+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n RC2 Released, Tethered Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Thank you, Geohot. Now I can buy a 3GS without getting scared about not theming, tether or no tether (my laptop is usually with me at all times, anyways). I
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Thank you, Geohot.

Now I can buy a 3GS without getting scared about not theming, tether or no tether (my laptop is usually with me at all times, anyways).

I feel like I'm going to cry.
    #eli7e revived me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you, Geohot

It's working now on my 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for some reason my wifi wasn't working and i kept being prompted to enter my voicemail password. I went into my voicemail settings and turned the notification off and wifi started working...odd
    Last edited by Lefty-44; 10-26-2009 at 02:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have newer 3GS, does my iPhone have to be connected to computer when i respring or only when I reboot it? And is there any other downsides then that, I had veryveryvery hard time with blackra1n RC1 and I dont wanna go thru that never again!
    Last edited by Stobe; 10-26-2009 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks

Default Sexy
    This is a sexy jailbreak. Very attractive

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry another noob questions. I understand if you reboot the phone you need to be plugged into a computer. But do you have to use blackra1n again or do I just plug the phone into the computer and then reboot? What happens if you reboot with no computer does it give some kind of message or does it act like a unjailbroken iphone? My sister has the new 3GS so before I do anything I want to make sure I have everything covered. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

No support on 10.4

Thanks

I'm not sure if it supports 10.4 but it does not support PPCs
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry 5.11.07 baseband ???
    I have already tried this on my iphone 3gs 3.1.2 version with 5.11.07 baseband , to be honest its not at all working, and waste of time, we should wait for a real unlock from devteam or geohot or saurik from cydia,i have tried all methods available until now to unlock my iphone butttttttttttt,,,, still using it like a ipod for watching videos and listening to musics, thanks to apple and steve job for the un changeable baseband!!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

^it is not meant to unlock your phone. It just lets you enjoy the freedom of jailbreaking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am using a 3g and could not get rc1 to work at all. RC2 worked first try no probs! Great release!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emartins View Post
    Sorry another noob questions. I understand if you reboot the phone you need to be plugged into a computer. But do you have to use blackra1n again or do I just plug the phone into the computer and then reboot? What happens if you reboot with no computer does it give some kind of message or does it act like a unjailbroken iphone? My sister has the new 3GS so before I do anything I want to make sure I have everything covered. Thanks
    +1 i'd like to know as well.
    and thanks for the release!! I'm scheduled to pick up my new 3gs Oct 31st and am going to mac the att guy dig through the phones and check each serial number. But this way atleast i know that if i can't get one of the older 3gs's i can still atleast tether jailbreak.

-Luke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No disrespect to the dev team (truly) but I manage (for my family) an iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs and an ipod touch 2g. I have used all the quickpwn, pwnage, *snow, and *ra1n jailbreaks at some point for each of these devices. Far and away the easiest are geohot's ra1n JB. For me the achilles heel of all other methods is the rather finicky entering DFU mode with a close second of redsnow unexplained "communication error with the server" crashes.

I don't mind geohot asking for donations - that's the way it should be - would you prefer he charged for his software (and his hard work)? The dev team's free model is enormously commendable but I am quite reliant on JB for my devices and when apple releases a useful OS update I generally would pay for a reliable and rapid JB method to accompany it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3G JB stuck on Apple Icon
    I was able to JB just fine last night. Cydia needed to update (assuming since I havent JB since updating to 3.1. However Rock got stuck trying to install so I rebooted. It hasn't worked since. I've rebooted several times and have tried JB as well. It gets stuck on the geohot pic or gets stuck on the Apple Icon. I've also noticed that it will cycle through & flash a screen too quick for me to figure out what it is then go back to the Apple Icon.

Can someone PLEASE help? Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to restore to 3.1.2 which is the only firmware ra1n works on then rejailbreak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Serious problem with Blackrain - Can't restore
    I Can't restore the 3gs anymore!

tried RC2 on 3GS (simfree) with new bootrom, it booted then after cydia it got stuck.

when i try to restore to 3.1.2 aftr about 2 minutes, it boots but cydia and rain icons open and close when pressed.
    also, rebooting or shutting off results in going to recovery mode (black), then again itunes restore does the same.

trying RC2 again just gets stuck in recovery

pressing or holding any of the buttons does not get it out of recovery mode.

appreciate expert advice
    Last edited by dordor28; 10-26-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I don't understand your response. You say "when I try to restore to 3.1.2 it boots up and cydia/ra1n won't launch. If you actually restored your phone it wouldn't be jailbroken at all. I would start from scratch.. restore in iTunes to 3.1.2 again.. then re-run ra1n and redownload Cydia only... don't worry about Icy and Rock at all at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah I already updated to 3.1.2 a few weeks ago. I was trying to avoid restoring because I was dumb & didn't backup some pics I need for work. I'm too impatient & don't have time to go without my phone so I had no choice but to restore. Not sure if I'm trying again later-seems like too much of a hassle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Everyone was a noob once. If anything, I'm more of a noob because I haven't been keeping up with the jailbreak scene since the beginning of the year.

Anyways, tethered jailbreak means that every time you reboot the device, you have to be connected to the computer

This is my first time jailbreaking my 3GS since I got it.

thanks for the reply.

so as long as my phone doesnt die or freeze up i'll be ok?

and if i do need to reboot it, i just have to run blackra1n again hooked to a computer?

Will i lose all my JB apps or will they be there and just not work?

sorry for the noobiness again. thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I don't understand your response. You say "when I try to restore to 3.1.2 it boots up and cydia/ra1n won't launch. If you actually restored your phone it wouldn't be jailbroken at all. I would start from scratch.. restore in iTunes to 3.1.2 again.. then re-run ra1n and redownload Cydia only... don't worry about Icy and Rock at all at this point.
    that's the problem. i'm no noob, it happened exactly as i described it.
    right now i'm at a point where i can't restore my 3gs on itunes. when i restore i get the white screen, then the apple logo and after a minute it boots to the springboard where the br and cydia are still there (not working)
    trying reset or shut down puts it into recovery mode that only another restore can solve - the same LOOP again.

i'm guessing something got screwed it the boot sequence

btw: itunes continues to say "preparing iphone..." until eventually 1604
    Last edited by dordor28; 10-26-2009 at 12:10 PM.