Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

Thanks

[RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

Smile top dog
    3gs 3.1.2 on windows xp work great just put cydia back on thanks mate

Green Apple
    Thanks
    okay what the hell i tried twice, once it got to running and nothing happened and then it said going into recovery and opened itunes and thats it.. then after 2 minutes i canceled it and had to do a full god damn restore and i dont want to try again til i know it will work

vista 64bit iphone 3g

Hi.. I have JB my 3GS. was simple and quick.

I do have a problem with the wife's iphone 3G

I am running Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1

iphone is a 3G 8GB version

I have updated it to 3.1.2 and then closed itunes and run blackra1n and either blackba1n stops at "entering recovery mode" or stops at "running" iPhone reboots and all I get is the connect to itunes screen and itunes says I have to do a restore. I do this and the cycle starts again.. I have tried running blackra1n in XP compatibility mode too but no luck..

has anyone had luck getting a 3g working?

no mac users yet?
    damn need to go back to pc now

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just want to double check but if I update to anything above 3.0.1 I will no longer be able to tether. Is that correct? Just making sure I haven't missed any news.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrs View Post

I have updated it to 3.1.2 and then closed itunes and run blackra1n and either blackba1n stops at "entering recovery mode" or stops at "running" iPhone reboots and all I get is the connect to itunes screen and itunes says I have to do a restore. I do this and the cycle starts again.. I have tried running blackra1n in XP compatibility mode too but no luck..

not that i know of. geohot still considers it a success though... even though here i am with usb to itunes running for 5 minutes. on my 3rd try with a completely restored iphone 3g

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnrs View Post

Had the same problem on a different OS (See my header to the top right).

What worked for me was doing a fresh restore in iTunes to 3.1.2, letting iTunes activate the iPhone but when it asks you to set up as a new iphone or restore from backup, close out iTunes and then run blackra1n. Others have said that switching USB ports will sometimes help, but I didn't have to.

Successfully JB a 3G 8GB using above method, although it did take some trial and error and multiple attempts. If it doesn't work after a minute or so, hard boot your phone and try running blackra1n again.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiserai For This Useful Post:

davebaby (10-11-2009), Dollfayce (10-11-2009)

Default try this
    people having issues when it gets frozen on restore icon on phone try a DIFFERENT USB PORT! Worked a charm for me after 8 failures

going to try and JB my wife's iphone 3G on my vista laptop as this has SP2 and see what happens

Thanks

you can add it again..IF you wanted to.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

I got my 3Gs yesterday and was ready to wait. To my surprise I didn't have to wait long :-)
    This JB is the fastest and greatest EVER.

Thanx

this jailbreak is the best jailbreak yet, dont on Windows 7 64bit, in 30 secs.

Thanks

I had to restore to factory...i downloaded cydia and icy, then couldnt get rid of icy. Then downloaded winterboard and nothing would work (i.e user wallpaper is one of them)gonna try again

i have upgraded my iphone3gs to 3.1 can i use blackra1n to jailbreak my mobile or not plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me

So when's someone gonna do the the transfer for mac?

What a god...when other people are scratching their heads for the next jb geohots got it already

Having same issues here on xp sp2.

tryed 3 different USB ports. Also tryed doing through a hub. Also tryed unplugging and plugging back in.

No joy in successfully making it blackrain on my iPhone 3G 16GB.

Still awesome work Geohot.

Ive been working on this for an hour and 40 minutes so far, ive tried restoring, using compatibility mode (both xp and vista), as well as trying different usb ports. So far from what ive read there has been 1-2 people that have been able to get this to work for the 3g. Im using W7. I guess just time to sit back and wait until the issues have been worked out.

Speed how to how did it work for me for all who have stucked on "running"

1. connect working iphone to the pc
    2. itusnes should start or if not - make it working
    3. start blackra1n and do as it says
    4. once you see the picture of the geohot face - just wait about 30 sec once iphone reboots
    5. go to iphone and select blackra1n icon
    6. select apps to install: cydia/rock or icy

enjoy

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 ... LastLast