+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering on 3.1 - MyWi 3.1.8

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I don't feel $10 is all that out of the ball park really Compared to PdaNet $30 But it does look to be the native tethering and think someone else
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't feel $10 is all that out of the ball park really
    Compared to PdaNet $30

But it does look to be the native tethering and think someone else will release something

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

I don't understand the argument against paying $10 for a well developed app, with frequent updates, for a service that Apple / ATT took away from the iPhone for the foreseeable future, and which will most likely come back as an add on service for a nominal (based on similar existing services) $30/month.

Huh?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    I don't understand the argument against paying $10 for a well developed app, with frequent updates, for a service that Apple / ATT took away from the iPhone for the foreseeable future, and which will most likely come back as an add on service for a nominal (based on similar existing services) $30/month.

Huh?
    Yeah pretty much what I said, for $10 if it works for you then how can you really go wrong. I'm going to test it more over the trial period and probably go ahead and buy it. In my post I said it's worth the $10 for me being stupid and upgrading.

Since it looks to be native, i'm not going to be surprised if someone reverse engineers and releases something free but paying a developer $10 for his time to figure it out for 3.1.2 and be 1st to get what looks to be native tethering working is not that big amount out of pocket.

I could see someone being hesitate if it was the cost of PDAnet which works great but the price of it will make you try everything else out there 1st and hope for a freebie

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

okay, I STUPIDLY downloaded the MyWi and used it today on my 3G JB 3.1.2 (Pwnagetool 3.1.4). It worked fine, then I discovered my MMS way not work at all! I have uninstalled it. Hopefully I can get my MMS back. F@CK!!

UPDATE 12:08am - I took "linedpaper" advice. I uninstalled MyWi & RockApp, then "reset my Network settings". This fixed my MMS problem, but no tethering. Oh, I will wait 'till someone creates something that will install the tethering without changing the "wap.cingular" to "phone" this funks up the MMS.
    Last edited by brotherbond007; 10-16-2009 at 10:11 PM.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Thanks

Actually, "phone" is the correct APN on 3.1.2 and MMS works wth it. And I use MyWi to tether. Maybe the MMS problem is something other.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

All - release notes for 3.2.4 --- THIS SHOULD FIX MMS AND ISSUES STARTING MYWI.

3.2 Updates
    =================
    - Fix for DNS assignment on some phones
    - Fix disconnect for phones running 3.0
    - Fix/Repair MMS
    - Fix disconnect not being able to browse the web with iPhone
    - Fixed MyWi requiring respring/reboot
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

metaserph (10-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just installed the latest version. all my problems seems to be fixed!!
    Tethering over Wifi works perfectly well now, as well as USB. it also does not affect MMS now.

I'll keep testing to see if it stays stable.

Good job!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clubtech For This Useful Post:

skeels (10-17-2009)

Thanks

Absolutely brilliant update!! WiFi broadcasting now works well! Thanks Psuskeels! Well worth the $10.00

11. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

skeels (10-17-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone WaLLy3K's Avatar
    Thanks

Latest FW, Blackra1n on a 3G - Tethering via USB works as intended (Including being able to MMS), but I can't have it WiFi tether without it disabling itself and asking if I'd like to respring while using v3.2.4.

I also had a few troubles with the app immediately after upgrading from an older version, but it went away after a full phone reboot (as opposed to a respring).

*Edit:
    I can WiFi tether now, it spits out the error that I described above when the WiFi feature is manually disabled within the iPhone's settings.

There's one thing though - I want to be able to tether an existing WiFi connection that the phone's hooked up to and feed the data from that through to the PC via USB. For example, the computer might be in the living room for a short amount of time and you can't be bothered running an ethernet cable through to it, so you hook your phone up to it via USB and run it off your router's WiFi that your phone receives. That's the one thing that PDANet does nicely and is what stops me from dropping my money into this.

Think you could add an option to do that? Cheers.
    Last edited by WaLLy3K; 10-17-2009 at 05:14 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm big enough to acknowledge good work and others opinions. $10 for this app is not an exorbitant amount, I was being a bit melodramatic in a former post. I am just cheap... sorry, I mean thrifty. Hopefully MyWi will continue to exist with regular updates regardless of whether AT&T enables tethering because undoubtedly AT&T will charge a just-shy-of-exorbitant monthly price for the service.

Edit

PS - This was done using MyWi 3.2.4 or whatever the newest one is at this moment.
    Last edited by twitchthecat; 10-17-2009 at 07:25 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice FAST update psuskeels. This appears to have fixed the need to reboot for MyWi to work!

I am sooo happy to have this app back!
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks

Nice comment Twitch, I'm also rather che...er.."thrifty".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been using this since I was on 3.0.1. I love this app. Like I said, well worth the $10 and great support.

Now if I could get rid of my white screen of death

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My MMS works perfectly with MyWi installed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    All - release notes for 3.2.4 --- THIS SHOULD FIX MMS AND ISSUES STARTING MYWI.

3.2 Updates
    =================
    - Fix for DNS assignment on some phones
    - Fix disconnect for phones running 3.0
    - Fix/Repair MMS
    - Fix disconnect not being able to browse the web with iPhone
    - Fixed MyWi requiring respring/reboot
    This version just got stuck to on. It was off in the MyWi app as well as in the native tethering under settings>general>network but the blue bar was still on at the top. I had to restart to get rid of it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WaLLy3K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twitchthecat View Post
    This version just got stuck to on. It was off in the MyWi app as well as in the native tethering under settings>general>network but the blue bar was still on at the top. I had to restart to get rid of it.
    I had that too, but it seems it was conflicting with an older version of MyWi as it fixed itself completely after a whole phone reboot.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to WaLLy3K For This Useful Post:

twitchthecat (10-17-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everything working great with latest update!

Thanks

[CONFIRMED] MYWI 3.2.4 is FULLY functional...

just finished watching LOST season 5 episode 3 channel4 KOMO works great....thanks again ROCK. you all have allways been on top of your game
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pda net is 9.99 cheaper. Also from what I have seen from using Pdanet and Mywi in the same places with the same computer PDA NET IS ABOUT 3 TIMES FASTER.... Save your money and use pdanet its faster and FREE!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello

MyWI doesn't work on my device - I see in instructions to enable tethering in General-Network-Tethering. But I haven't this point there.
    this is a cause of unebale establishing wifi network ?
    how can I fix this?

Rgds

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast