+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are Verizon's New Commercials iPhone "Attack Ads"?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Thank god someone is stepping up to the plate apple. If that droid phone could sync w/ iTunes, had enough capacity, and truly open development, I don't think there is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank god someone is stepping up to the plate apple. If that droid phone could sync w/ iTunes, had enough capacity, and truly open development, I don't think there is much that would keep my w/ an iPhone. I would never have purchased an iphone if I couldnt jailbreak it. Whats the point in paying for something that i don't even have control over. Kudos verizon, I hope that driod phone kicks apples and att's ***.

Although I HATE verizon's lack of simcards. And given how tight strung they usually are with their firmware, I am wondering how "open" this droid phone will really be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Its not constructive critisism between two major competitors...come on...its not like Verizon is saying "Hey, you should add this stuff, that would be really cool"......give me a break, they are attacking ATT/Apple hoping to persuade people. Lol. Simple as that. All competitors do it.

PS- Im not a fanboy, Ive owned several Verizon PDA devices and had their service for years. I prefer ATT and I currently use the iphone and a blackberry.
    Oh baaaaw... Seriously, never watch "i'm a mac and i'm a pc"? It's the same thing, and don't even say it's not.

When Vista came out (regardless of it's performance), Apple was as the fore front poking fun at their short comings. Simple fact: iPhone users like the touch screen. Non iPhone users don't. Windows Mobile users have ALWAYS had the ability to run multiple app... Actually Windows Mobile users have ONLY had the ability to run multiple apps to the point of crashing the phone cause the "x" doesn't really exit... ever....

The point is, is that Apple is getting poked fun at and now everyone is crying.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris4851 View Post
    Apple fanboy at it's highest!!

Yes I own and iPhone but honestly you need to come to realization that there are other phones out there with better features than the iPhone has. I also own a Blackberry for this reason.
    You say Fanboy, I say prove me wrong. You say "Oh there are way better phones and phones with better features" but you don't provide examples or back it up. Liking something because it's truly better doesn't make someone a fan boy, liking something even when it sucks does. There are so many things I could do on my iPhone that your blackberry couldn't come close to do doing, in addition to your dingleberry being ugly and having buttons that are way too small for the hands of anything bigger than a squirrel.

Maybe you need to come to the realization that there STILL IS NOT A PHONE with more capabilities than the iPhone, and there won't be after the "Droid Does" come out.

You are worse than a fan boy, you're one of the guys that hates everything just to be different. A rebel without a cause. Wow, you're so non-mainstream now. Look at how cool you are. Now I'm going to go enjoy my amazing phone while you think about hating clothes because everyone wears them. What tools the rest of us are.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DirtyDan For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (10-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Sick how folks are already dumping on the iPhone over a phone that's mostly a rumor from BoyGenius blog and a very abstract ad for a product not even yet seen, much less proven, that's about a month, at best, away. And iPhone users are the fanboys? Just saying...

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Sick how folks are already dumping on the iPhone over a phone that's mostly a rumor from BoyGenius blog and a very abstract ad for a product not even yet seen, much less proven, that's about a month, at best, away. And iPhone users are the fanboys? Just saying...
    Just saying...

We know all about the device, you should read into things more or even try to visit one of the cellular blog sites.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Read all about what folks "think" the final device will be, and I've been visiting blog sites for longer than I care to debate here. A slider running Android 2 pretty fast, according to rumors for the most part. I'm an industrial designer who's actually worked developing interface for mobile devices in the symbian platform for a few years, not a teen with a craving for gadgets, just new to this site. Don't read more than what you think into anything dear. Just saying...

Thanks

Motorola Droid hands on! : Boy Genius Report

What do you think will be the change here? Gold D-Pad button not being finalized killing the buzz for you?

It's going to run Android with a Cortex A8 processor, 256MB of ram, have a camera with flash.. what more is there to know exactly again?

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Ok, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. My point: the "thing" has NOT been in mass use or mass production as of yet, the ONLY reports come from someone who "got a hold of" a prototype ( GeniusBoy: the Droid, even in its non-final form, is the most impressive phone we’ve used since the iPhone.). Whatever the specs may be, the final jury, those with any real sense or understanding of the product design and development cycle, will most likely hold final judgement for a while. If it suits you, in the meantime, enjoy your Droid. Moving over to the left of the stage now...
    Last edited by metaserph; 10-19-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks

You're talking about minimal design changes, the hardware is finalized. They wouldn't shoot for a November release if it wasn't practically ready for production.

Head on over to the left.

Lovely

Not

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
    I find it halarious that iPhone holders are saying things like
    "I don't care if android does these things, apple is still better"
    -Clearly a fanboy, but i mean, COME ON! use some common sense! just cuz
    its apple doesn't mean its better.

"I'm not interested in android, just give me an iPhone."
    -Ignorance at its best. I thought apple fans always attack others because they lower their expectations when they want a WM/Android/WebOS phone...
    the iPhone is supposed to be the supposedly "best phone ever".

and you guys are just gonna take whatever apple gives you, and praise it as the best? Apple wins, and you lose. Congrats for making Apple feel like they don't need to do anything more cuz of your stubbornness!
    Why do you care so much that other ppl like Apple? Everyone has a right to enjoy things in their life and they don't need someone telling them that they're stubborn or ignorant for doing it. Why not just let ppl enjoy the things that they want, or do you just not want others to be happy?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

APPLE DOES THIS TO MICROSOFT SO FANBOYS HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK!! btw im tmobile (mms/tethering/everything)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So people are pointing out a few things the iPhone doesn't do. Big deal. No matter what the competitors say they can't produce a model that comes close to the iPhone.

They should have better phones considering how long Apple has been in the mobile phone industry. Apple hit it out of the park during their first at bat.

Get in where you fit in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    So people are pointing out a few things the iPhone doesn't do. Big deal. No matter what the competitors say they can't produce a model that comes close to the iPhone.
    Heh, that just reminded me of something. Have you ever watched the keynote for the original iPhone? Steve says, "The iPhone is 5 years ahead of any other smartphone." Back then, what he was trying to say is that in 5 years, no one will be using MMS anymore; it will all be by email (we all know that fell through.) I guess it's the same thing for removable batteries and stuff: we just won't care in the future.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I still don't use MMS, but I know that a lot of people like it. I am an emailer

As far as a removable battery goes: it would be cool, but I prefer my phone not to have a back that can be taken off. I have a battery case that protects my phone and gives me more juice.

There will always be people that look a gift horse in the mouth. My phone doesn't have a solar panel...my phone's holographic imagizer is buggy...my phone makes phone calls, but the video conferencing lags heh.

It's a phone.

Thanks

Funny thing is that every single item Verizon says the "iDevice" cannot do, it actually does w jailbreaking. One of the latest articles on the Droid:

"The Final Verdict: While we obviously won't know how well the Motorola Droid stacks up against the reigning smartphone champion iPhone until it gets released, it has a lot of things going for it that previous devices have not. If it performs as well as early reviews suggest, it could certainly become a big hit for Verizon and could be the device to launch Android into the mainstream for mobile device users.

Of course, as Jacqui Cheng at Ars Technica notes, none of the Droid's dazzling tech specs and open-development platforms will matter much to customers who mostly care about a device's ease of use and its overall performance in sending and receiving calls and data. If the Droid doesn't get the basics down, then its flashy extra features won't mean much."

Original story - redirect page

Bottom line, all the others are pretenders to the iPhone until further notice!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    You say Fanboy, I say prove me wrong. You say "Oh there are way better phones and phones with better features" but you don't provide examples or back it up. Liking something because it's truly better doesn't make someone a fan boy, liking something even when it sucks does.
    To name a few...
    Background tasking?
    User customization?
    Email that actually works?
    PHYSICAL KEYBOARD?
    Tethering?
    Yes I know most of these can be handled by Jailbreaking the phone, which I also have done. But personally a phone should not be locked down like Apple does to the iPhone. That is the number one reason why the iPhone will NEVER be better than a Blackberry. Apples control over the iPhone is a downfall to the phone.

There are so many things I could do on my iPhone that your blackberry couldn't come close to do doing
    100% fanboy comment

in addition to your dingleberry being ugly and having buttons that are way too small for the hands of anything bigger than a squirrel.
    Grow up, How old are you? You own an iPhone, have you not typed on it? You say a Blackberry has small keys... Portrait mode the keys are smaller than most Blackberry's and Landscape allows you to see one line of text while typing.

Maybe you need to come to the realization that there STILL IS NOT A PHONE with more capabilities than the iPhone, and there won't be after the "Droid Does" come out.
    Like I said before I have an iPhone, I also have a Blackberry and have owned several Windows Mobile phones. Yes the iPhone is a great phone and so are Blackberry's, there are several things the iPhone can do that others cannot. They each excel in certain things. The iPhone is far from the perfect phone and so are Blackberry's. There will NEVER be a phone that will be perfect for everyone. There will ALWAYS be flaws in every phone.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chris4851 For This Useful Post:

GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (10-20-2009)

Thanks

2 things.

1. If you don't have or like the iPhone, only God knows why you're registered for this site. Just throwing that out there. This is in no way an attack, more of a rhetorical statement.
    2. Why don't we stay on topic? Even if you're an iPhone fanboy, your life won't change in the slightest just because you convinced someone to get an iPhone. Get a life, and move on. People are permitted to have opinions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Wait a minute, they're putting all this money into attack ads to advertise a Motorola phone?! I totally support what Verizon is doing, but what the hell, Motorola?! Those guys have gone down the shitter so hard in the last few years, and they never were able to make a decent phone OS. I used to work with a ton of people who were laid off from Motorola and every one of them agrees, their QA is absolutely terrible, and they couldn't code themselves out of a paper bag. Remember the clunky, poor quality, slow RAZR's that were all the craze? I went through five of those due to hardware defects. This will be another big flop like the Blackberry Storm all over again.

Obviously you have not a clue. It's a Motorola that Google hand their hand in developing with the same hardware as the iPhone 3G S. Get over it people.

Quote Originally Posted by chris4851 View Post
    To name a few...
    Background tasking?
    User customization?
    Email that actually works?
    PHYSICAL KEYBOARD?
    Tethering?
    Yes I know most of these can be handled by Jailbreaking the phone, which I also have done. But personally a phone should not be locked down like Apple does to the iPhone. That is the number one reason why the iPhone will NEVER be better than a Blackberry. Apples control over the iPhone is a downfall to the phone.
    Jailbreaking? Apple is trying to put a stop to that so that's a big if you get one you can Jailbreak.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 10-20-2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Reality check for Android OS:

"GigaOm's Om Malik stirred the pot when he used data from AdMob to conclude there are $200 million worth of applications sold in Apple's iPhone App Store every month.

That would make it a $2.4 billion-per-year business, the largest mobile app market no one is talking about! Meanwhile, Malik said the rival Google Android Market store brings in about $5 million a month, or $60 million in a year. Respectable numbers for a niche market, but not for a massive market opportunity in smartphones.

Google Android application developer Matt Hall from Larva Labs threw his own company's data into the mix yesterday, backing up Malik and AdMob and adding in a blog post: "As sad as that comparison may be, from our experience the total is probably much lower."

Anyways, is Verizon attacking the iPhone, at the same time they are trying to negotiate a deal to offer the iPhone? Sure. So. Who cares, it's guerrilla marketing and everyone does it. However they slice the pie, the iPhone market was mature from day one and it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon. Being informed requires more than reading geeky blogs.

Thanks

Didn't you say you we're done posting in this thread? If you read half of the threads made here every day the iPhone market is far from being 100% informed or mature.

So far Android has barely gotten off the ground, lower sales RIGHT NOW is totally 100% expected. Maybe it isn't for you because you're the uninformed one.

Lovely

Not