Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Bringing FM Radio to iPhone with Radio.app?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Apple Bringing FM Radio to iPhone with Radio.app?

Your iPod has FM. Why not your iPhone?

9to5mac reports they've got a source who says this exact app is in the works for the iPhone. Supposedly we're all waiting on the integration of MobileMusicStore (iTunes.app) with this - basically, if you're listening to a station in the US that supports tagging, you'll be listening to a song, tap an info button or something to grab all the info on that song, and be able to click to purchase it straight from your iPhone/iPod Touch.

The iPhone/iPod Touch have been able to receive FM for a while now - it's how they talk to the Nike+ line of products. Turning that on for device owners to listen to the radio would be great, and also a ton of additional revenue for Apple and artists. Or at least Apple and labels.

Their source mentions iPod.app might even see some FM functionality before the release of Radio.app proper.

9to5Mac

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

They should of had this from the start!

First =)

old news, I saw evidence of a radio app in the LocalizedApplicationNames.strings some weeks ago ... but I thought it was just something they tested ... if an actual app would be released, that would be cool

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wait so does the iphone have a radio?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Does the iPhone 3G accept FM signals?

Don't forget to hit "THANKS" if the information was helpful!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do the iPhone and iPhone3G have this technology built in or is it only the most recent line of hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Texasbob View Post
    Do the iPhone and iPhone3G have this technology built in or is it only the most recent line of hardware?
    afaik, all iphones have an fm receiver built in. but I would bet my *** that, if this app every comes the iphone, it either will only be available for the 3GS or maybe even for the new (4G?) iphone only

Thanks

finally a FM radio! i never listen to the radio because i'm always on my iPod, hopefully this will bring them together.
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok! Radio.app/Flash Camera and frontal Camera let's see how long it take then for these to come out.

the important part would be if the iphone could transmit radio because then you could walk in your car and turn on the radio and hear you iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Bill69 View Post
    the important part would be if the iphone could transmit radio because then you could walk in your car and turn on the radio and hear you iphone
    Won't happen, I guarantee the iPhone chipset does not have an FM Transmitter in it. I'm surprised it even has an FM receiver.

Sounds promising...iHeartRadio does the job for now...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

the iphone3g and 3gs dont have an FM receiver if u did dont u think the ppl at i fix it would have noticed it they noticed the hidden bluetooth chip in the ipod touch and they werent even looking for it
    its probly gonna b a database at apple that takes all radio stations and sends them over 3g if att lets them

or we have 2 wait for next gen iphone lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

i really dont think this would happen on the 2g & 3g due to hardware limitations.... never know though maybe Apple wants this for ALL iPhones

What's really been a pain for some of these radio apps is the inability to listen local sport teams play . I wonder if they will find a way to block it on thos app as well?

Thanks

That's cool. But who is listen to radio anymore?

Is there anything this phone can't do with a simple app/firmware update?

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

Your iPod has FM. Why not your iPhone?

9to5mac reports they've got a source who says this exact app is in the works for the iPhone. Supposedly we're all waiting on the integration of MobileMusicStore (iTunes.app) with this - basically, if you're listening to a station in the US that supports tagging, you'll be listening to a song, tap an info button or something to grab all the info on that song, and be able to click to purchase it straight from your iPhone/iPod Touch.

The iPhone/iPod Touch have been able to receive FM for a while now - it's how they talk to the Nike+ line of products. Turning that on for device owners to listen to the radio would be great, and also a ton of additional revenue for Apple and artists. Or at least Apple and labels.

Their source mentions iPod.app might even see some FM functionality before the release of Radio.app proper.

9to5Mac
    Its really great news.. You know i used to keep iphone and ipod both in my pocket because i am fond of FM.But from now I dont need to have ipod and iphone with me all the time..one thing will do both for me.
    Thanks for the information..
    iphone Skin

This should have been there originally, not the stocks crap

Default Fm transmitter???
    I've had other mp3 players that have had an FM transmitter. I used it for about 2 minutes and then forgot about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast