Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n RC2 Released, Tethered Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS

Thanks for that Johnny.
    Will try and see if something can be done about that.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

will there be a non tethered jailbreak for the 3gs when the new iphone comes out?
    i just got my 3gs this weekend and i can only be tethered
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there a way to re jailbreak without itunes?
    we are not allowed to install itunes here at work. i tried running blackrain from thumbdrive. no good. even from a box with admin privledges.

Have not tried this myself, but you might look for a portable version of iTunes, like, say, this one.

EDIT:
    meh - whoever put that together (it was built as a VMware packaged app) had no idea what they were doing - the whole Apple Mobile Device Management subsytem is missing. It's worthless.

I may look for older versions - someone has had to have built one at some point.....

EDIT TO MY EDIT

I won't bother typing the details on how I coaxed this out of iTunes - but this is all you need to install on a system to get Blackra1n to work.

It's a service (and has drivers) so it's not likely it will ever be a portable app - but it's a small install and it works - I tested it by rebooting my phone and "making it ra1n" on my non-iTunes laptop

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/345595765/AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi
    Last edited by Johnny-Longtorso; 02-03-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny-Longtorso For This Useful Post:

mag11581 (02-04-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mag11581 View Post
    is there a way to re jailbreak without itunes?
    we are not allowed to install itunes here at work. i tried running blackrain from thumbdrive. no good. even from a box with admin privledges.
    Neither BlackRa1n not RedSn0w use iTunes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

then why can't i reboot from a bax that doesnt have itunes on it?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Neither BlackRa1n not RedSn0w use iTunes.
    ?

Since when? You've _always_ needed iTunes for BlackRa1n - that is the ONLY way it can "talk" to the phone. It needs the Apple Mobile Device substrate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny-Longtorso For This Useful Post:

mag11581 (02-04-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got a new iphone 3gs how can i tell if it can be a untethered jailbreak my first 5 of my serial number is 85944

Read more about air by modmyi.com
    The Thank you Buttons works great let me see you use it

It's tethered.

Hi guys is it possible to unlock iphone 3gs 32gb running 3.1.3 not bothered about jailbreakin just want it to work on orange can this be done thanks?

If only there were some kind of indication.... like a banner ad or something...

My guess: no.

Cheers pal someone said you can get it unlocked from o2 direct for 15 pounds?
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 02-07-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: no links

If your phone is locked to O2 then they will unlock it for free if you're on contract or 15 if you have a PAYG SIM

Think i will put 15 quid on a o2 payandgo sim card and go down that road as im on orange cheers guys....
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 02-07-2010 at 01:42 PM.

I'd say keep checking various boards - it will likely be done soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-Longtorso View Post
    I'd say keep checking various boards - it will likely be done soon enough.
    What will be done soon enough?

I wouldn't have the knowledge to do so but it would be cool if someone could come up with a mini linux kernel that could splice in the needed usb hack and boot the phone vs a small dock connector dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoZ81 View Post
    I wouldn't have the knowledge to do so but it would be cool if someone could come up with a mini linux kernel that could splice in the needed usb hack and boot the phone vs a small dock connector dongle.
    Download the MSI and tried installing it in WINE. Pretty sure WINE worked with older versions on iTunes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567