+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering on 3.1 - MyWi 3.1.8

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
huh? solution to what? I think that's pretty much been stated already in this thread So does your voicemail work? I did the 3G tether hack and it worked but
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    huh? solution to what? I think that's pretty much been stated already in this thread

So does your voicemail work? I did the 3G tether hack and it worked but killed my voice mail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, I was just thrilled to have it working again, my bad. By the way, I didn't loose my voicemail, tested it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It's cool and you're a lucky *bleep* *bleep* I got it to work with tethering and my MMS worked but it killed my vmail I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get it to work with my voicemail, after getting stuck at the apple logo and having to full restore, I decided that was enough, the $10 for MyWi was worth it & not worry about it anymore and besides I could wifi tether if I needed although I don't see any need to at this point

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perhaps I didn't loose VM because I used the iPhone Configuration Utility to install it. I was ready to try MyWI when I saw this on another forums.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to genuino For This Useful Post:

Daps (10-21-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hmmm could be. I just installed my profile using benm site with safari on my iphone..didn't try the iphone config utility

hmmmmmm dare I try again...hmmmmm

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Once again, if you just want to tether using your usb/bluetooth connection then the hack works just fine. If you'd like the option of creating a wifi hotspot that can be shared, over wifi, with others then MyWi does the trick. Apples to apples...

Keep an eye on what happens to the "tethering hack" after the trial period for MyWi expores.
    Last edited by metaserph; 10-22-2009 at 06:22 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well, I've offically had my last bad experience with any Rock related apps.

After installing MyWi from the Rock repo, my Exchange connection no longer works. I've verified my OWA credentials are correct and that there have been no changes made to either our OWA or Exchange servers.

Looks like I get to restore my phone, the most frustrating part is that I don't have a 3.0 ECID since this was a replacement phone when my screen died and I have to go up to 3.1 or 3.1.2 now.

Sign me up as someone completely unimpressed with anything Rock related. I'll burn in hell before I suggest to anyone that they should use another Rock only app.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My exchange connection seems to still be working

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    My exchange connection seems to still be working
    That's quite strange. The only thing that changed on my phone last night was installing Rock App and MyWi.

I've confirmed that my OWA server is online and my officemate, who hasn't made any changes to his phone, is still able to properly connect, as well as I can use my credentials on his phone to properly connect to Exchange.

Something hosed the Exchange capabilities on my iphone and the only suspect apps that were installed recently have been Rock App and MyWi.

I'm fairly confident that anyone trying to troubleshoot an issue such as this would start at the recent change level.

WTB: Rollback functionality/saved state w/ the iphone.... I can do it w/ my Android and WinMo phones w/o too much hassle.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I sent myself an email to myself from my desktop and my phone binged me after I read your post, but I thought it had been working with MyWi installed.

Do you get any type of error? Try deleting the exchange acct and put it back. Have you tried a network reset on your iphone? Probably won't help but who knows with these things.

I tried the tether hack yesterday and it didn't work for me and had wound up getting stuck at the apple logo. I just did a factory restore through itunes and then restored a backup from that morning. If you're unlocked that may not be an option.

Email just came in on my phone as I was typing this..

Don't know what to tell you, maybe turn it all the way and back on, reset network, delete exchange acct on the phone and put back...I'd be interested in hearing what you wind up doing and g/l

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bought MyWi. It works.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Don't know what to tell you, maybe turn it all the way and back on, reset network, delete exchange acct on the phone and put back...I'd be interested in hearing what you wind up doing and g/l
    I can officially say that today has been an absolutely frustrating day on my part.

I've verified that my Exchange account works on two other 3GS iphones, my G1, as well as through my company's OWA page.

Removed the Exchange account, rebooted phone, attempted to set up again. Still get the error. Attempted to set up officemate's account, still no love.

Completely removed everything related to Rock and MyWi and reset my network settings. Rebooted phone, no dice.

Reloaded the 5.0 carrier bundle and synced to itunes to get the most recent bundle, still nothing.

Attempted to set my phone up as a new device, still nothing.

Had to restore my phone, losing 3.0.1 and having to futz around for several hours to make sure that my baseband wasn't upgraded during the process, which was a huge pain in the *** since I only own PCs because of my business.

That being said, I've made it a point to make sure I will never install another Rock app on my phone, and will steer anyone who asks as far away from them as possible. It's the second time that having anything to do with the Rock apps has forced me to restore, and I've wasted 4-5 hours today just getting my phone back to it's former self, aside having to upgrade the FW.

I can't support any company that has the terrible track record of not even responding when you try to get customer support from their site and forums.

Personally I'm appalled that a company could validly attempt to charge $10 for a tethering application. I can load up a home cooked ROM on any HTC device and have it as a free option, and honestly it's getting me closer and closer to buying an unlocked HTC Hero, and just use my iphone to play UniWars on my free tethering application that I built into a ROM that I can install any time that I'd like to in the near future.

Call me a grumpy bear, but I'm getting VERY tired of both Apple and the greedy app developers that won't back up their products.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your problems but I'm not having any issues with MyWi. MMS,VM and my exchange mail works.

It you had 3.0.1 why would you use MyWi when if memory serves you could already use the native tether ability...

I hate to see what you think about PDANet who charges $30 and you have to load a client on your machine.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about your problems but I'm not having any issues with MyWi. MMS,VM and my exchange mail works.

It you had 3.0.1 why would you use MyWi when if memory serves you could already use the native tether ability...

I hate to see what you think about PDANet who charges $30 and you have to load a client on your machine.
    I prefer using something along the lines of MyWi since it allows me a bit more freedom with my netbook, as well as allowing my wife to have our itouch connected to the network and have internet access as well.

I think yesterday was the final tipping point for me, I'm on the prowl for an HTC Hero.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok got ya....you needed the sharing capabilities...
    Does PDANet offer that? It's way more though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekull25 View Post
    I was about to uninstall the trial of MyWi, when I noticed that the iPhone's native tethering option was back in my settings/general/network screen! Hmmm. I flipped the switch to ON, and my laptop instantly saw the connection!!

So I couldn't get the MyWi app to work, but got native tethering to work. So, who needs MyWi, right? I uninstalled it, but now my native tethering option was GONE! WTF!?!?
    Same here except I uninstalled mywi and the native tab was there still.....Yay

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've been looking up how to do this forever, lol!
    This is a relief.

+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789