+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orbit: Exposť for your iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by scraggles I'm seeing this developers tweets on twitter and he doesn't seem that focused on the apps he has out right now. I'd hold of a month
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scraggles View Post
    I'm seeing this developers tweets on twitter and he doesn't seem that focused on the apps he has out right now. I'd hold of a month or so on buying anything from him and see if things change or stay the same.
    Good call. I wish I had run across your post before I wasted my money on this.

After trying in vain to manually add doubletap Home functionality for Orbit, I emailed the developer through Cydia asking for help. He responded within minutes, claiming that an update would be released 'in the next week,' enabling that function. That was back on October 18th. heh ... Closer inspection of his Twitter feed and profile lead me to believe that he has a very short attention span and that I probably shouldn't hold my breath waiting for an update. Oh well - now I know better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah, his tweets are getting further and further from his apps. He's talking about everything BUT the apps. I understand it's twitter, but he should have 2 separate twitter accounts. One for his personal life, one for his 'business'.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scraggles View Post
    Yeah, his tweets are getting further and further from his apps. He's talking about everything BUT the apps. I understand it's twitter, but he should have 2 separate twitter accounts. One for his personal life, one for his 'business'.
    Agreed. Showing potential customers that you have the attention span of a small child is probably not the best idea ...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Still a bad *** app and I'm glad he wrote it. I use it several times a day, but then again, I have an *** load of apps.

I wish it would read all of my icons properly, but small price to pay. Hell, I use them as place markers so I can remember the pages quickly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have any idea how to get Orbit to launch with a doubletap of the Home button? It would make it infinitely more useful.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Still a bad *** app and I'm glad he wrote it. I use it several times a day, but then again, I have an *** load of apps.

I wish it would read all of my icons properly, but small price to pay. Hell, I use them as place markers so I can remember the pages quickly.

I know the solution for your problem. Orbit does use the Icon-Small.png icons from the apps. Just make the missing smaller icons, which have a size ot 29x29 pixel btw, and place them in your app folder. This way you can have different icons on your springboard and others that show on your orbit screen. I for example use semi transparent icons because I use Bosspaper for rotating wallpapers, which would have caused finding the apps I want on my orbit screen, but like I said before since Orbit uses the smaller icons I still see which apps are on each page.
    Hope this helps you out.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

giannisg (12-02-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just upgraded this morning from the original package. Even more awesome!!! Great upgrade...very professional looking product now. Well worth the $$$. Thank you!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123