+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are Verizon's New Commercials iPhone "Attack Ads"?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by metaserph That would make it a $2.4 billion-per-year business, the largest mobile app market no one is talking about! Meanwhile, Malik said the rival Google Android Market
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    That would make it a $2.4 billion-per-year business, the largest mobile app market no one is talking about! Meanwhile, Malik said the rival Google Android Market store brings in about $5 million a month, or $60 million in a year. Respectable numbers for a niche market, but not for a massive market opportunity in smartphones.
    Keep in mind that Android is currently only available on T-Mobile, and Verizon and AT&T have larger user bases. I'm certain once the Droid hits Verizon there will be an explosion of applications available for Android. In fact, I'm willing to believe that once Android hits AT&T, too, that eventually the Android Market will be bigger than the App Store (as long as Apple stick with AT&T as an exclusive carrier).

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

First off, Girlll, I wasn't refering to you. Second, whoopdidoo. The thread started with is Verizon attacking the iPhone and degraded into " I'm at an iPhone forum but I really wish I had a Droid", which suits me fine. All I am stating is what analysts ARE saying, professionals who make a living at this, not bloggers paid to blah blah blah.
    To expand, the point IS Android 2.0 is not a final os yet, much less a finished product. ALL "they" have comes from BGR blog. So based on a few screenshots and comments, Droid brings a lot of promise YET undelivered. Fact.

"Android 2.0 operating system is highly anticipated and we grab a look at Android OS today courtesy of the guys over at the BGR who have apparently managed to get hold of numerous screenshots of the new Android OS names Éclair.

Android 2.0 OS hasn’t even been announced or released yet but they sure do have a lot of images and information like native Exchange support and native Facebook support, completely updated Maps app, and unified email inbox, brand new user interface, browser improvements and much more. They do say though that it is not a final version of Android 2.0 and thus things can change before Android 2.0 OS actually hits;"

Since i started in computer programming in the 70's, I'm pretty sure that, if I chose to and you agreed to, I could expose who's really informed about technology and who's playing cool. Anyways, meh. Sorry I posted.
    Last edited by metaserph; 10-20-2009 at 06:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh. Really, ugh. What do you think will change in one MONTH to the OS? Really, think about it. You don't have to be a computer programmer to have some common sense. They're not going to redesign the handset or software. They're looking for bugs and tweaking minor things now. It's in it's final stages. If you think you can't pass judgment on it now, or how finalized it is go right on ahead and do so. But when it comes out looking and operating exactly the same as it is in these pre release reviews save for maybe a few minor changes well you'll know you're wrong. This is not a half year away from release, most of what we're seeing is what it WILL be.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 10-20-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Girl, we're going round and round differing in minor points. I am not bashing Droid, Android or anything else. You say think about it. So let's think about it.
    The iPhone runs a modified version of a mature desktop os that was proven, even though it had to continually be updated due to, exactly, bugs. Which is why we have 4 iterations of iPhones and more to come. Android is a "new" object oriented OS still new and undeveloped which will most likely have bugs that will get addressed over time, it will not be a finished product OOB. Product design and development is a process, not all based on "common sense". It is called "common" for a reason. And what can change in a month? Plenty. This development cycle is not unique to the Droid, it is a phase ALL technology goes through.
    All I am saying is, watch Droid owners start their ******** for bug fixes and features they wanted and didn't get, just like us iPhone users have. I'll be the first to accept the Droid as the ultimate iPhone basher, WHEN AND IF IT COMES TO PASS. Until then :marimba:

Green Apple
    Thanks

"Hi, I'm a Mac. And I'm a PC."

Bawww.

Thanks

Regarding the "iPhone Killer":

"The Droid -- $299.99 before a $100 mail-in rebate for new and renewing customers who sign up for voice and data bundles of $69.98 or more, text messaging not included --also shares certain issues with other Android devices. You have to upload your existing calendars and contacts lists to Google's Web-based services, which then synchronize with the phone over the air. (Other companies are working on software to allow direct syncing of those records, as well as iTunes music libraries, but they're not all there yet.) And its multitasking abilities can outstrip its hardware, leading to hiccups in music playback as other things happen in the background.
    The Droid's flash-equipped camera, however, doesn't yield the quality that its 5-megapixel resolution might suggest. Photos appeared grainy, videos looked blurry and it exhibited the same shutter lag as most other cameraphones.
    Less impressive: Verizon's visual-voicemail software, which allows you to play or delete messages in any order but this costs an extra $2.99 a month.

The Droid's lack of multi-touch gesture input -- a standard feature on the iPhone, Palm's Pre and some other Android phones --and its inability to open a few standard e-mail attachments constitute other disappointments. "

Oh well.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678