+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Today's Tablet Rumors: New SIM Tray, Times Honcho Blurts

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Another week, another load of Apple Tablet rumors. Today's grab bag ranges from the sketchy to the plausible: a leaked photo of a supposed new SIM tray from a future
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Today's Tablet Rumors: New SIM Tray, Times Honcho Blurts

Another week, another load of Apple Tablet rumors. Today's grab bag ranges from the sketchy to the plausible: a leaked photo of a supposed new SIM tray from a future Apple device, and some unguarded comments by the executive editor of the New York Times.

First, from the website chinaontrade.com comes a picture of something purporting to be an "Apple iTablet iPhone 4 Generation SIM Tray." The assertion does have some credence as the product comes from Foxconn, the Taiwan-based firm that has been consistently fingered in rumors as the likely tablet manufacturer. The tray has some bigger dimensions than the current iPhone SIM tray, and has a different eject mechanism, making it suitable for a larger device. In any regard, the clue is fairly thin on its own, thugh it does add to a growing pile of indications that the device is going to come from Apple's Far Eastern partner in the beginning of next year.

The other bit of news making the rounds this morning is a comment made by William Keller, the executive editor of the New York Times. He was making a speech before Times staff in a supposedly off-the-record meeting that was recorded on someone's camera and subsequently posted to Vimeo. Talking about future directions for the paper's digital edition, he made the following remark:
    "I'm hoping we can get the newsroom more actively involved in the challenge of delivering our best journalism in the form of Times Reader, iPhone apps, WAP, or the impending Apple slate, or whatever comes after that."
    This could easily be interpreted as just a general reference to the buzz surrounding the still-unannounced, mythical Tablet... in which case it'd be the rumor mill basically twisting around to bite itself on the butt, figuratively speaking. On the other hand, if reports of the Times having been contacted by Apple to provide digital content on an unspecified new device are true, Keller is one of the few people on Earth with actual information about the tablet. As the Times executive responsible for directing the newspaper's digital content, any such device would be a pretty key part of his business plans, so it would have to be at the forefront of his mind.

The comments begin at about 8:15 in the video below:
    [ame=http://vimeo.com/7166514]Bill Keller speaks to the digital group at The New York Times on Vimeo[/ame]

image via Engadget

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple Slate has a better ring to it than the iTablet, or something like that.

Thanks

Is this the same company who reported the new "chrome bezel" and "back housing" for the iPhone 3GS back in the spring? Yeah, how'd that rumor work out? Exact same iPhone design IIRC

Thanks

SLATE sounds like a rock....how about Itablet is fine. or they can can maybe call it istyle or i-going to make a lot of money for a apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

this would imply that an Apple tablet would work on AT&T.....
    seems unlikely.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Sounds like speculation more than actual knowledge..
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple doesn't surprise me anymore.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Is this the same company who reported the new "chrome bezel" and "back housing" for the iPhone 3GS back in the spring? Yeah, how'd that rumor work out? Exact same iPhone design IIRC :
    Good point! Rumors suck... Most are false anyways!! Cant wait to see what its gonna look like or taste like... lol

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully this is true. It would be great to have Internet when not around a wifi network.

Thanks

you have hears of tethering???? welcome to 2009

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep sure have. I have been tethering since PDAnet first came out. Love it!

Thanks

Tired of all these rumors and none are true til about 24-72 hours if that before the product lauch. The new iMac and white unibody macbook were not even presented with a huge event. Site was down then we had new apple products instantly duhh duhh

Thanks

WOW all the new things that are coming out here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I PMed cash and poetic Sunday morning when I got the e-mail from chinaontrade.com. No response back though from them.

Oh, well. Good to see it made it's way to the news board!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

How does Apple keep such good secrets?

Thanks

i think the tablet is going to be hugely revolutionary in the computer live music industry. i can allready see the possibilities.
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

why can't they just admit that they are making it already...it's killin me lol
    If I was any help, please hit the thanks button...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Make it a mac computer and I will buy it. Make it a big itouch and I won't.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i totally agree with that... I already have an iphone, why would i buy a giant one..lol but i would definitely spend like 800 if it was a fully functional mac..
    If I was any help, please hit the thanks button...

What's Jailbreak? cheekydevil1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Top secret
    Quote Originally Posted by bbillh77 View Post
    How does Apple keep such good secrets?
    Where to start, where to start??? First of all when selected people are working on a project or a prototype item they are locked in a room that has a red light above it (like when a radio station is on air) This indicates you are not allowed in. They will also strategically plant or leak false information to different people or areas, if those rumours come out they can trace their leaks.
    Every business partner is tied down with non disclosure paperwork and even then they are not told everything, only what they need to know.
    This is why they don't need media events anymore for their products, all they have to do is be quiet, not say anything, this then creates the buzz that we are all apart of, the media grabs it anyway and booooyaaar there is free advertisement!
    I also like to think that Area 51 does not belong to the government of America but to Apple