+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ripdev - GOOD BYE

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My mom has installer on her iphone running 2.2.1 fw with no issues. Albeit, my mom has no idea what any of this stuff is for on her iphone. I
    Thanks

My mom has installer on her iphone running 2.2.1 fw with no issues. Albeit, my mom has no idea what any of this stuff is for on her iphone. I thought icy was cool and very similar to winterboard but caused me no problems. Cydia has always been slow and buggy but I love it that way!

Thanks

i love the goodbye bashing here, i liked what they did with icy, installer was crap tho. oh well now i have to wait for "reloading data".
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

"With Icy gone, guess we're in the same exact place - Cydia is King, and the people have spoken."

Cydia is slow as sh** and not user friendly, But although it was faster, icy didnt have any of the sources or essential stuff cydia has.

But if you want the real king its ****ROCKAPP!!!!***

Rockapp is WAY faster than cydia in everything, colorful, way nicer looking, user friendly, automatically transfers your sources from cydia (unlike icy) and even makes BACKUPS of your installed apps for when you need to restore for upgrading and the such.

Compared to the real king [of] ROCK (not elvis), Cydia is merely a jester! A JOKE! Once you go rock, you can never go back. At least 5x at everything! Even exiting the app for christs sake!

Thanks

Icy=epic failure

Cydia FTW

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

everything ripdev have always crashes anyway

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    everything ripdev have always crashes anyway
    Agreed. I hate the fact how Installer crashes when I try to install or uninstall something. But now with Cydia, it takes a long time to load up everything, but at least it is more consistent than Installer and it doesn't crash too much. Face it.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Read the page source and you'll see this:

Hey there, fellow page source viewer! Unfortunately, there's nothing interesting here, other than that we are very, very sad about the fact the things turned that way. Here's a bit of advise: don't blindly trust your business partners - one day it may turn out that they will steal a year's worth income of the company and create another one, leaving you without possibility to control what you have been creating for several years.
    so what exactly are you trying to say here NAVY? the only upstart company most recently revealed to the jailbreak community is ROCK....are you saying ROCK is the underhanded deviant backslaped result of a shady deal gone horribly wrong with ripdev? HELL if thats what your showing us with this page source...and if that can even be the truth. dont you think ROCK would be/is alot better off without them?

just like the music industry..cut throat devious and survival of the fittest...
    cydia is KING and better written than rock. BUT..i agree with a previous poster they should collaborate and become cydia rocks...since both have creative and strong ideas
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sn71295 View Post
    One thing to say is ripdev you guys are garbage and have had no need in the jailbreak community you guys didnt help me whatsoever with all the buggy and almost god awful packages i dont know how many time i had to reset my itouch from all the freezing and crashing then freezing cydia is great and saurik kicks ***
    Here's an idea....why don't you try coding your own "not buggy" software and stop using the software offered to you for FREE by people who put tons of hours into it. WOW I don't get you people... picture this... Creating an app to mod your phone that MUST be compatible with millions of different configurations cause no one's configurations is the same.. sounds tough doesn't it? Well it probably is.. Haven't you been taught to be grateful at one point in your life?

So this being said... Even if I never used RipDev's apps Thank you for all your hard work and effort you put in to these apps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

bye bye ripdev you were wonderful on my 1.x and 2.x JB's

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

i remember the installer days way back when good times :P

Thanks

I just appreciate any and all work done to make the iphone a better phone to enjoy. Its a loss any way you look at it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mikerlx For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (10-27-2009)

Thanks

Installer was the big dog (in fact only dog) on the block in the infancy of JB'ing. Remember ZiPhone and all of the other initial JB'ing apps that allowed us to install Installer?

Kate was the first app that allowed a major degree of customization that we now take for granted.

RIPDev will be missed...

As for the Rock vs Cydia issue, well, I prefer Rock but one has to be aware that Jay pioneered what Rock is expounding upon. As has been mentioned, a collaboration between the two would be awesome!

It's funny how we can mention RIPDev and Kate et al as the "old days" as they (the "old days") were but a mere 2 and a half years ago! The jail break community has come a long way thanks to RIPDev and those that followed them. (DevTeam, GeoHot, Jay Freeman, Big Boss, Steve Houghton, ModMyi in all of its incarnations, et al... way too many to list and I am grateful to all of them)
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 10-27-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks

lol bye bye
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

R.i.p.

Thanks

That's sad new. Thanks for your support with the iphone project for the last several years. I wish you guy luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To all those people that had a go and created software for the Jailbroken iPhone community, and set up systems to distribute it then you have all the right to make these negative comments. All the others should thank them for offering the community of jailbroken iPhone users another option to access jailbroken software. Which way do you want it guys?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to surryhillbilly For This Useful Post:

mythamp (10-28-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sn71295 View Post
    One thing to say is ripdev you guys are garbage and have had no need in the jailbreak community you guys didnt help me whatsoever with all the buggy and almost god awful packages i dont know how many time i had to reset my itouch from all the freezing and crashing then freezing cydia is great and saurik kicks ***
    Hey new guy, most probably you didnt know but in the days of 1.2 and 1.4, most probably when you didnt know iPhone was cool, ripDeV and installer was "jailbreaking". So show some respect, there are a few articles here about how cydia sucked compared to installer, use the search function.

In any case, good luck with what you guys(ripDev) will do in the future and hope you guys still play a role in the jailbreaking community.

Respect.

Thanks

Good Bye - Good luck & Good ridense RipDev
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

I hope things go well with their future. It is sad that another "dev" team is going offline. But their work broke a lot of ground in the early days and inspired others to JB their devices. I salute all that work as a "dev" in the community.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Good Bye - Good luck & Good ridense RipDev
    You mean- riddance?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]