+ Reply
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hope this isn't against forum rules...heres a download link for iREB for those in need Download iH8Sn0w - iREB V3.1-2 For Windows.exe for free on uploading.com Originally Posted by JJMA
    Thanks

hope this isn't against forum rules...heres a download link for iREB for those in need

Download iH8Sn0w - iREB V3.1-2 For Windows.exe for free on uploading.com

Quote Originally Posted by JJMA View Post
    people keep asking if they can use this to unlock there iphone when if first page says that it will not
    OK now it all becomes clear
    Last edited by creasy425; 10-16-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ran this on my 1G itouch & it worked great! Gave me an error in cydia though,cuz I installed cydia & ice together.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For anyone that still cant jailbreak (mostly 3G users),
    try it once,
    when it gets stuck hold Home and Power till it switches off,
    once it is off turn it back on,
    close blackra1n,
    open it again and press make it rain whilst its still booting.

This worked for me after spending AGES trying to do it. I had bonjour disabled but i dont think it made a difference.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-17-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJMA View Post
    I found two sites but when I try to download it says not found. So I can just PM you and you will email it to me? Thanks for the help

edit
    I found one that worked at
    iH8sn0w
    I also think I found the ipsw

Thanks for the help will tell how it worked when done
    glad you found it. one thing, if when using iREB you get a pop up window saying iREB has stopped working blah blah blah, just close that window and keep on truckin, DONT click the restart tab or search web for answers tab...

nin
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

help!!!
    when i hit 'make it rain' it puts my iphone 3G in recovery mode but it stays there and doesn't do anything and at the same time iTunes also opens up. On the blackra1n screen, its stuck at 'running'. Any1 knows what happening?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xskinnerx View Post
    can anyone recommend an SSH program to me?

i've tried Putty and WinSCP and they both failed to SSH into my iphone 2g. It said Connection Refused.

Any ideas?
    Just gotta have the right settings! Im assuming you know to leave the port as is, and how to find the IP address, and to use root as a login and alpine or dottie as the password. On that screen with those settings inside WinSCP, there's a drop down box at the bottom labeled "File Protocol", change that to SCP. Click the SSH option on the left side, and chose "1" under Preferred SSH Protocol Version, hit the save button and login. Default for everything else should be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nin View Post
    help!!!
    when i hit 'make it rain' it puts my iphone 3G in recovery mode but it stays there and doesn't do anything and at the same time iTunes also opens up. On the blackra1n screen, its stuck at 'running'. Any1 knows what happening?
    This is for you and anybody else having issues jailbreaking your phone.

Ive jailbroken 11 iPhones now, 3 of them were 3GS (including my own) and 8 of them were 3G's. All of the 3GS's jailbroke nice and smooth, and all but 1 of the 3G's I had to use a previously mentioned technique to get it to work, i also had to do this same with the purplera1n when it was released awhile back.

1. Open iTunes and plug your phone into the computer
    2. Open black rain
    3. Click make it rain
    4. If you get stuck at the connect to itunes screen on your phone, then hold the power and home buttons to shut it off.
    5. Blackrain will say its finished and to wait for it to reboot, just hit ok and close black rain
    6. Re-open black rain.
    7. Turn the phone back on
    8. When you see the apple logo, hit make it rain
    9. If it doesnt work and you get stuck on the connect to itunes screen again, then start over from step 4. You may have to wait a random amount of time (between 1 and 10 seconds) from the time you see the apple logo. If it dont work, try and try again. Eventually it will go.
    10. If you give up, unplug your phone from the computer and turn the phone off and back on, you will be back into your 3.1.2 OS
    Last edited by PMad; 10-16-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianBoi View Post
    For anyone that still cant jailbreak (mostly 3G users),
    try it once,
    when it gets stuck hold Home and Power till it switches off,
    once it is off turn it back on,
    close blackra1n,
    open it again and press make it rain whilst its still booting.

This worked for me after spending AGES trying to do it. I had bonjour disabled but i dont think it made a difference.
    It's really nice that you have not only figured out how to make your font a different colour and bigger but also found out where GeoHotz was going wrong - I suggest you email him (in big red letters) as I'm sure he will be interested. Pity you didn't tell him before he wasted all that time on his friends 3G earlier on.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

JJMA (10-16-2009), MetallicaFan1991 (10-16-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thats because they're people like me that are confused to whether it differs its a software unlock ex ultrasnow or a factory unlock from apple!!!! so cut us some damn slack

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emile17 View Post
    thats because they're people like me that are confused to whether it differs its a software unlock ex ultrasnow or a factory unlock from apple!!!! so cut us some damn slack
    Who are you talking to and how much slack do you want?
    If you have a question, just ask, I'm sure someone here will be able to help.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

emile17 (10-16-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Crazy Battery Issue
    Hey all,

So I upgraded to 3.1.2 and followed it with the blackra1n jailbreak. I didn't notice it at first until last night. The battery will operate fine and then, once it gets to 50% or so the phone will shut off as if it were at 2%. When I plug it in it takes around 15 minutes to get to a point of booting back up. So it seems that my phone is thinking 50% is zero battery. I can only last a few hours because the drain rate is the same as before. I have an image to show the oddness of what's going on. Anyone else have this problem? What would the fix be?

blackra1n Released!  Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices-img_0023.png

As you can see from the image the phone died around 6:30. Around 12 minutes later I was booting up. Then 21 minutes later I'm back at 73%? HELP!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

blackra1n doesn't patch the services.plist. You will have to do it manually to get usb browsing back.

SSH into your phone and navigate to /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist

Copy Services.plist (copy the original for backup) to your computer and open it in a plist editor or a text editor. Add the following info:

Paste the following key/dict combo above the line that reads
    com.apple.crashreportcopy

what does that mean?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    get iREB. it allows you to load a custom FW thru itunes with no errors. theres a custom FW available on TPB. iREB does not work for the 3gs, but it does support 2g and 3g iphones

OK For anyone that is having problems just download iREB the link is posted in this thread. Then just search for a Custom Restore for your device. all you need to do is open iREB put device in DFU mode click on your device then the screen will turn white then open itunes and hold ctrl and select restore pick the firmware and done. Not as fast a blackr1an but it would not work for me and this did. Give all the THANKS to creasy425 post 993.

DOWNLOAD iREB from
    iH8sn0w
    or
    Download iH8Sn0w - iREB V3.1-2 For Windows.exe for free on uploading.com
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

People are asking the same questions over and over and over again, the other guy was right, this in one of the threads where people don't read!!!
    ItalianBoi, you're annoying!! I woulda Groaned you if there as an option on MMi.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I second that
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Thanks

I'll third the groan option....especially for those that feel the need to put their posts on big *** red font like their post is the end all, be all....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    get iREB. it allows you to load a custom FW thru itunes with no errors. theres a custom FW available on TPB. iREB does not work for the 3gs, but it does support 2g and 3g iphones
    Thank you thank you and one more thanks.

Hours spent on this with no luck till I took another look at this post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OutrageApparel View Post
    not working on 3G with Vista 64; its freezing on "running" and the phone just stays in recovery mode the whole time. any ideas?
    i had the same prob with vista 64, u have to shut down every running program before clicking "make it rain", close your file browser windows, anything running on your system tray, everything!!!! only thing that was running on mine was mcafee, worked perfectly, only took about 30 sec

anybody else having trouble with itunes backing up thier iphones, keeps telling me it cant back up iphone "iphone" cause it is not connected, but it is
    Last edited by thinknoffcenter; 10-17-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dxe
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Greetings

Any word on an update to any of the JB's for the new locked down bootloader??

Green Apple
    Thanks
    took me twice before it worked. if it doesnt do anything after 30 seconds, close blackrain and turn phone off. then redo it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok I would love to know if this jailbreak is so cool why is it that Winterboard doesn't work I did everything as instructed to download and I am trying to get it right but nothing works if anyone can help please do.

I didn't have a problem jaulbreaking it's just that winterboard is not working but everything else is. Need help some authentic help to fix this problem
    Last edited by Hugo Rosstein; 10-17-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost