back only to find out that someone else was called in for my shift because i was 15mins late and never got to explain that.
    I called rogers because this Call Fail crap kept happing they suggest that i turn off my 3G. Well its not like i pay for that?
    And its not like they over charge me on almost every bill then make me pay becuase it will go against my credit.
    I've just about had it with this phone. Its not worth it. I feel as if i'm constantly fighting over an stup*d phone thats not even worth it. I thought i was a customer? but it feels as if i'm held hostage.
    Jailbreaking is the only thing that keeps me with the iphone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe Telus or WIND is in your future? Most if not all of your problems are with your network it sounds like.

- I agree though. I think this test was consisting of people walking out of an Apple store with a new iPhone inhand. There is no way 99% of all iPhone owners are satisfied. If that was the case Refurbished iPhones wouldn't exist, nor would iPhone genius bar visits take place.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 10-28-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Lovely

Not

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Muh...Im not saying the iphone doesnt have its flaws....cause it does....

But Ive never, ever...owned a phone I was completely 100% happy with.....they all have their flaws.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Yeah I bet its 99% because all the iphone users who are not satisified probably sold it or threw it out. I get dropped calls, missed txt and voicemail. I was on the phone with my boss when i got "Call Fail" even though i had full service when i called back call failed again.
    About 5 long minutes later i call back only to find out that someone else was called in for my shift because i was 15mins late and never got to explain that.
    I called rogers because this Call Fail crap kept happing they suggest that i turn off my 3G. Well its not like i pay for that?
    And its not like they over charge me on almost every bill then make me pay becuase it will go against my credit.
    I've just about had it with this phone. Its not worth it. I feel as if i'm constantly fighting over an stup*d phone thats not even worth it. I thought i was a customer? but it feels as if i'm held hostage.
    Jailbreaking is the only thing that keeps me with the iphone.
    Again... THESE ARE NETWORK ISSUES!! lol, Don't you people get it yet? This has nothing to do with your iPhone or any other phone. The networks all have issues and yes, you are going to get dropped, missed, and failed calls from time to time. Check the coverage in your area based on a provider map rather than signal strength. Or read the latest articles posted right here on our own forums:
    In a Q&A with Business Week, FCC chair Julius Genachowski said that if current trends continue, there will not be enough spectrum available for the growth in mobile broadband access. This growth is largely attributed to the iPhone and its much-discussed Hummer-like thirst for bandwidth. Familiar complaints about AT&T's US 3G service - network overloads that result in dropped calls, missed text messages, delayed voicemail, slow downloads, etc. - will become increasingly common, even if Apple allows other service providers to carry the iPhone, because the carriers have nowhere to go to build out their infrastructure.
    Here is the link since most of you seem to have skipped over these technical articles which describe most of your complaints and the reason behind them, and jumped on every "I hate/love the iPhone" thread....
    Last edited by Melech518; 10-28-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    I bet 99 percent of the posters here couldnt live without their iphones for more than a day or two . I know I couldnt .

This is my iphone.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My iphone is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My iphone without me is useless. Without my iphone, I am useless.
    ooorahhhh

no but in all seriousness I love my iPhone and i am satisfied with it and most of the themes are crap

but

quicksend alone is reason enough to jailbreak
    Last edited by reveritt90; 10-28-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    Semper Fidelis

United States Marine Corps

OORAH

Banned
    Thanks
    Well me 2 i love my iPhone i wouldnt change it for nothing for me its the best phone out there nomatter what other people say...and if your not happy with the phone just sell it and thats it big deal...