+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Google Wave Client Close to Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious Mine arrived in seconds.... Oh I didn't get it from that person. He said that he has to give it to his friends and family and
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Mine arrived in seconds....
    Oh I didn't get it from that person. He said that he has to give it to his friends and family and stuff first.
    After our conversation I got it from someone on twitter. He "nominated" me so yeah...
    Google says "Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick. Happy waving!"
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    That looks identical to the mobile version of Google Wave you get if you sign in on your iPhone... What's the advantage to this app over just running it in Safari?
    I'm willing to bet that there will be better media integration. Currently the video/photos browsing completely sucks.

I haven't tried uploading photos to a wave just yet, but currently it doesn't play nicely with FF either.

/shrug

I could see some things like torrent sites using something like this since you can keep things fairly private and it's easy to remove permissions from waves for people as well.

I like the technology, but I think that there is a lot more to it than "If email were created today..."

Thanks

Just curious, I signed up for a wave invite on the 12th and i thought i read where it takes about 2 weeks to receive the invite, but now I'm wondering if that was for people that were actually invited by someone? Can someone that signed up let me know how long it took to get the invite? Oh and does it go on just straight days or like business days lol? I'm so anxious!
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    Just curious, I signed up for a wave invite on the 12th and i thought i read where it takes about 2 weeks to receive the invite, but now I'm wondering if that was for people that were actually invited by someone? Can someone that signed up let me know how long it took to get the invite? Oh and does it go on just straight days or like business days lol? I'm so anxious!
    I'm not all that sure that there is a "set" time that you sign up for a wave invite and receive one. It may be some type of lottery type system, or they take into account things like the size of your Gmail box, how frequently you're logged into GTalk, if you currently use Google Voice, etc.

The people that I invited were about 2-3 days out until they received their actual invites in the mail.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    I'm not all that sure that there is a "set" time that you sign up for a wave invite and receive one. It may be some type of lottery type system, or they take into account things like the size of your Gmail box, how frequently you're logged into GTalk, if you currently use Google Voice, etc.

The people that I invited were about 2-3 days out until they received their actual invites in the mail.
    Ok cool, well i hope i get my invite this week, I use my Gmail account every day, i have Google voice(which took about 2 weeks for the invite) and i use Google talk every Monday lol so my fingers are crossed.

Thanks

yep 2 weeks today, no invite

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12