+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Copycat Impact Forces Apple to Invest

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ronfin44 Fail I hope you're kidding about your spelling. OK DR. grammar no one cares for perfect spelling... Originally Posted by KartRacer The difference, with me anyway,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Fail

I hope you're kidding about your spelling.
    OK DR. grammar no one cares for perfect spelling...

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    The difference, with me anyway, is that I love my Apple products, just not the control freaks that sell them. Apple as a company has gotten away from what it used to be. An alternative to the mainstream, but now they have become the mainstream and they've become exactly what they despised. I hate the fact they they continually lock me out of my hardware I paid for. None of us knew they would start this back and forth with the first iPhone when it came out. But we as a group made the shareholders and higher ups in Apple billions of dollars in sales, and what do they do to repay us? Spit in our faces and treat us like criminals. I jailbreak to thumb my nose at Apple as a whole. Yeah they still get my money, but I love watching the 'Genius' at the Apple stores squirm when they see my jailbroken iPhone. They hate to see them for some reason. I have candybar installed on my MacBook and the 'Genius' in Charleston was very adamant that I needed to not have that skinning the OS when bringing it in for service, for some odd reason. Apple seems to breed a culture of 'We know better than the customer'. I don't understand that.

More differences with us and the Apple faithful is that we can have an objective opinion. We don't tow the company line, see the ways they screw the consumer, see the hypocrisy in their ads, the way the fans react to getting a taste of their own medicine, we see the strengths and weaknesses of both OS X and Windows 7, run both OSes and not be immature and say one sucks over the other when it doesn't suit our individual needs, and watch in amazement that they continue to treat jailbreakers like we are thieving lowlifes who jailbreak only to steal apps and unlock a legitimately purchased phone with our hard earned money. If I'm not mistaken there is legislation in the pipe that would require any phone provider to unlock a phone after the contract is finished. (I sure hope so) I will continue to buy iPhones that I can jailbreak, it's the best device on the market by a very long stretch. The day I can't, I'll go somewhere else. Until then I will buy what best suits my needs and shop accordingly. Right now, Apple fits my needs, but by no means are they perfect and it hurts nothing/no one to point out the shortcomings. Constructive criticism is a great tool, but only if the person takes it the right way.

And besides isn't this a community of people that are figuratively thumbing their noses at Apple and continuing to jailbreak? That to me completely mitigates your statement. We are actively going against their wishes, no different than the rest of us criticizing other actions they take.

EDIT: By the way the few times I've been in the Perimeter Mall Apple store they've had frumpy chicks working there, and retards with those fake mohawks. Though hot chicks do frequent that Apple store. The one is Charleston SC ALWAYS has hot women in it because of the school right in the area.
    all i read was the first five words you typed and called it quits, no one wants to read an essay about your opinion foo just keep it short and simple...
    Last edited by badass1469; 10-26-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think Microsoft is better than apple?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeeDude View Post
    Even if you consider Microsoft to be "copycatting", or could I say "borrowing" from Apple for their store, what is so wrong with it?

Apple has borrowed plenty from Microsoft in the past.
    its not just that they borrowed it from apple, its pretty much an identical imitation, with a windows logo in place of the apple (they didn't even right windows on it, thats apple's thing - what other company doesn't have their name in their logo?)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badass1469 View Post
    all i read was the first five words you typed and called it quits, no one wants to read an essay about your opinion foo just keep it short and simple...
    Sorry to waste your valuable time. My next post will take your feelings and busy schedule into account and be just like every other asinine post around here. Snarky, unintelligent, based on bias rather than fact, and above all in total irrational support of something without research or reason. Maybe I'll just start making irrational comments like the Apple obsessed, would that make you feel better?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Sorry to waste your valuable time. My next post will take your feelings and busy schedule into account and be just like every other asinine post around here. Snarky, unintelligent, based on bias rather than fact, and above all in total irrational support of something without research or reason. Maybe I'll just start making irrational comments like the Apple obsessed, would that make you feel better?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkenstein909 View Post
    its not just that they borrowed it from apple, its pretty much an identical imitation, with a windows logo in place of the apple (they didn't even right windows on it, thats apple's thing - what other company doesn't have their name in their logo?)
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-27-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you guys see the Hot chick at the front entrance? she must weigh at least 350 lbs
    Very hot MS.
    What about the Microsoft phone.... oh yeah, there isn't one, just a bunch of crappy phones that run Windows Mobile and crash more than they make phone calls. ( I had one )
    MS rips off everything apple makes and tries to call it their own, they've been doing it since the creation of Windows.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

whoo I live in Phoenix!! I would check it out but I'm an apple person.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avelazquez1 View Post
    MS rips off everything apple makes and tries to call it their own, they've been doing it since the creation of Windows.
    Pot, meet kettle.

I don't think you can bash on MS like that without pointing out how Apple has forced users into specific computer configurations. The real kicker has been once they moved to more "standardized" computer parts, they're willing to SUE companies who try to compete with their hardware sales, since they are trying to provide hardware that isn't grossly overpriced.

I realize that MS hasn't been a bastion of light in the computer world, but to ignore the behavior of Apple is just plain naive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    The Microsoft store def has better looking girls working there. Step up Apple.
    i bet they have VIRUS..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    i bet they have VIRUS..
    If we're going to go down that road....

Are we saying Apple isn't pretty or popular enough of a girl to get asked out by 90% of the boys in the school?

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345