Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering on 3.1 - MyWi 3.1.8

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mloysch View Post
    Pda net is 9.99 cheaper. Also from what I have seen from using Pdanet and Mywi in the same places with the same computer PDA NET IS ABOUT 3 TIMES FASTER.... Save your money and use pdanet its faster and FREE!!
    You are smoking something on 2 points.

Point 1: 3 TIMES Faster? I think not. If anything they are equal.

Point 2: PDANET Free? Not.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Only "free" PDANet is a "crack", something not encouraged or promoted in this forum. And I can confirm that, for me, MyWi is a bit faster on most browsing, especially faster on certain others. Just saying..

Quote Originally Posted by amigo421 View Post
    Hello

MyWI doesn't work on my device - I see in instructions to enable tethering in General-Network-Tethering. But I haven't this point there.
    this is a cause of unebale establishing wifi network ?
    how can I fix this?

Rgds
    I suggest reading my post, here.

Do you guys turn OFF 3G anytime? IT helllllaa saves battery.

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    You are smoking something on 2 points.

Point 1: 3 TIMES Faster? I think not. If anything they are equal.

Point 2: PDANET Free? Not.
    i think on PDANet it says the trial is full functioning and after 14 days it'll be limited to only http traffic so I'm not sure if that would include https, maybe that's where the free came in, for me I would need access to everything because I would more than likely need it for work testing things that I couldn't do on our local network so that would be $29.99 for me to get PDANEt.

I went back and looked and found a few test I did with native tethering and with MyWi and the speeds were pretty much the same,1.5 - 1.8. I didn't do one when I had PDANET installed but I find it hard to believe it's 3 times faster, my test were only using USB though

Hi,

I've tried different ways, including with on/off wifi,
    but in any case, after attempt to switch on Wifi tethering, I'm waiting a minute and get message about trouble to start this with recommendation at first time "to respring" and next times - to reboot. but it doesn't resolve the problem.
    tethering for usb and bluetooth is switched on.
    have anyone faced with this problem?
    P.S. I think I used latest MyWi, I've installed this yesterday from Rocks

Rgds

Remove MyWi from the phone. Reboot phone. Re-install MyWi. Launch MyWi and turn wifi tethering on. The "top blue bar" should light up telling you tethering is on. Select MyWi from your wifi connections on the iPhone. Now select MyWi as access point from your laptop (or computer) You should now be connected to the internet. It works just like this for me. Hope this helps.

MyWI Version 3.2.4 works great!

Thanks for fixing everything so quickly!!

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skburke View Post
    Still will not work on JB 3.1.2 3GS. Tired of this app over promising and under delivering. Tried everything including uninstalling PDANET.
    +1
    agree
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

thanks for advice,
    but MyWi still doesn't work properly after re-installing.

it writes as earlier - "Starting wifi tethering..."
    "Retrying ...."
    "Cleaning ...."
    and Reboot or Later buttons.

any ideas?

Amigo, did you try then to enable tethering through the Settings/General/Network/Internet tethering first? Then try MyWi settings, see if that does it. Not sure why would yours work differently. Also make sure wifi is On on your Settings. Just covering the bases.

yes, I enabled tethering in settings and wifi too.
    it's oddly because , earlier I used WMWiFiRouter on WM6, it doesn't require any steps in settings - just specify desired AP name and press the button - all network interfaces will be started by application.

in the case MyWi , I should perform many manual work, right?
    step by step:
    1. Enable tehtering in network settings of iPhone
    2. Enable Wifi in iPhone settings.
    !!!Should I connect to any network? I mean - should be there already created network on my laptop? Or MyWi allocate true access point?
    when I turn on the wifi setting, there are not available network, it's ok for this application?
    3. Start the app. Can I specify ANY desired netowrk name there?
    is it all?

The name of the network will be MyWi. You have to select this network as your laptop access point. You have to select MyWi on the iPhone wifi networks, so it broadcasts this network. Once configured, it's supposed to work as it does on your WM6. Works like this on my end.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

3GS users can get native tethering by downloading the tethering settings app from the iphoneguide repository in Cydia then getting the proper settings from help.benm.at. and it's free.

Edit: There's a patch for 3G users as well.
    Last edited by twitchthecat; 10-20-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchthecat View Post
    3GS users can get native tethering by downloading the tethering settings app from the iphoneguide repository in Cydia then getting the proper settings from help.benm.at. and it's free.

Edit: There's a patch for 3G users as well.
    That doesn't work for 3.1.2 though.

This patch actually works, allowing USB or Bluetooth tethering. Unlike MyWi, it does not broadcast a wifi access point or allows tethering through wifi. I'm using it to tether and post right now, works fine. I'm still glad I purchased MyWi.

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    This patch actually works, allowing USB or Bluetooth tethering. Unlike MyWi, it does not broadcast a wifi access point or allows tethering through wifi. I'm using it to tether and post right now, works fine. I'm still glad I purchased MyWi.
    Did you download the patch of Cyndia? I added a source to it but didn't download and try it yet.

Did you have to uninstall MyWi for it to work?

It works even with MyWi installed, though to test it fully, I uninstalled MyWi, just got it back on. It works as I said, for me.

I may give it a shot...
    Did it mess up your voicemail or anything?

Just to be sure your using the tethering patch 3g off the iFoneguide source correct?

I installed the one from iguide and restarted my phone and didn't get the tether option... wonder if I should uninstall and try again or the one from sinful
    Last edited by Daps; 10-20-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The patch does give you access to your Cellular Data Network settings (APN)

this patch and MyWi work fine together.

WiFi tether should be the fastest.... BT 3.0Mbps USB 500kbps

WiFi up to 54Mbps

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast