Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 5563646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

RedSn0w will hactivate and unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

thanks man i actually have that downloaded already so that works. im a total newb to this stuff so bare with me if im asking some dumb questions. is there any special way to hactivate it? cause i ran it to jailbreak it and unlock it and that didnt work so i just tried unlocking it and it still was in emergency calls only mode. i will try it again but is there anything im doing wrong? thanks again

If the phone hasn't been activated then RedSn0w should hactivate it. Restore and start from scratch.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

well i activated it on tmobile and it will make and recieve calls but thats about it. itsjust emergency only. but i tried putting an unactivated at&t sim in it and when i plug it in to restore it itunes just takes me to the activation screen it will not let me get to the restore page. i tried unlocking it with the att sim on redsn0w but it didnt work. im guessing its because the same firmware isnt on the phone that im trying to unlock it to. and since i dont know what firmware is currently on it i have no idea what to do. again im sorry this is my first iphone so im lost. thanks again man.

Take out the SIM and plug it in to iTunes - with no SIM, does it let you restore? If so restore to 3.13 then run RedSn0w using the 3.12 (not 3.13) ipsw

Never had a 2G (started out with the 3G, now have 3GS) so I don't speak from experience, but can't you just download the 3.1.2 firmware from the trusted info --> community section of the dev-team's website, then do a shift-restore to load the old firmware from itunes and run redsnow? All this business about not being able to restore back to old firmware unless you're registered on cydia is only an issue for the 3GS, correct?

If you're new to all this, the place to start is the official dev-team website. All sorts of great, and most importantly, trustworthy, info is there.

Good luck...

3GS - Can't restore to anything other than latest FW without SHSH on file

3G - Can restore to any FW but can't downgrade BB so should not upgrade to 3.13 if unlock is needed.

2G Can restore to any FW and BB has not been upgraded and phone can be unlocked on any FW.

RedSn0w will JB the 3G or 2G on 3.13 but not the 3GS

Thanks

When i plug it in with out a sim itunes says there is no sim card in the iphone you are trying to activate disconnect and insert sim card. and there is a tiny lock up in the right hand corner. i tried unlocking it with no sim and it still isnt working. im so lost and a little worried im not gunna be able to fix this. if i could just find out what firmware is currently on it i'd be golden. but since the seller doesnt seem to answer their email i have no idea what to do. is there anything else you can think of that i could try doing? and thanks again for all your help.

Does it not give you the option to restore? If not, put the phone in DFU mode and restore.

Guys I need help..

Got a 3GS running 3.1.2 and on the 5.11.07 base. All was good until today when i had to reboot. Wasn't getting signal at all for some reason.. normally rebooting solves the problem. Oh I jailbroke my phone using Blackra1n and it was a tethered break.

Here is what happens.. Reboot and phone enteres recovery mode.. try to run blackra1n, geohot's logo comes on for like 5 secs then nothing.. as in black. I tried doing it on a windows (used a mac previously) but no go as well.

Any idea what is going on??!! Any help is appreciated. Been out of the jailbreak loop for some time so don't really know what options there are.

I'm assuming worse case scenario would be that I have to reset to factory settings. Is there any chance I would be able to restore to my last sync-ed settings? I don't want to loose my applications etc.. =(

What should I do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moonblade87 View Post
    Guys I need help..

Got a 3GS running 3.1.2 and on the 5.11.07 base. All was good until today when i had to reboot. Wasn't getting signal at all for some reason.. normally rebooting solves the problem. Oh I jailbroke my phone using Blackra1n and it was a tethered break.

Here is what happens.. Reboot and phone enteres recovery mode.. try to run blackra1n, geohot's logo comes on for like 5 secs then nothing.. as in black. I tried doing it on a windows (used a mac previously) but no go as well.

Any idea what is going on??!! Any help is appreciated. Been out of the jailbreak loop for some time so don't really know what options there are.

I'm assuming worse case scenario would be that I have to reset to factory settings. Is there any chance I would be able to restore to my last sync-ed settings? I don't want to loose my applications etc.. =(

What should I do?
    I'm in the EXCAT sme situation, and for some reason, I can't find my old 3.1.2/5.11./07 ipsw to save my life right. I'm in DFU Mode right now, and I'm trying to download another 3.1.2 ipsw I found in the Firmware Downloads section here, but I don't know if it's the right baseband. Cross your fingers.

Default important! exception to being tethered!!
    i realize this is a big thread so i may not get noticed, but this is important information i believe everyone will be interested in, my iphone 3gs 32gb running 3.1.2 is jailbroken with blackra1n, i read up on it about the whole tethered thing, so i kept my phone on for a while, then it started getting all laggy and glitchy, so i decided to turn it off and back on, well fully expecting to have to restore it, i was amazed and the fact that nothing happened, i am still jailbroken and can restart my iphone all i want without losing the jailbreak, idk what happened, im not complaining, but im curious as to what happened, thank you for reading
    -cov

Presumably you have the early iboot then.

so if i upgrade to 4.0 will i be able to jailbreak with blackra1n again?

no, but in a little while i heard limera1n is coming out for 4.0 jailbreak

You heard wrong!

Default Jailbreak fails with blackra1n
    I am trying to Jailbreak my 3.1.2 using blackra1n that I download above. It keeps giving me error message "ASL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" Please help. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

why are you on 3.1.2 still?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleywjli View Post
    I am trying to Jailbreak my 3.1.2 using blackra1n that I download above. It keeps giving me error message "ASL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" Please help. thanks
    You have to put blackra1n in same folder as iTunes. Then run it and it should work fine. That's what I did when I was on 3.1.2 back in the day.

I am slow on adapting new OS. I love how my Iphone works and enjoy all the jail broken and unlock benefits. I am too afraid to screw things up. Upgrading to 3.1.2 is required to 4.0 as I read all the posting. Trying one step at time. I used this website to jailbreak my 3.1.2. Extremely easy. JailbreakMe

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 5563646566 LastLast