+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orbit: Exposť for your iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
How's the speed on a 2G/3G ?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How's the speed on a 2G/3G ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I LOVE this app. Works great and exactly like it does in the video. Just another superb app to make a jailbroken iPhone stand out from a standard out of the box iPhone.

Showed it to many people, and they thought it was very cool and wished they had jailbroken phones.

I only have 9 pages of apps, but this is perfect. Not that swiping left or right took a lot of time, but this is quick and nice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is similar to the TapSB hack that was talked about early in the year. I hoped to that come true, but didn't. This is excellent. I tried Categories, then looked at Pogo Plank. Both well done and I really like the look of Pogo Plank, but they are both, IMHO, far to labor intensive. I have given up on themes with icons. Too much trouble.

This is simple, and requires no fussing! It has a place in my dock. A couple suggestions:

Home button should dismiss back to where I was.
    How about some zoom functionality where I could tap and hold to view a page then select or not.
    Page titles?
    Unlike some others I think the black background, especially behind the pages, needs to stay. This stuff is pretty small to see already.

Thanks for this wonderful utility.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It would be really awesome if we could set Orbit as the double-click home button. The app still rocks as is!

Thanks

I bought this app immediately. I've been waiting for something like this. I'm a fan so far, but there is definitely room for improvement. It needs to recognize the home button so that home will take you back to SB (like Rusty said), and maybe add a subtle glow around the current SB page.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

bought it. like it. looking forward to the suggestions above and any other features that may arise from it.

thanks for the work and a fair price.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I downloaded the cracked version of this, toyed around with it and enjoyed it so much I felt bad for not contributing to the developer so I deleted the cracked version and bought it. This is an awesome app and I love it. You guys that are wanting it for free... you kind of people piss me off. If you enjoy someone's work, pay them for it. People's expectation for everything to be free nowadays drive me nuts. What's the incentive to work hard if you aren't going to get anything for it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I so get tired of hearing "Why cant I leech off of other people's hard work without contributing anything myself" complaints.
    +100 ... esp since it's a couple of bucks. From what we spend a month on service and the phone itself, you can't pay a dev a couple dollars for a great app. *shrugs*

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyhoge View Post
    Home button should dismiss back to where I was.
    Page titles?
    Unlike some others I think the black background, especially behind the pages, needs to stay. This stuff is pretty small to see already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    subtle glow around the current SB page.
    These are awesome ideas.

I spoke to the developer on twitter with my suggestions.

1) Allow us to use a big icon for the page... Say page 3 is all games. Let us use a custom game icon for it. And page 4 is apps, custom icon for that.

2) If that isn't a possibility, how about a lable under each of the icons like 'games' 'apps' 'utilities'

He responded suggesting his other app 'stack' to me. All available versions of stack are garbage and until 3.0 is out(which he doesn't seem to be working on at the moment due to orbit) I'm stuck looking still.

I do like orbit, but with something along the lines of custom icons to denote the entire contents of the page(if your organized) then it's the closest we're going to get to actual folders anytime soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    because - if we want independent dev's to bring really really really cool programs to Cydia there will need to be some incentive. I have no problem paying for useful apps.

already bought about 3-4 Cydia apps.
    bought 0 App Store apps

^ If that doesn't say something I don't know what does...

NOTE: now we need the ability to delete downloaded vids with the "YourTube" add on to YouTube.
    swipe from left to right like in email
    and delete
    or ssh and remove them

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

i like this app but i would like to be able to use it without actually having to launch the app everytime...it would be sweet if our actual springboard was like the app itself and when we click on a page it would take us to that page and home button would bring us back to the multi paged view where we can see all our pages. and of course would like to keep the dock while using the app like in the video

Thanks

i heard one user claim (not here) that it doesnt work with any of the 5 rows/columns/docks tweeks. can anybody else confirm this
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone taxbax's Avatar
    Thanks

it works with my 5 column dock.
    i'd like to see someone come out with an expose icon for this, the Orbit icon is ugly.

2.0 sounds amazing, I can't wait for that. I wonder how hes doing with stacks?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Definitely works with my 5 dock tweak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eremeya View Post
    Because it would be nice for the Dev to get a little something for his work...
    Yeah I agree developers should get paid something.

Thanks

For people with 5+ screens this is the app to buy. Works nicely and truly speeds up switching between screens. Please stop whining about the pricing. Yes Apple should've thought of this from day 1 but plz reward people for their work. In my opinion it also sends an indirect message to Cupertino. Correct me if I'm erong, but wasn't OS 3.0 inspired by evil "crackers" which wanted copy & paste in their MMS from the start?

I also found it useful to place the orbit icon in the middle using the 5 icon dock for easier access. Throughout the springboard.
    Last edited by Shashlike; 10-19-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Personally I'm waiting on this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZHrOgIbpvs]YouTube - Coverflow iPhone Multitasking[/ame]

not holding my breathe tho

Thanks

Default Nice
    I would get it if you could use fiveirows and five column springboard. And does themed icons and wallpaper work with this?

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    Personally I'm waiting on this...

YouTube - Coverflow iPhone Multitasking

not holding my breathe tho

This "IS" better. I'm waiting for it as well. They should make it so that you can make the cover flow at the bottom of the screen disappear with the home button if it doesn't already have that feature.
    Last edited by lll2for3lll; 10-19-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm seeing this developers tweets on twitter and he doesn't seem that focused on the apps he has out right now. I'd hold of a month or so on buying anything from him and see if things change or stay the same.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taxbax View Post
    i'd like to see someone come out with an expose icon for this, the Orbit icon is ugly.
    You can have it anything you want. The first one is the one I'm using, but you can make it whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images