+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 is out, Jailbreaks 3.1.2 and 3GS OOB

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious Are the 4th and 5th digits of your serial number 41 or greater? If so you have the new iBoot which pwnage does not work with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Are the 4th and 5th digits of your serial number 41 or greater? If so you have the new iBoot which pwnage does not work with - and BlackRa1n is tethered - ie you have to re run it every time you reboot the phone.

No alternative at the moment.
    Sadly, yes (41). That's disappointing, but I'm happy to know what the deal is. Thank you Confucious!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi,
    I've tried to apply the custom firmware 3.1.2 (downloaded from one of the file servers) to my 3gs (purchased in July) with fw 3.0.1 (non-jailbreak) last night for a couple of hours, but it did not work for me.
    I've tried it with the phone in recovery mode, DFU mode, and normal mode, but I got the error 1604 every time.
    I've also tried it with the iTunes ver. 8.2 and 9.0.1, but no success.
    my computer is a Windows Vista 32-bit.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should do to get it right.
    TIA!

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mpgsingle View Post
    Yes pretty girl, if you using a MAC PC read notes here or on quickpwn
    I think the unlock you're referring to is not a true unlock. The custom firmware you create with pwnagetool simply doesn't upgrade your baseband so you're able to **REMAIN** unlocked. As far as I knew, there is not out-of-the box unlock yet for any 3.1xx software since they upgrade your baseband. If you didn't unlock at 3.0, you can't anymore.

I'm unlocked on 3.1.2 (32gb 3GS) but I unlocked at 3.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help plz i have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 already with at&t working fine and i had it jailbroke with blackra1n and i just tried to jailbrake it with pwnage tool 3.2.4 everything worked out good tell i try to call some one from my phone i get no bars at all and every time i try to call someone it tells me call fail i need to us my phone not to just jailbreak it lol but thank you
    Last edited by Peteraziz07; 10-27-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try to go to settings and reset network settings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:

Peteraziz07 (10-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just did and not i got no internet oh man no internet no phone HELP HELP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peteraziz07 View Post
    Help plz i have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 already with at&t working fine and i had it jailbroke with blackra1n and i just tried to jailbrake it with pwnage tool 3.2.4 everything worked out good tell i try to call some one from my phone i get no bars at all and every time i try to call someone it tells me call fail i need to us my phone not to just jailbreak it lol but thank you
    You have AT&T, so my guess is that you did not unselected "Activate Phone" when creating your custom 3.1.2 firmware in PwnageTool 3.1.4. Re-create your custom firmware and this time, unselect "Activate Phone". Also make sure you only select "Cydia". Do not select "Icy" and "Cydia". Don't put your iPhone 3GS into either DFU or recovery mode. Just open iTunes, press Option+Restore and select your custom firmware.

You will notice that your carrier name is missing on the iPhone 3GS status bar screen. It is only cosmetic. To fix, install "MakeItMine", run it and enter "AT&T".
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kooltechie View Post
    hi,
    I've tried to apply the custom firmware 3.1.2 (downloaded from one of the file servers) to my 3gs (purchased in July) with fw 3.0.1 (non-jailbreak) last night for a couple of hours, but it did not work for me.
    I've tried it with the phone in recovery mode, DFU mode, and normal mode, but I got the error 1604 every time.
    I've also tried it with the iTunes ver. 8.2 and 9.0.1, but no success.
    my computer is a Windows Vista 32-bit.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should do to get it right.
    TIA!
    still having the issue
    any help will be appreciated.
    thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I'm a newbie...please help.

I have a new 3G S bought last weekend and here is the spec from the About page:

Firmware date: 05.11.07
    Serial: 87940XXXXX
    Part No: MB717LL/A

I wanted to jb and not unlock for now as I'm on a 2 year contract with AT&T. Do I need to use blackra1n or PwnageTool 3.1.4? I don't know the boot rom version.

I read this on the Dev-Team Blog home page and got more confused:

Here are some details on our latest version of PwnageTool 3.1.4 for Mac OS X which supports the 3.1.2 release of the iPhone software for iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod Touch 1G/2G.

If you’re already jailbroken (by whatever means), you don’t need to mess around with DFU mode at all. Just create (or get from a friend) your custom IPSW and Option-Restore (Shift-Restore on Windows) to it via iTunes. Don’t enter DFU mode at all. Please make sure you are restoring to the custom IPSW, not the stock one from Apple! For best results, use the latest iTunes (9.0.1) — which includes a nice new application organizer.

This release allows your baseband to remain unlocked at 3.1.2, but it does not unlock a new baseband put there by restoring to official 3.1.x. It is super important that people who need the unlock to understand they can keep it only by starting at 3.0 (or earlier) and updating solely to custom IPSWs that don’t update the baseband. For those who have been onboard the “unlock train”, simply install ultrasn0w via Cydia once you’ve restored to your custom IPSW. Don’t forget to turn off the “3G” setting in Settings->General->Network if you use T-Mobile in the U.S.A.

Note for 3GS users not already jailbroken and stuck at 3.1.x: this version of PwnageTool has a side feature to jailbreak your 3GS. It uses a simple implementation of the usb control msg hole found by chronicdev, geohot, and our very own gray. (Update: please make sure iTunes and iTunesHelper are not running when PwnageTool asks you if your 3GS is already jailbroken/pwned). Now that the hole is public and in use, we expect Apple to close it by the next major firmware update. That’s why 3GS users need to get their ECID hashes for 3.1.x now, and need to stay onboard the “jailbreak train” in all future updates. For more details on what this means, please see our earlier posts or ask in our comments section (moderated by the always helpful @angie and @confucious!).

What does this tell me? If i use PwnageTool to unlock my iphone as per my specs I have listed above, can I unlock in the future?

Thanks for all the help.

-rehauvel

Thanks

You need pwnage if you are on 3.0x and want to keep your BB at 04.26.08
    As your BB is already at 05.11.07 you can just upgrade to 3.12 and use BlackRa1n BUT
    sometime in week 40 the new iBoot was released -if you have a Mac you can have a look to see what version you have. If it's the new one then BlackRa1n is a tethered JB and I'm really not sure if I would do it.

Good luck.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Just update to 3.1.2 through iTunes and then run black rain I have had lots of luck jb ing 3gs's and have done 5 with no problem just follow online directions man. 3g can be tougher and pwange tool has to be used but it can still be done good luck!

Thanks

If you upgrade to 3.12 in iTunes you can JB but not unlock.
    BlackRa1n RC2 has fixed the problems with the 3G and enabled a tethered JB for the new iBoot on the 3GS but pwnage is the only option if you want to unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Custom 3.1.2 ipsw for ipod touch
    Is there a Custom 3.1.2 ipsw for ipod touch? If so please post a link or send me it!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys !

I went on this page (Download Custom Firmware 3.1.2 ipsw – Jailbreak, Activate, Unlock iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS [Mac and Windows] | iLikeMyiPhone) and did not know which file to get, an activated or not activated custom firmware for my iPhone 3G.

Something that may be quite important. The phone is unlocked by the cell phone provider, I mean officially.

Can someone help me choosing the right file for my phone ?

Thanks in advance !

LePousson

Thanks

If your phone is officially unlocked just update to 3.12 in iTunes and use BlackRa1n to JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need custom firmware for iphone 3G

Thanks

Then make one with pwnage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I know... Just being lazy!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

hey I did a fully working Pwnage Tool JB last night with blacksn0w unlock. I tried resetting my network settings to get MMS working on TMboile and now I'm stuck in a continuous reboot loop. Suggestions? Does this mean I have the newest iBoot that requires a JB upon every restart?

Edit: I can't even get it into reboot mode. When I plug it into iTunes and hold Home the pwnage apple just shows up again. I can't get rid of it!!! Any/all help is appreciated!!
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 11-05-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks

Hi RaginAsian55 - try running BlackRain and seeing if that kicks it.