+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [3GS] iBoot-359.3.2 - No 24kpwn! Apple Actively Working Against Jailbreaks

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apples cracking down on cracked apps as the amount of people using them is increasing. I'm not going to lie but I jailbreak to "test" apps.
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apples cracking down on cracked apps as the amount of people using them is increasing.
    I'm not going to lie but I jailbreak to "test" apps.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifonemaniac View Post
    Wow... This is where I want to walk to the apple store and punch a rep in the face for working for an evil corporation. Seriously apple. You will never win. We (the jailbreakers) will always be one step ahead of you. Always. Quit trying to shut us down. We're going to make a new type of jailbreak called 128kPwn then shove the new 3GS build down your throats. Give up.
    You use the word "WE" like you had anything to do with the jailbreak or any software development. You are better off just not posting.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbplayer5 For This Useful Post:

mk12 (10-15-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How do you bring up that info in DFU mode?
    So, I just purchased a 3G S last week.. I guess I should check to see what verison of iBoot I have? Or, will blackra1n still work on phones sold last week?

I am trying to get a few unauthorized (3rd Party) apps on my phone, I am assuming you cannot use iTunes for this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lamarwap View Post
    There is only one way to let them feel it. Do not recommed anybody to buy an iPhone or iPod. Tell them slot of crazy things it can't do unless it's hacked and apple now forbids hacking the iPhone. So yeah they won't buy. Take videos annd screenshots of jailbrokeb iPhone and show to others what it was like. An ten show them the old stupid new iPhone in a box that can't do crap.
    Truth!!! Whenever an iPhone user sees me on mine they're always like "oh man how'd u do that" then I show them picture messaging and they continue to gawk. I tell them about jailbreaking and boom we've grown that much stronger. U got the right idea lamar, keep it goin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lamarwap View Post
    Apple is a load of dog mess. I hope they read this message personally. They will just suffer a great loss in income. Everybody pays couple hundread dollars for their iPhones and iPods, We dis not steal it or had it given to us by apple for free. There was no contract that ways we cannot use the phone at our own risk. If we break it and we want a new one that's our responsibility not for apple. They are so stupid. Example when someone buys a Mazda rx8 Mazda didn't tell them you cannot modify your car etc etc. By adding more speed a a turbo system. Put the turn and jailbreak as the samething. Turbo brings more power jailbreak takes the iPhone to a whole new world in stuff apple has never created. But other smart developers who are thinking more than apple did.

There is only one way to let them feel it. Do not recommed anybody to buy an iPhone or iPod. Tell them slot of crazy things it can't do unless it's hacked and apple now forbids hacking the iPhone. So yeah they won't buy. Take videos annd screenshots of jailbrokeb iPhone and show to others what it was like. An ten show them the old stupid new iPhone in a box that can't do crap.

Well Apple you all created a product saying it's first phonethat cannot be unlocked. Geohot gave you all a surprise and what was your response. Nothing than blah blah jailbreak must e banned. Go donate apple money and help the economy and stop talking all this crap.

And don't try a lawsuit because that's all your good for. But customers has a right to leave their though and reviews.

So hacking team 2009 and beyond we shall be hacking deeply into the iPhones and iPods. And iPhones are man made so there will always be a way it just takes knowlede and time.

Peace. God Bless You All.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifonemaniac View Post
    Truth!!! Whenever an iPhone user sees me on mine they're always like "oh man how'd u do that" then I show them picture messaging and they continue to gawk. I tell them about jailbreaking and boom we've grown that much stronger. U got the right idea lamar, keep it goin.
    No, no, no, no, no.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Patience is a virtue. You guys need to take a chill pill.

An exploit will come. If it doesn't, ah well. The iPhone is still a great phone without jailbreak. If you don't think so go grab a RAZR, you can still root that >_>
    #eli7e revived me

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i didn't see it posted anywhere in the thread but how do you check which version boot a 3gs has?

[/noob question]

-Luke

EDIT: just saw this posted in the other thread related to this topic:

"To determine if your new 3GS is running the new bootrom, just check System Profiler while the phone is in DFU mode. Versions of iBoot prior to 359.3.2 should still be able to be jailbroken using known methods."
    Last edited by lkailburn; 10-14-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    "To determine if your new 3GS is running the new bootrom, just check System Profiler while the phone is in DFU mode. Versions of iBoot prior to 359.3.2 should still be able to be jailbroken using known methods."
    what System Profiler r u talkin about?
    Im on windows xp pro sp3.
    I know how to goto DFU mode but where exactly to check the iBoot version?
    thanx.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    what System Profiler r u talkin about?
    Im on windows xp pro sp3.
    I know how to goto DFU mode but where exactly to check the iBoot version?
    thanx.
    I was just relaying what i read in this thread:
    Dev-Team Confirms: New Bootrom Defeats 24kpwn

-Luke

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

lol @ this thread

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wait until peoples Appstore apps start calling for updates that can't run on their firmwares.

Thanks

For what it's worth...

Geohot's blackra1n site mentioned that it was not working on "MC" models. The context seemed to be "MC" touch models, but I believe it applies to 3GS models as well. My 3GS purchased on release day is an "MC1377LL" and I am unable to pwn or blackra1n it.

It was JB on v3.0. At one point I was having performance problems and I reverted to non-JB v3.0. Subsequently, I upgraded to v3.1 and realized the doom I created for myself since I had not saved codes previously on Cydia. Recently updated to 3.1.2 as part of blackra1n method and found it not working. Tried pwnagetool and have the perpetual 1604 / 1600 errors.

So it seems "MC" model prefix is the kiss of death for JB...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    lol @ this thread
    +1
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

dev team and geohot... you have a new challenge
    i am sure you will master it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    For what it's worth...

Geohot's blackra1n site mentioned that it was not working on "MC" models. The context seemed to be "MC" touch models, but I believe it applies to 3GS models as well. My 3GS purchased on release day is an "MC1377LL" and I am unable to pwn or blackra1n it.

It was JB on v3.0. At one point I was having performance problems and I reverted to non-JB v3.0. Subsequently, I upgraded to v3.1 and realized the doom I created for myself since I had not saved codes previously on Cydia. Recently updated to 3.1.2 as part of blackra1n method and found it not working. Tried pwnagetool and have the perpetual 1604 / 1600 errors.

So it seems "MC" model prefix is the kiss of death for JB...
    Fortunately, the 24k exploit is in the bootrom - if it had indeed been fixed, it would have prevented you from jailbreaking 3.0. I'm guessing it's just a compatibility issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ATT will usually allow you to renew early and get the subsidized price without actually waiting for the official renewal date. This might be a good idea if you want to make sure you get a jail breakable phone.
    Last edited by Donbo; 10-14-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    Fortunately, the 24k exploit is in the bootrom - if it had indeed been fixed, it would have prevented you from jailbreaking 3.0. I'm guessing it's just a compatibility issue.
    Good observation Watson (Cloudhunter )....

After scouting around, I checked out my iboot and noted it was a JB compat version (359.3). So, to hopefully be of help to others here was what I tried based on a comment thread I read on devteam (courtesy jeffrush / sand0s):

Situation:
    - 1604 error trying to load custom firmware created via pwnagetool 3.1.4 while in normal or recovery mode
    - 1600 error trying to load same while in DFU mode
    - blackra1n (Windows) would kick phone into recovery mode and sit there for 1+ min "running". Comes to the "you have been jailbroken, wait for reboot". Problem, no geohot image. Error log shows errors loading files to phone.
    - Tried all of above with and without a USB hub (as I remember in past something about USB issues on Mac which where solved using a hub) .. no luck

Cause (for me):
    - VMWare Fusion!!! Running Fusion on Mac with Vista 32bit. Tried as well with Fusion on Mac with Win 7 32 bit. Both cases same result.

Solution (for me):
    - blackra1n for MAC!!!! Ran this and it finally worked as simple as many have bragged about. After this, I was able to restore custom firmware via iTunes piece of cake!

~4 hours of lost life on this one
    ~jailbroken again
    =priceless

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought a 3Gs this weekend. It has the 3.1.2 firmware and is the MB (NOT MC) model.
    No joy with blackra1n!
    I'm crestfallen!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche7575 View Post
    I bought a 3Gs this weekend. It has the 3.1.2 firmware and is the MB (NOT MC) model.
    No joy with blackra1n!
    I'm crestfallen!!!!
    Well, in a previous posting I had drawn the conclusion that 3GS models starting with MC related to the jailbreak issue. Based on my above post, that can't be true - since I have an MC model and was able to jailbreak. In my case, it appears to be related to running Windows under VMWare.

Perhaps someone with more experience can clarify if the model has any bearing whatsoever, or if it is only related to the iboot version. If I recall, the devteam site noted a known issue with IPT3 models beginning with MC - perhaps they've clarified to issue to be iboot related and not model prefix.

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche7575 View Post
    No joy with blackra1n!
    I'm crestfallen!!!!
    Can you tell us where you bought this? I was going to buy a 3GS on monday, but now I'm afraid to.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast