+ Reply
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kchociej Any ideas? I must have ran blackrain at least 50 times. What's your iBoot version? Is the 4th digit of your serial number 4?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kchociej View Post
    Any ideas? I must have ran blackrain at least 50 times.
    What's your iBoot version? Is the 4th digit of your serial number 4?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely4Twenty View Post
    What does this neww JB add to a 3G ??
    Are you asking about the update 3.1.2 of what JB does for you
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipt3
    In on of the Blackra1n posts: Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - blackra1n v2.0 , it states that the IPT3 can be JB without the use of tethering, but i guess i've failed, b/c every-time i JB it, and then restart it, i loose the JB, and have to run Blackra1n again to make it right. Whats going on here, did i just read hope into that link were there was none?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got back vacation (on a cruise i got married) and i'm trying to catch up on all the new news. and i'm just wondering do i still have to do this? Cause i noticed bigboss's directions does not have this step. Thanks in advamce!

blackra1n doesn't patch the services.plist. You will have to do it manually to get usb browsing back.

SSH into your phone and navigate to /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist

Copy Services.plist (copy the original for backup) to your computer and open it in a plist editor or a text editor
    . Add the following info:

Paste the following key/dict combo above the line that reads
    com.apple.crashreportcopy

PHP Code:
    com.apple.afc2

Label
    com.apple.afc2
    ProgramArguments

/usr/libexec/afcd
    --lockdown
    -d
    /

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Success on the 3G - looks like its something to do with the USB ports on some PC's. Tried several times with my desktop (running windows 7) but nothing, tried restore still nothing. Tried it on my laptop (Vista Business) and worked first time. I have had problems connecting bus powered removable drives to the desktop (seems to be less power going through the ports)just a hunch but might be worth looking into?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrhaddock View Post
    Success on the 3G - looks like its something to do with the USB ports on some PC's. Tried several times with my desktop (running windows 7) but nothing, tried restore still nothing. Tried it on my laptop (Vista Business) and worked first time. I have had problems connecting bus powered removable drives to the desktop (seems to be less power going through the ports)just a hunch but might be worth looking into?
    Apparently this release doesn't play well with Vista x64 and-or windows 7 x86 or x64...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks
    70 Replies to say that the program doesnt work... on iphones 3g it stuck in rebooting and ipod touch 2g get black screen after trying to make it ra1n... ra1n doesnt work at first time run!, maybe you'll need to try like 60 times to get it work

Thanks

Ok people, listen up. Not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot or not, but what the hell...

After try many many times to jailbreak my 3g with blackra1n, I finally suceeded! I had tried everything
    I found for all problems. I killed all the "apple/iPhone" crap in task manager. Didn't work.
    I tried the button trick several times. To no avail. After @50 attemps and about 12 RESTORES, the last
    thing I tried and dunno why was to TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL!! She popped wide open the first
    time I tried after disabled it. Don't know 100% that did it, but I hope it helps.

Ok people, listen up. Not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot or not, but what the hell...

After try many many times to jailbreak my 3g with blackra1n, I finally suceeded! I had tried everything
    I found for all problems. I killed all the "apple/iPhone" crap in task manager. Didn't work.
    I tried the button trick several times. To no avail. After @50 attemps and about 12 RESTORES, the last
    thing I tried and dunno why was to TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL!! She popped wide open the first
    time I tried after disabled it. Don't know 100% that did it, but I hope it helps.
    Last edited by Turnamental; 10-19-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    I've used blackra1n once to jailbreak my 3g so I know it works. Now---after 4hours of trying (and trying and trying and youtubing and reading this thread and trying and disabling everything under the sun in Task Manger, etc etc etc) I get the cute curly head boy to pop up with the flying iPhones under his chin and I think SUCCESS!!!! Alas...after the reboot I get nothing. No Black Rain Drop Icon...nothing. What gives?

And yes, I realize this may have been answered already and you can make fun of/b!tch at me later....I've tried. Honestly. I've read.....and read. Got no answer. So what's up. It appears to work....then no JB after reboot. It's enough to drive a girl to drink.......

Thanks

Default There's more....
    Ok I forgot to add this.......

When I DISABLED windows firewall and the jailbreak worked....

I had only closed iTunes. I left all the proccesses running. Didn't kill any of them!
    I did it on XP too if your wondering.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJMA View Post
    Are you asking about the update 3.1.2 of what JB does for you
    The update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

black rain works for me 1000% percent everytime. and i know how. ask me.. hahah
    Last edited by qwiksilvera4; 10-19-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks

I'm having problems. It goes back to the "only for emergency" screen with the disk and cable logo after it does the 30 second jailbreak. What should I do next?

Thanks

Default Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by francob74 View Post
    I'm having problems. It goes back to the "only for emergency" screen with the disk and cable logo after it does the 30 second jailbreak. What should I do next?
    Try plugging it in and opening iTunes and see if it will run the activation and open up.

Thanks

Thumbs up Effortless & lightning fast JailBreak!!!
    JB in less than 10 seconds on iPhone 3G S running 3.1.2 so I then ran the software on another iPhone 3G S running 3.1 that had lost the redsnow JB after accidentally upgrading from 3.0 and in about 15 seconds I was rebooting with FREEDOM! One thing I didn't expect is that my firmware is still on 3.1 instead of 3.1.2??? Works perfect though! Nothing is lost and all is good. Thanks for the download... I donated and will again for the second download. So worth it considering I thought I was stuck in jail forever.
    BP's Turbo..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is the ECID hash required to JB using this?

Thanks

Smile JB with Blackra1n
    All I did too JB my Iphone was turn off BONJOUR in the Service Program and it was simple. I was running Windows 7 @ the Time, so not really sure Y you'd have too turn off Windows Firewall too JB an Iphone. BUT..hey if it works it works. BUT ..I still think its just as simple too turn off your BONJOUR in the Service Program.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default backup
    Sorry but i am new to this. will just running blackra1n keep all my contacts and pictures and everything? If not can somebody please go over the process of backing everything up prior to jb'ing with blackra1n? THank you.

Thanks

Default Sure
    Quote Originally Posted by cebshavo View Post
    Sorry but i am new to this. will just running blackra1n keep all my contacts and pictures and everything? If not can somebody please go over the process of backing everything up prior to jb'ing with blackra1n? THank you.
    Open iTunes.....
    Plug phone in....
    In the left hand pane you will see your iPhone.....
    Right click it and select "backup".....
    Jailbreak after you backup......
    After succesful jailbreak, restore from that backup.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That was easy, installing Cydia now. This just get's easier and easier!

iPhone 3GS out of box 3.1 FW