+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are Verizon's New Commercials iPhone "Attack Ads"?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by xxpwnxx iDont care what a P.O.S android wish it does What? LOL.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpwnxx View Post
    iDont care what a P.O.S android wish it does
    What?

LOL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I love it.

They can attack Apple all they want. Apple will see these as much more of a threat than us on little forums online and they WILL pay attention. They WILL address these issues much sooner if an ad is placed to the entire country stating the downfalls of the iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Way to stick it to apple, verizon. Now, maybe it'll force apple to open up just a little bit and allow these features!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It seems to me that this ad is Verizon gearing up for the release of the Motorola "Sholes" which, if you've been keeping up with the news, seems like it's going to blow the iPhone out of the water.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

If anyone srsly think's Verizon is missing AT&T's sloppy seconds you're sadly mistaken, they've had this deal with Google for a while now.

The appstore is 65,000 apps worth of garbage

Jailbreaking shouldn't even be mentioned since Apple is trying to cockblock us on that too.

Every time I see something about Droid I'm glad it's out there letting me know if I upgrade to one of Apple's Baseband "Upgrades" I have an option to not deal with this CRAP as other carriers will ALLOW unlocks in their devices. The only thing holding me back was the hardware but the Tao and new Samsung slider offerings are/is superior to even the 3G S in that respect.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 10-18-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

The appstore is 65,000 apps worth of garbage

So true. Even if there were 100 apps that were a must have that would leave 99.84% of them as crap.

Also maybe a new major competitor to the itunes store would not allow them to keep raising there song prices for there so called higher bit rate that is still sub par to cd sound.

Competition only makes for a better product. And cheaper for that matter.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I like this commercial just because most of the stuff is pointless add-ons that most phones don't have, and there are a ton of features that the iPhone has that many phones don't (and when they do, they quality of some of those features are crap i.e. Voice Control)

Also, I think the map commercial is funny because as a person that lives near the city, I really need my 3G connection in the middle of the Kansas, Wyoming and all of those other places with 2 people/square mile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any body saw the "theres a map for that" commercials, comparing verizons 3g to At&t's? yea verizons thrown shots at us

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
    wait, you guys think verizon is expensive? I really hope your not comparing it to having an iPhone with an AT&T plan...

Well in the area I live, I wouldn't use Verizon unless coverage and roaming was free. AT&T is simply the only choice for me if I want to have even halfway decent coverage. That and the Android is underpowered with its Arm11 processor. I prefer my Cortex A8 processor.

On topic: I think the ads are completely distasteful. Verizon definitely shouldn't have went that low. IF they had made it less obvious, it might not have bothered me so much.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

Sounds like a PC vs. Mac ad...

Jailbreaking doesn't get us everything we need. Maybe if Apple becomes more open in the iPhone and change their terms and policy, they wouldn't be such a bad image.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post

Well in the area I live, I wouldn't use Verizon unless coverage and roaming was free. AT&T is simply the only choice for me if I want to have even halfway decent coverage. That and the Android is underpowered with its Arm11 processor. I prefer my Cortex A8 processor.

On topic: I think the ads are completely distasteful. Verizon definitely shouldn't have went that low. IF they had made it less obvious, it might not have bothered me so much.
    Please get your facts straight. The Sholes/Tao is not using the old ARM processor of the CLIQ/HTC Magic line.

I bet you don't think Apple's ads are so distasteful. Stop deep throating Apple so much. They really don't care about you.. just what you buy from them. They want their stuff to all look and be the same and have no one touch it besides themselves.

They didn't go low, going low would mean stating a bunch of stuff that isn't true or is unsubstantiated.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Verizon is definitely on attack mode lately. Haven't you all heard the new commercials "There's a MAP for that"? Sound familiar? :
    I'd take a better phone over spotty service and no SIMs ANY day.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Please get your facts straight. The Sholes/Tao is not using the old ARM processor of the CLIQ/HTC Magic line.

I bet you don't think Apple's ads are so distasteful. Stop deep throating Apple so much. They really don't care about you.. just what you buy from them. They want their stuff to all look and be the same and have no one touch it besides themselves.

They didn't go low, going low would mean stating a bunch of stuff that isn't true or is unsubstantiated.
    Why are you getting so defensive? If you hate Apple so much then why do you have an iPhone? There's no need to slam someone down for posting their opinion just because you disagree with them.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 10-18-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks

Because his opinion is full of lies and misinformation. The mere fact that I have to JAILBREAK an iPhone to get it the way I like it doesn't make me happy at all and the fact that they're trying to prevent 10% of all iPhone users from doing so pisses me off even more.

That and his smart comment about him taking his Cortex processor, OF which Verizon's flagship MOTO device is sporting. DUH..
    Anyone that loves Apple and thinks these ads are distasteful is nothing short of a fanboy. Then wanting Verizon to Sugarcoat the shortcomings of the iPhone.. yeah ok. Keep drinking that Apple koolaid. It'll turn sour when they release a new iPhone that's 2x fast as the one you have now and botch a firmware upgrade for that last years iPhone you're sporting.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 10-18-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It will most likely be a VZW version of the motorola Cliq. Here's a YouTube video of it - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3G7e7TeFA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - MOTOROLA CLIQ[/ame]

Thanks

Funny how Apple barely had any support until the iPhone. Now, people are forgetting that every single Apple advertisement is an attack towards Microsoft. When Microsoft makes its one or two advertisements on TV against Apple, or when Verizon makes and advertisement that attacks the iPhone, suddenly people start to freak out. But in reality, if you have to make an advertisement that attacks your competitor, it normally means that you're getting owned by them so bad the only way to get yourselves up there is by attacking them. It's why Apple tends to attack Microsoft, why Kia attacks Toyota in commericals, and Verizon realizes it needs to take down the iPhone if it wants to get up there.

As for the Droid, if Verizon can help people port apps from AppStore to their phones, then iPhone is pretty screwed. That's all I have to say.
    Last edited by yahoowizard; 10-18-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

AT&T responds to Verizon's ads with comparisons of their own.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You've missed a very big problem. You bought the phone and they continually treat it's customers like they are criminals (cracked apps). They talk of people that jailbreak phones like they only jailbreak to steal apps, not to make THEIR phone even better! I paid full price for my 3GS, I love it that much. And I want to be able to do what I want to it when I effing feel like it! It's not theirs anymore, it's mine and they fail to recognize this. But they continually treat me as not a customer but as a thief because I jailbreak my phone, and that's wrong. They want me to pay a whole dollar for ringtone of a song that I already own and if they can't stop me they make it harder for me to do so. If I want to put my girlfriend and kid as my background I can't. Why? Apple won't let me. Jailbreaking has proven to do things that the iPhone is easily capable of, but Apple refuses to let me do. Examples:

SBSettings: quickly turn on/off things that you'd normally have to delve 4 menus deep to do.

MMS on EDGE iPhone: capable but not allowed because they want you to buy hardware that is more expensive.

Individual call delete: Why not Apple? They seem to think we don't need it, give us the option instead. They don't lose money because of this.

Background wallpapers" Seriously? How is this feature not enabled on a stock phone? EVERY other phone I've ever owned could do this in the last 5 years. Stupid not to.

Download files to my phone: iFile and Safari downloader are AWESOME. If I need to download a small file that I want to keep on my phone I can. And it'll unzip files as well. Yes Mail can natively view them, but I want to save it to my phone.

Yourtube: Why can't I save YouTube videos to show others at a later time? Why do I have to load them again when I want to watch it? I live in an EDGE only area and I get really ****** reception and speeds. That's not an option for me. Surely AT&T would rather have me download it that saturate their already pisspoor network with yet another data draw.

Quick SMS reply: Why do I have to quit the app I'm in to reply with a simple yes or no? The phone can easily do it, but Apple won't allow it. Another example of stupidity getting in the way of common sense. Control freaks.

SpotSMS: Why can't I search SMSs? Apple hasn't seen fit for me to have this ability.

Call details: Can't remember when this was added but it sure wasn't day 1. My RAZR showed this in 2005. I thought OS X was the worlds best OS and if the iPhone was based on it there is no excuse.

Alarm: Why can't I set my alarm to ring with a song I have on my phone? THAT is absolutely retarded.

Finally they won't let you change the extremely lame stock mail sounds, text alert. No excuses.

Apple is an overbearing *******. Plain and simple. They have turned into an absolutely complete opposite of what they used to be. Run against the crowd, be different. Now it's be the same or we will treat you as a criminal. I have a different dock and indicators on my MacBook and the 'Genius' (idiot more like it) was very serious when he said that Apple would not service any software problems I had if I brought it in with software that modified the dock. WTF is that? I understand that's one employee out of thousands, but he had to have been told that or given that impression somewhere down the line. And another employee saw my jailbroken iPhone and advised me that would void my warranty immediately and the same Genius said he didn't hear that I had a jailbroken phone because it was store policy to refuse service to anyone with a phone that was jailbroken. So if my battery failed or my screen cracked I would be screwed. For no reason other than the totalitarian views that they have at Apple these days. Don't get me wrong I love both my iPhone and my MacBook Pro, but I don't like being treated as a child and a criminal.

I bought the 3GS because it's the best damn phone on the market. It's an awesome blend of tech and looks that no one comes close to. But I jailbreak my phone because it makes it even better, and I refuse to give in to Apple and their anti-free and criminalizing attitudes towards people who jailbreak. It's my way of giving them the California howdy. Too bad I can't do it directly to Steves face.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbrammer View Post

Also, I think the map commercial is funny because as a person that lives near the city, I really need my 3G connection in the middle of the Kansas, Wyoming and all of those other places with 2 people/square mile.
    Yeah, big woop. Who needs 3g service in Wyoming, Kansas, Macon Georgia, on many parts of major highways out in Texas and Arizona. Why with AT&T you can get NO service there. I mean really, what a waste huh??
    Last edited by KartRacer; 10-18-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (10-18-2009), ipoong (10-18-2009), mortopher (10-18-2009), never2hollywood (10-18-2009), uncle_don (10-19-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like has been said...What is the difference between these ads and the Mac/PC ads? Why is it that when anybody questions Apple, they get ripped?

Thanks

KartRacer you forgot the inability to disable Spotlight, shake to undo, iPod coverflow (major ram leakage and hog) and a few other useless annoying things we have no control over. I love the OS and hardware but modifiying it to my liking without Apple trying to look down on me and shut me down in the process would be even BETTER.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 10-18-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Lovely

Not

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

ipoong (10-18-2009)

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast