+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In-App Purchases in Free Apps are a go

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by A.T I don't steal, I'm just saying, yeh I use cracked apps but I also buy the app if I like it and I do buy music,
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I don't steal, I'm just saying, yeh I use cracked apps but I also buy the app if I like it and I do buy music, I buy CD's if I like the artist.
    Exactly my point,

for example if i had a stick from a tree in my back yard, and i started using it to play baseball with my friends, and then i sold it for 5 dollars. Heres what the difference is

1) someone taking that stick without paying : Theft,stealing ,etc ( because now i cant sell my stick)

2) Someone buying that stick, it cracked but i didnt tell you, you ask for a refund and i dont give it back: also theft, stealing,etc ( since you PAID for a working stick[app])

3) Someone going home and getting a stick from their yard, and playing baseball with it: Piracy.

You see ? i can still sell my stick , and if my stick was any better you would buy it instead of using yourown.

now i know the example is stupid, and its a little off, but its the point, yes if u take something thats not yours without paying thats not right. but does it hurt anyone ? really i mean really hurt anyone if they dont loose anything. that you just somehow magically aquired it, no it doesnt.

so now , once i do this if i were to go back and decide i like it enough to pay how would you know ???

you wouldnt

and that asswhipe is why its completely different.

PLUS your all hipocrites since you all download music illegally , you all modify firmwares and post them, and you all download cydia apps that modify the iphone to do things it shouldn't ( aka Tethering)

http://www.megaleecher.net/uploads/piracy-is-theft.jpg
    Last edited by hacker555; 10-16-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks

underworld. get it.(NOW) from my knowledge was the first app with the in-app purchase,. if im wrong im sure ill hear it but try it out ive been playing since the beta last year!!! fun fun fun for everyone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @hacker555: That post was so badly written I couldn't understand at all what you're trying to say… How is using your own "stick" piracy?

yes if u take something thats not yours without paying thats not right. but does it hurt anyone ? really i mean really hurt anyone if they dont loose anything. that you just somehow magically aquired it, no it doesnt.
    Yes, it is hurting someone, the developer, who is most likely making a living out of software development. Just because they don't lose anything doesn't make it ok. You could apply those same things to a store, and shoplifting.

Piracy *is* theft. Ok, so stealing money is theft. Does that mean making copies is ok? Software is not a material thing, it's compiled source code, written by a developer, and it costs money to use it. Making a copy doesn't justify it.
    Last edited by mk12; 10-16-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks

[QUOTE=hacker555;4999440]Exactly my point,

for example if i had a stick from a tree in my back yard, and i started using it to play baseball with my friends, and then i sold it for 5 dollars. Heres what the difference is

1) someone taking that stick without paying : Theft,stealing ,etc ( because now i cant sell my stick)

2) Someone buying that stick, it cracked but i didnt tell you, you ask for a refund and i dont give it back: also theft, stealing,etc ( since you PAID for a working stick[app])

3) Someone going home and getting a stick from their yard, and playing baseball with it: Piracy.

You see ? i can still sell my stick , and if my stick was any better you would buy it instead of using yourown.

now i know the example is stupid, and its a little off, but its the point, yes if u take something thats not yours without paying thats not right. but does it hurt anyone ? really i mean really hurt anyone if they dont loose anything. that you just somehow magically aquired it, no it doesnt.

so now , once i do this if i were to go back and decide i like it enough to pay how would you know ???

you wouldnt

and that asswhipe is why its completely different.

PLUS your all hipocrites since you all download music illegally , you all modify firmwares and post them, and you all download cydia apps that modify the iphone to do things it shouldn't ( aka Tethering)

put a sock in it, piracy may be theft but it almost normal some way or another whether its music movies or apps everybody does it, should you go to jail? not if its for personal use(i dont think so), prisons today are extremely overcrowded to put someone for something so trivial in there for this is crazy, you must work for metallica!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    "Everybody does it" is wrong.

And how does personal use make it ok? Because no one knows? Its still illegal, and they can give you a fine instead of going to prison.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se7endreams View Post
    i'm just curious, all the people here who are anti-cracked apps i have one question for you: do you download music for free? if you do, you're a hypocrite.
    The only thing I downloaded "illegally" so far this year was the release candidate of windows 7 when MS's servers crapped out after I had received my serial key for it but before I got to the download link.

Again, this sense of entitlement that everything on the internet must be free is probably the worst part of the internet. Before I would have been right along you with downloading music is ok because back when I used Napster I still lived down in Puerto Rico and most music stores sucked and finding the artists I liked was just about impossible.

But now? Now just about everyone makes it easy for you to obtain anything legally for a hell of a good price. iTunes' store covers a main chunk of the mainstream stuff, all DRM-free. They also have TV-shows/movies. But you don't even have to pay for those! Hulu, Fancast, and each network's websites have most of their shows for free streaming. Hell I caught up on Lost (4 seasons worth) in HD through abc.com. Legally and I didn't pay a cent.

Games? Steam is a pretty big juggernaut. EA and Blizzard have their own things going on as well.

Most of this stuff cost about as much as a night out in the movies. I'm assuming most of the people talking about cracking apps are a bit on the younger side but seriously once you have a job and make decent money, a little budgeting and putting some aside for "entertainment" will just about cover everything you could possibly want.

Also, someone did mentioned that they used cracked apps to try them before buying and I'll give you that. If there's ONE thing the App Store sucks at is no trial. But I think this in-app purchases will help tremendously with that. In the future, you might be able to download (for free) full apps, try them and if you like unlock them. Hell, some apps might be able to implement trial periods and other fancy stuff.

But seriously, the novelty of "wow you can get this for free" wears off when you realize that people work and make a living off the products you're stealing. And in the App Store, most stuff is less than a bloody happy meal.

Stop being cheap. There's a reason Apple is so hard-bent on making jailbreaking illegal and it's because people like you (yes, you) make it seem like jailbreaking = cracking apps.

Too long, didn't read? = Get a job

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

mk12 (10-16-2009)

What's Jailbreak? JerichoEvanMartin's Avatar
    Thanks

********** is now going to die.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocacolafire's Avatar
    Thanks

good news about this- No more freaking spamming in the app store-

OMFG! 40 FREE POINTS! OMFG! BUY THIS NAO!W!!!!!!

Bad news- The near end for piracy..(until we find another way..)
    i just used my friends iphone with his cracked apps.. he says he blew almost $100 in apps that he does not use anymore...(This is why "copying ipa's" is a good fasion for a demo)

bad news is that they wont stop you from keeping the ipa's as a trial. you could buy a $500 app and not pay a cent. (Bad for apple, bad for develpoers)

So, i think its a war, the public (most people who have JB ipod's and iphones.. and developers.. (they need the darn money, so if you really decide to do it the illegal way, just TEST it. dony just keep it there.)

I think the cracked app's should have a trial period. that way IPA's can be deleted and will give the user a "trial run" of the enitre full version.

But heres the thing- Why the hell doesnt apple just do this.

Right next to "Buy Now" in the app store there should be another button that says "Trail Pass"

This pass will allow you to have the app for (how many days the developer wants) and after those days, remove it. Its simple and this will avoiod developers losing money everyday to people who "Steal" (Steal as in they dont return the app from where it came from and buy the legit one)...

I know this was a long post, but I mean come on..why is Apple being such a baby about "holding our power" when it comes to a device where we CANT customize the background, the format, the sounds, the pictures (etc.) unless we "Jailbreak"

to sum this up
    Piracy=Illegal and you can go to jail
    Trial Pass= Easily done, LEGAL, and allow used to a "test demo" of the FULL app.
    Last edited by Cocacolafire; 10-16-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hacker555 View Post

http://www.megaleecher.net/uploads/piracy-is-theft.jpg
    Our all hipocrites? I don't understand.
    Anyone who posts links to firmware files on this site is punished and the link removed, so no-one really knows what you're talking about.
    And on the first page of this thread it was already made clear that jailbreaking is not illegal.

All of your points were made on assumptions which were already shot down before you posted. Maybe you didn't see the previous posts, maybe you chose to ignore them. Either way- How does someone do that?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You make absolutely no sense! Jailbreaking = legal. Stealing = illegal.

The vast majority of people jailbreak their device to customize it, theme it out and use awesome apps that would otherwise be rejected by the Apple.
    I think you are kidding yourself. It's the other way around. Alot of "noobs" heard about jailbreaking because they wanted free apps. Most people that jailbreak don't even know what cydia does. I believe only the "geeks" jailbreak to customize which is a small fraction of the people who jailbreak.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M4tt Dam0n For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (10-17-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh it's true, when my friends found out they could run free apps on their Touch or iPhone, they all asked how to jailbreak it, couldn't care less about the Cydia stuff. I don't care if it's illegal or stealing tbh. I'm going to hell anyway lol.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    I think you are kidding yourself. It's the other way around. Alot of "noobs" heard about jailbreaking because they wanted free apps. Most people that jailbreak don't even know what cydia does. I believe only the "geeks" jailbreak to customize which is a small fraction of the people who jailbreak.
    And this is why jailbreaking should be made even harder, lol
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone mentioned about refunding apps purchased through iTunes within 90 days? can anyone confirm this return period? Also, how do you go about getting your refund for the app?...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    Then end is near for cracked apps
    The chances that will end cracked apps is very slim.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Someone mentioned about refunding apps purchased through iTunes within 90 days? can anyone confirm this return period? Also, how do you go about getting your refund for the app?...
    How to get it refunded is explained , but I'm pretty sure just contacting apple and asking for it in any way will work. Obviously they don't have a big REFUND button, then everyone would do it.

Here's some more links talking about the refund policy:

edited, links removed

Its general computer-savvy people who jailbreak because they know what they're doing, and want the full potential of their product. People who don't know what they're doing run into problems. Thieves jailbreak to get cracked applications.

I agree that this is very unlikely to be the end of app store piracy. But I don't think that only a fraction of jailbroken users don't pirate applications. Like someone else mentioned, Its you pirates that make people (apple) think that jailbreaking = cracking/stealing/pirating app store applications.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-18-2009 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Theres a way better soultion than cracked apps.... If you plan on getting a whole bunch of apps music and movies from itunes you can get unlimited content at a small flat rate of $20 for one day of unlimited content! There are also weekly and monthly rates!

This is no scam i swear to god i paid $20 and got over $500 of stuff from the app store and itunes..,, LEGALLY

Its called an itunes secure order and what happens is you pay for the $20 in any number of payment methods and as soon as they receive the money you are sent an itunes account name and password that you can use for a day (or week or month) and you can buy whatever you want on that account.

I reccomend this to anyone because its not "too good to be true" ITS REAL!! And its perfectly legal because the company actually pays for the stuff bought on the account.
    Well first, we know thats a scam. Theres no possible way for that to ever happen. ModMyI is a place for people to express their idea's and spread news and updates about devices, and give help to those who need it.

This however, is a bunch of bull. Your will just waste your money and possible get scammed out of everything you have to your paypal account.

I hope this message will help those who think "Wow! Really! I can get over $1,000,000 in apps and music for only $20!"
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-18-2009 at 01:43 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeahhh.... obviously a scam, why isn't that the official apple website? Only apple can let you purchase things from their store. SnowLeo should get an infraction.
    Last edited by mk12; 10-18-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks

i reported the post
    ModMyI is suppose to be a fun place for everyone to enjoy.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Not another "I steal apps and Im gonna justify it" argument. Drop it guys. Stay on topic.

And SnowLeo, thats illegal and bull. Im sure the original company is going to pay for hundreds of $$'s worth of apps/Music so YOU can download them for $20. LMAO.

PS- So theres no "confusion", if it doesnt come directly from the AppStore its ILLEGAL....obviously since Apple doesnt allow apps to be sold anywhere else.
    Last edited by cpjr; 10-17-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks

Im sorry... It prob is illegal i never actually did it myself thou. I actually found out about in ironicly in an actual app reveiw... But not everyones surprise... I checked the apps reveiw the next day... And the REVEIW WAS REMOVED. Obviously if it is highly illegal it would make sense to remove it... But i never knew apple could remove reveiws... So yeah... Now everyone knows... If the content is bad enough a reveiw could actually be removed