Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Marathon Winner Disqualified for Listening to iPod

Isn't the whole purpose of the Nike + kit for running, the ipod including. So then whats the point of an iPod if you can't run with it. Those rules are a bunch of BS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Using an iPod might give her somewhat of an unfair advantage because she's most likely playing music that's hyping her up, causing her to run faster and longer than say someone without any kind of music playing. To keep the competition fair no one should be allowed to listen to any music that every other competitor cannot hear.

Dumb assed Americans, why even bother with this. It's just an iPod FFS.
    Will they disqualify those who have hearing aids(they're electronics too)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I feel sorry for her but then again that is the rules. I think the rules are stupid but probably someone that doesn't have a ipod made up the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    When they come out with the iPod suppository she can run all she wants
    lmao one1!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-13-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Wow
    Some of you are so uninformed. If you actually were a runner you would know how much an iPod can actually help your performance. They get you pumped, get your adrenaline going. Theyre banned from practically every running event. You cant even use them in high school meets and runners accept this. She should have known better.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

garbage
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Personally, she can take ME and place ME in her ear, (as long as they're clean), and I'll sing whatever song she wants, whenever she wants during a marathon...she's pretty hot...I don't think there's anything in the rule book against having an enthusiastic karaoke pixie sized latino in your ear as a source of music...

didnt you ppl read the article she didnt even really win the other winner took a water bottle and got disqualified so she wants them to over turn hers but not the real winner dumb. i mean to bad the first winners fanboys snapped some pics and made a big deal haha o well ya live ya learn read and follow the rules.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Man you guys really lag with the "news".
    You all should check out 9to5mac.com for your Apple news.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Ooopid...
    ... And that's how she learn'd her lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    R u kidding me? Even high school track meet doesn't allow iPod. She should know better.
    A marathon is a lot different than HS track. Kids are running 100m up to 2 miles.. that's 10 minutes (max) of running compared to 3 hours of running. That is horrible and she should not have been disqualified for it. Regardless if she was listening to it or not, what advantage would she have over the other runners? If anything, it could be a disadvantage because the ipod is extra weight.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,848 Times in 3,471 Posts

My daily amusement from the "freakshow usa".

I would say: electrocute her, that would be really fair and Apple must pay 500 Billion Dollars for Doping !!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    i'd hit it
    ditto!

I would like to put Mypod up in that :$

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123