Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [3GS] iBoot-359.3.2 - No 24kpwn! Apple Actively Working Against Jailbreaks

My stupidity astounds me at times. Three times I read FW 3.12 as iBoot 359.3.2
    I really should read what's written not just what I think it says...
    D'Oh!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I had run blackra1n but, as with yours, it would not reboot. Heck, I even took it to a guy with a Mac who ran the Pwnage program as well.
    No joy!!!!! : (

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    damn i might try to call att right now and see if i can upgrade early!

-Luke

EDIT: they said no. not with the full discount atleast.

lol you think att store will let me put the 3gs into DFU mode to check the bootloader before buying it haha

-Luke
    Dude, LAY INTO THEM.. Tell them how it was A) Stolen, B) Ruined in a flood in your house, etc.. Anything that isn't straight your fault (i.e. 'iDropped it' is a horrible one!)..
    I told them that I got into a boating accident (which was slightly true), and they gave me 'one time, exception pricing'.. Talk about how long you've been with them, you're a loyal customer, etc.. If they say no, pull out the old, "Ok, well I just cannot believe this, and I'm going to need to speak with someone else, is there a manager around?'
    You just be all polite, but stern at the fact that you need a phone, and cannot believe they wouldn't help you, when this that and these all happened to you, etc...

Good luck!..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SeanEboy For This Useful Post:

mk12 (10-20-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEboy View Post
    Dude, LAY INTO THEM.. Tell them how it was A) Stolen, B) Ruined in a flood in your house, etc.. Anything that isn't straight your fault (i.e. 'iDropped it' is a horrible one!)..
    I told them that I got into a boating accident (which was slightly true), and they gave me 'one time, exception pricing'.. Talk about how long you've been with them, you're a loyal customer, etc.. If they say no, pull out the old, "Ok, well I just cannot believe this, and I'm going to need to speak with someone else, is there a manager around?'
    You just be all polite, but stern at the fact that you need a phone, and cannot believe they wouldn't help you, when this that and these all happened to you, etc...

Good luck!..
    thanks for the encouragement!

side note. kind of a stupid question but hypothetically lets say i walk down there and they sell me the new one with the discount and change over my number to that phone before i leave the store. when i get home would i be able to restore from backup to load my apps, contacts, calendar etc etc onto the new phone? my current phone is 3g on 3.0FW. assuming the new phone will be on 3.1 would i have issues? especially if i was able to jailbreak the phone before restoring from backup?

thanks

-Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche7575 View Post
    I had run blackra1n but, as with yours, it would not reboot. Heck, I even took it to a guy with a Mac who ran the Pwnage program as well.
    Take it back to the guy with a Mac and check the iBoot version in System Profiler.
    If you have [iBoot-359.3.2] then give up on JB for now, but if you have [iBoot-359.3] I would persevere because it means your iPhone is definitely jailbreakable.

Is it fairly well established then that a serial number of xx939..... or earlier build date has the older bootloader and can be jailbroken?
    Thanks in advance for replies!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche7575 View Post
    Mine was done in less than 15 sec. Make sure you get blackrain from www.blackra1n.com....
    Last edited by rexton270; 10-25-2009 at 07:50 PM.

has anyone exchanged theirs for a warranty repair? I was thinking of going into apple to get them to replace my phone (it won't send an mms no matter what I do. att and apple could not figure it out. damn thing just hangs there at 90% forever. No red ! nothing. and when I receive one which usually doesn't happen but when i do it's a blank space and the blue icon with the arrow that when I press it doesn't do anything.)
    so the apple lady said to take it in
    but....

I don't want the new iboot. has anyone exchanged theirs or had a friend do so and received the new iboot?

would they let me examine it first and decide yay or nay? (i'd look for week 39 and below)

odd thing. I had been trying to fix this for such a long time and today the thought dawned on me. What have I been carrying over/doing the same that may cause this?

I have been copying my SMS folder under user/library so I have my sms convos. Something in there must have not played nice with MMS. Today I deleted the contents of said folder, rebooted. Bam! MMS sending and receiving.
    amazing. all the fixes and ipcc's and etc. etc. and that's all it was.
    Last edited by rest_easy; 10-26-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

My girlfriend just got a new 3GS, spent ages trying to jailbreak it, managed to jailbreak it, however everytime you reboot it goes into recovery mode and the only way to get it to boot normally is to use blackra1n again. Me thinks this is one of the newer 3GS's as it came with 3.1.2 and all the demo phones in O2 are running 3.0
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

If it was manufactured after week 40 it will have the new iBoot. Week 40 may or may not have it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

success!!!!! just went down to ATT and picked up a 32gig black 3GS with serial number indicating week 37 of production!! I simply asked the woman if she could look through all the 3gs's and find one that was week 40 or older. she had no idea why but was more than happy to look!!
    Gonna do a sync/backup and then see if i can jailbreak it

-Luke

EDIT: update. 15-20 seconds after clicking "Make it Ra1n" with BlackRa1n RC2 i was able to jailbreak my new 3GS and my old 3G.
    Last edited by lkailburn; 11-01-2009 at 09:38 PM.

FYI I have a week 43 3GS that is apparently on the old iBoot, but I have another one sitting next to it from the same week that need blackra1n with every boot.

What are the first 5 digits of the serial number of the old iBoot phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

My1 needs blara1n everyboot what does it mean? Do I already have the new iPhone 3gs? Is there any solution to it?

Android/linux on an Iphone...That might convince me to actually purhcase one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Take it back to the guy with a Mac and check the iBoot version in System Profiler.
    If you have [iBoot-359.3.2] then give up on JB for now, but if you have [iBoot-359.3] I would persevere because it means your iPhone is definitely jailbreakable.
    i try looking up my iBoot version on my Mac and it never shows. I turn it off, hold the home button while plugging it into my mac, wait for the iTunes icon to show and then open System Profiler. Under "Apple USB" I see my phone and all other stats, but not iBoot. How else can I look up my phone's iBoot on a Mac?

Thanks!

Talking Possible new exploit?
    Read from New iPhone 3GS can?t be Jailbroken | DOTDOH that Geohot may already have a new exploit up his sleeve. Hopefully a new Jailbreaking tool will be out soon.

Jailbreaking is not a problem. It's the untethered bit that is.

Ok, I'm just catching up. My phone died so I had to take it in and they gave me a new one. I believe it's refurb, SN starts with 5K, and it's week 46, so I'm only guessing that means the bootloader is new and unjailbreakable, but I don't have a mac to check the version of iboot or whatever it is.

What are my options?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast