+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FCC Chief: "We Face a Spectrum Gap" Due to iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mawells787 the spectrum that at&t / Verizon bought from the analog TV transition was in the 700mhz. the 700mhz bands are going to be used for LTE
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mawells787 View Post
    the spectrum that at&t / Verizon bought from the analog TV transition was in the 700mhz. the 700mhz bands are going to be used for LTE by verizon/at&t ( most likely they will be roaming partners for LTE). the 700mhz band will be great because it can travel further and penetrate walls/buildings better than 850mhz/1900mhz.

however, these problems are very serious, as much as people want to bash at&t for the problems their network has, no other network has the same amount of 3G users as at&t. to put it in perspective see below:

in Q2 2009 t-mobile had 2.1 million users on their 3G network ( G1,mytouch 3G sidekick 3G ect)

as of Q3 2009 at&t has about 35million people on their 3G network and 12-13 million are iphone users ( the hummer of smartphones).

im sure that cant be to accurate as all iphone users are forced to pay for a 3g plan even if its not available anywhere around you i have to drive an hour before i get to a city with 3g and yet im still paying for it at&t sent a notice in january saying they will be building a 3g network in my city in 2009 im thinking there gonna wait till christmas eve cuz i see no signs of it anywhere one of the reasons i been looking into verizon although i love my iphone and would be lost without it i hate paying for something im not getting and since at&t wont let me upgrade my phone(to 3gs) until march without paying extra when my contract ends in jun im thinking droid does commercials look better and better as verizon has had 3g in my city for a while now. lol ok let me stop ranting jus a little touchy when it comes to at&t's 3g network.
    Last edited by robbpell; 10-26-2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

just to tell u more info about this band frequencies means that every device needs to transmit its signals using its specific frequency which i guess the iphone is a killer frequency talking about
    iphone >>>>>>>>>fm>>>>>>>>>>am ?:S lol what about the naza frequencies

Thanks

Looks like the radio spectrum needs some organization.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That made sense. Now force At&T to work.
    lawl... gl on that one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    im sure that cant be to accurate as all iphone users are forced to pay for a 3g plan even if its not available anywhere around you i have to drive an hour before i get to a city with 3g and yet im still paying for it at&t sent a notice in january saying they will be building a 3g network in my city in 2009 im thinking there gonna wait till christmas eve cuz i see no signs of it anywhere one of the reasons i been looking into verizon although i love my iphone and would be lost without it i hate paying for something im not getting and since at&t wont let me upgrade my phone(to 3gs) until march without paying extra when my contract ends in jun im thinking droid does commercials look better and better as verizon has had 3g in my city for a while now. lol ok let me stop ranting jus a little touchy when it comes to at&t's 3g network.
    That's quite a run-on sentence!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

When you pay a toll, you are also paying taxes for future road upgrades you are not currently using. Same thing, different "caching" kittie. Can I just point my iPhone towards an egg and get an omelet now?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    well just to correct myself its not 35 million because its 41% of 63 million which is the amount of post paid customers. i calculated it based on 41% of the 81million. so the actual number is 25million on 3G.

i see your point, however i have no idea if the calculate that number based on the amount of 3G devices sold or the actual amount of people connected to the 3G network. for example my dads phone is on 3G for voice and my girlfriends LG shine works on 3G, but if they sell an iphone 3G or 3G capable phone in a non 3G area i'm not sure if that constitutes as part of that 41%.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Take that humanity and the frequency spectrum. The iPhone is literally crushing airwaves. Ok Android, your turn to perform a magic trick.....

By the way someone needs to run Defrag on that thing.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Take that humanity and the frequency spectrum. The iPhone is literally crushing airwaves. Ok Android, your turn to perform a magic trick.....

By the way someone needs to run Defrag on that thing.
    Yeah, we need to use Disk Defragmenter. Wait, I mean Spectrum Defragmenter! I mean - ah, screw it!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

man the FCC is gey why don't they just make some more bandwith and call it a day. They spend millions of our tax dollars just for these damn meetings, why not just fix the problem and get it over with.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Thanks

Very Interesting stuff.. imagine if Apple had its way and iphoned for ATT and Verizon and maybe TMobile all were selling iphones to their customers..
    We all would be in trouble!!

Thanks

ever get the feeling that people just write...whatever press release copy is sent to them? like, just to get something out there that sounds like it's about something?

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

MAKE some more bandwidth?!?? Ahhh, hell... Let's add some more colors to the rainbow too.... And while we're at it, Warp 1; ENGAGE!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the major carriers operate on the same bands (850/1900) which is probably the reason why T-Mobile went with 1700/2100mhz (currently just 1700mhz) More traffic is allowed and no other mobile carriers really use it besides Cricket/MetroPCS.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 10-27-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Lovely

Not

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Most of the major carriers operate on the same bands (850/1900) which is probably the reason why T-Mobile went with 1700/2100mhz (currently just 1700mhz) More traffic is allowed and no other mobile carriers really use it besides Cricket/MetroPCS.
    I don't think that t-mobile chose the AWS 1700/2100mhz band, i think that they didn't have any choice. however the problem with that frequency is that its a 2way frequency which means that 1700 is for the download link and 2100 for the upload.

tmobile bought the biggest chunk of these frequency, but there were other buyers including at&t, so there still is plenty of unused spectrum. see the link below

T-Mobile Wins Large Chunks of 3G Spectrum, What Does This Means To You? - 3G - Gizmodo

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

They only use 1700mhz right now. They don't use 2100mhz for up and 1700mhz for down.

Lovely

Not

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I borrow some money to buy some spectrum??? ;-)
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enjoylife View Post
    LOL - I bet that graph cost tax payers $4 million to produce..
    sadly this is probably true
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    lolol yeah someone needs to defrag that spectrum asap xD
    defrag ha ha ha ha ha ha
    iPhone 3g 8GB; iPhone 3GS 32GB

Thanks
    Can't we just use some of that AM broadcasting spectrum... Sean Hannity will understand...
    -Ben

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12