+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 99% of iPhone Owners are Satisfied

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone has been the best phone I have ever owned. I used to change my phone every 6 months and just have never been as happy as I have
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The iPhone has been the best phone I have ever owned. I used to change my phone every 6 months and just have never been as happy as I have with this one. I held out till the 3G to finally move over since 3G speed was the biggest feature I needed along with the fact that I can view the web pages in full.

Also the application support is great. The phone plus the app store is a killer combo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

i am satisfied with my iphone but very satisfied with my jailbroken iphone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im extremely satisfied with iphone.

ill use iphone forever i guess. i dont think there will be any other device that will be better than iphone. i just wish the battery could last longer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

These "I only like it b/c I can jailbreak" responses are, IMHO, complete b.s. While I LOVE the functionality I've added to my iPhone through the jailbreak community and would hate to lose those features, the "out of the box" product is still fantastic.

These survey results don't surprise me in the slightest.

Thanks

I had a Blackberry Curve, and I honestly didn't like it very much. The OS was buggy (even when I upgraded to 4.5), the browser was terrible (and Opera Mini didn't completely work), and the app selection wasn't really that great. I did really like the BB Messenger feature, as well as the battery life. I wouldn't go back to using one though.

Once I got my iPhone I couldn't believe I didn't ditch my Blackberry sooner. Yeah, having it jailbroken is what really makes it worth owning, but it's just so much more functional as an all-around device than a Blackberry, and there are (free!) apps to keep every aspect of my life organized, unlike with BB.

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    These "I only like it b/c I can jailbreak" responses are, IMHO, complete b.s. While I LOVE the functionality I've added to my iPhone through the jailbreak community and would hate to lose those features, the "out of the box" product is still fantastic.
    I think jailbreaking is a major plus because of the customization it allows. I have custom themes, sliders, images, everything, and it makes the phone that much better to me. The jailbroken iPhone is the first phone I've been able to customize that much since phones like the Razr and Rizr Z3 from Motorola. It's extremely refreshing in today's market, from what I've seen. I do agree that out of the box it is a great product, though being on T-Mobile I wouldn't be able to use it
    Last edited by Eleni; 10-28-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MY PHONE TIMELINE:

Thanks

Cycorder is by far the best feature for the iphone and love it. Now, the themes are cool but I stopped using themes and focus on cycorder, ringtones, and enhancing the features that make the iphone work to my needs.

Thanks

I'm satisfied with my 3gs, although id like it more if my network wasn't so crappy.

Thanks

I bet 99 percent of the posters here couldnt live without their iphones for more than a day or two . I know I couldnt .

This is my iphone.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My iphone is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My iphone without me is useless. Without my iphone, I am useless.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm satisfied with my iPhone but not At&T. My service suck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterboi View Post
    The only thing Blackberry has over an iPhone in Canada is their Cheap plans. The iPhone plans over here sucks. 60$ for 150miutes 500mb and 75 txt msg. I'm in Canada and im with rogers
    Wow! and I complain about having AT&T's 900 minutes for 59.99 and 30.00 for unlimited and 200 txt for 5.00.

Quote Originally Posted by mwr_allen View Post
    Why don't Apple try targeting the business users more now that they obviously have personal users licked.

Maybe create and sell a "business user iPhone .ipsw" at a small price with lots of stock apps and features designed for business use.

Maybe if the business users were given something that is focused more on business use then Apple would dominate the smartphone industry.

Just a thought.

Simply an excellent idea.
    Last edited by ty22; 10-28-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

By far, the worst phone I have ever used. It got replaced once, multiple trips to the Apple store where the "Genius" blew compressed air into various holes, several trips to AT&T store. At all visits they saw the problem, 5-bar signal yet no calls coming in or going out. I will gladly replace it with an ordinary device that I can rely on to make and receive phone calls. It is simply a terrible and unreliable phone. Other functions may be cool but if I cannot make a call when I need to make a phone call those features don't mean a thing.

Thanks

looking at their site -

"The survey of 4,255 consumers shows strong growth continues in the smart phone market, with 39% of respondents now reporting they own a smart phone up 2-pts since June and nearly double the level of two years ago."

although there is no mention of the demographic .. which i agree would be interesting ..

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my iPhone completely! And I am one that has never jailbroke any of my phones yet. Many can't live without the phone if not jailbroken they state and they feel it has made the phone much better. A person as myself can be completely happy with the iPhone the way Apple made it without jailbreaking it.

I do not know what it is like to have a phone jailbroken.... guess I would have to see the pros to doing it and see the phone in action to decide if I should do it or not do it. So far I have never seen a jailbroken phone yet.

But I can tell you people can be completely happy with the phone jailbroken or not.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lom51 View Post
    ok, so how many or how little people did they ask, cause in all honesty, im not satisfied with the stock iphone in the slightest, so much needs to be done before i would even consider saying im happy with it.

stupid things that can be done through cydia like themes, 5 icon dock, 5 rows and coloums, these small yet usefull things make the iphone more useable and more fun.
    Themes i can understand but the 5 icon dock, rows, and columns isn't even offered on most phones..you should be happy having at least 4. And besides having that many icons on your phone blocks your wallpaper doesn't it? You pick up your phone and you've got nothing but a bunch of sqaured icons all over it... not appealing..

Quote Originally Posted by acekin View Post
    By far, the worst phone I have ever used. It got replaced once, multiple trips to the Apple store where the "Genius" blew compressed air into various holes, several trips to AT&T store. At all visits they saw the problem, 5-bar signal yet no calls coming in or going out. I will gladly replace it with an ordinary device that I can rely on to make and receive phone calls. It is simply a terrible and unreliable phone. Other functions may be cool but if I cannot make a call when I need to make a phone call those features don't mean a thing.
    you just had a defective device that's all. Ever had it replaced? Mine makes and receives calls.
    Last edited by hollow0; 10-28-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    I like mine too, but I wouldn't like it nearly as much without Jailbreaking.
    AMEN, I was 100% satisfied when it wasnt jailbroken and 1 week after I got my phone and jailbroke it, and customized it my way I was 100000% satisfied.
    no spam...

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishbone View Post
    People, people, common! It's a freaking PHONE, for God's sake! It won't do calls better just because you personalized it

Besides, we cannot forget that the majority(if not all) users that post into forums like these have a fair knowledge of tech issues, and we do NOT represent the majority of iPhone users.

By the way, I was jailbroken and unlocked for a while(much because iPhone was not selling in my country at that time), and used to tweak my iPhone in every possible way. But today I realized that, at least for me, the advantages of having a jailbroken iPhone doesn't pay for the cost/risk of constantly seek/wait for the next "hole" to be discovered and exploited.

Don't get me wrong, I know there's a bunch of nice things you can do if you're Jailbroken, but mostly it appeals for we, the techies, and not so much for the average phone user.
    FOR GOD'S SAKE ITS A PHONE AND A HANDHELD COMPUTER! If its just a phone to you then you need a motorola razr.

Quote Originally Posted by acekin View Post
    I have had all of the models from the start and never had a problem with any of them. My friends have had all of them from the start and they have had no problem (except for one who had broken his glass screen but we replaced it no problem). I guess you were one of the few that had a problem. Did you have it replaced? was that the only one you have owned? Did any friends you have had one and what was there experience?
    Last edited by JAG2621; 10-28-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I only love my iPhone so much because of the jailbreak!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    i am satisfied with my iphone but very satisfied with my jailbroken iphone!
    +1 I like my iPhone,But i love my iPhone jailbroken. Now if it was not able to be jailbroken i still think from my experiance with a couple of other smartphones i would still prefer the iPhone.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Only real reason why i like mine is the fact that I have been able to jail break it and make it custom. To how I want it to look now to how every joe shmoe has it.

Thanks

i would take a bullet for my iPhone.
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it