+ Reply
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by 40_ounce blackra1n= fail. Plus no support from geohot...... I should have never used any other JB than dev-tem. dev-team for the win. Finally got it to work.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40_ounce View Post
    blackra1n= fail. Plus no support from geohot...... I should have never used any other JB than dev-tem. dev-team for the win.
    Finally got it to work. Search youtube for the fix. if you need the link I'll post it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok first of all this Jailbreak is amazing, well at least for my phone...

My only problem is when I used it to jailbreak a 32gb iTouch. Everything seems to work fine, but if for some reason if the device needs to reboot or turn off, when turning back on I get the connect to iTunes screen. I found that by connecting it back to the computer and clicking "make it rain" again it gets it out of that mode and back to normal + jailbreak.

I haven't taken the time to check all the posts to see if anyone else had this problem. But if there is a fix that doesn't require restoring, that would be great.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 10-14-2009 at 02:51 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I upgraded my phone to 3.1.2 but noticed all my apps and music remained on the phone. I tried using blackra1n with no success. I tried all the different tech I then connected to Itunes, backed up my phone, put my phone into DFU mode, restored back to factory which used 3.1.2 and upgraded carrier settings. Then blackra1n worked like a charm. done in 30 seconds. I was able to sync my apps and music back onto my phone. Hope this helps someone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice, and keep up the good work to get unlock and hacktivate on it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobberBoy View Post
    try my method, i had same problem as u.. right click the blackrain icon and run as and untick "run my computer...." and click ok. hope it helps.. thats considering u run XP SP3..
    Thanks so very much! tried everything and then saw you post.worked great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

plugged in, upgraded to 3.1.2, tried to "make it ra1n" - stuck on "waiting for itunes" logo
    turned off iphone, quit itunes, disconnect iphone, run "make it rain", plug iphone.
    30 seconds later it is JBed. synced from itunes, set up Cydia, restored with AptBackup - same phone i had 1 hour ago but with 3.1.2
    that was definitely faster then my first jailbreak

Thanks

The Dev Team have released pwnage 3.14 which preserves your BB and does other things but if you just want to JB the BlackRa1n is easiest.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah man...!! Just got my iphone 3GS and have jailbroken straigh away...

Thanks

Can someone please post me a link to an UN-modified services.plist?

I tried to edit mine so I could use iphonebrowser and I accidently copied over the original, now my phone cannot be recognized by itunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grahame View Post
    Guys, I have been messing around for AGES on this, on a few different PCs and OSs and I finally got it to work by going to start - run - services.msc

then I disabled and stopped the bonjour service and the iphone service. Then I retried and it worked perfectly. I restarted the services to the way they were before afterwards

Hope that helps someone.
    I am on windows 7 64 bit but the above should work for all

G.
    You rock dude!!!! This works!!!

Thanks
    is blackra1n not supported for ppc macs??? it wont open says its not supported on this architeture???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Change Ports
    I had problem after problem after problem with Blackra1n not working. Tried for hours. Then saw were someone said to change USB ports. Tried it and it worked perfectly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chadgraves7814 For This Useful Post:

mike1114 (10-14-2009)

Thanks

chadgraves7814 THANKS.

I changed ports now all is well with itunes and iphonebrowser.

So for now on, will the port that was giving me problems not work? If so, can I fix it somehow? Reboot, new driver, something?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone tell me what sms or complete theme that is in the screenshot...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manley40oz View Post
    Can someone tell me what sms or complete theme that is in the screenshot...
    iRealSMS2.0 its in cydia. 10 day free trail, pay for otherwise. Its really cool cause you can hit your volume button to bring up the text window from any program, even in the lockscreen!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So what do you do if you plug your 3G into the comp, click make it rain, phone reboots and locks up on the connect to itunes screen. Hard reset doesnt work, nothing works, and itunes wont detect it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default After Cydia, iPhone won't restart
    Quote Originally Posted by iPh0n3F4n4tic View Post
    I need some help. I've gone through this thread and looked for the answer to my issue, but wasn't able to find it.

DEVICE and OS:
    3GS 16GB
    WIN XP SP3

Yesterday, I had successfully downloaded the official 3.1.2 FW from Apple and then successfully jailbroke my iPhone. I was able to install Cydia and download stuff just fine. This morning, I had tried to download some more stuff from Cydia, but it kept crashing. I went to reboot my phone using SBSettings. When I tried to turn the phone back on, the Apple boot screen comes on for about 10 seconds, and then cuts off. The phone won't go past that point. Even after connecting to my computer, it won't do anything else. My computer won't recognize it, so I can't restore.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
    3GS, 32 GB
    Mac OSX Leopard

I'm having this exact same problem. I got Cydia, installed Winterboard, it went to reboot and will not come on and stay on now. This is very much a problem.

Please help me and other person out. What can we do??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agudan View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!!!! I FINALLY GOT IT! IM SO FREAKIN HAPPY!!! i just got home from a ****** day at work cuz i had been trying for these past few days and no cigar.....

here is what i did, i am running vista home edition:
    i right clicked on blackra1n and went into compatibility and unchecked windows xp, unblocked it then applied the settings. i then held down Control, Alt, Delete then opened task manager. once that opened then i stopped service on Bonjour, ipod then went into processes and turned off ituneshelper. after i did that i closed it then i right clicked on blackra1n and ran as admin. i clicked make it rain then it got stuck on the itunes/usb screen. then i held down the power and home button down until it flashed. as soon as it flashed i let go. the congrats jailbreak came out. i didnt click the OK button or close blackra1n. my phone didnt restart automatically, i then opened up another blackra1n in admin mode but didnt make it rain yet. i then turned on my phone and in the apple screen i made it rain and it said waiting for iphone. blackra1n read my phone and it automatically went into the geohot screen.
    i had tryed everything everyone had posted and i realized that the thing that works is that you have to take off the compatibility to XP and turn off bonjour, ipod and ituneshelper. NOT APPLE MOBILE DEVICE.
    i hope this works for you!
    please let me know if it does!!!

i am extremely happy that i got it to work. i am most def gonna pay this man some cash!!!!!!!!
    Ok, I followed your instructions after attempting at least 4 others and I don't know if a combination of this and that worked, but the point is, I got the geo pic after doing something you specifically pointed out.
    I am a vista home 32-bit user. I had the program in the C directory. Ran it as an admin. Just like many posts in this thread instructed. I didn't think I still had bonjour installed, but never bothered to check the services tab in Task Manager. I kept turning off the apple processes, but never looked to the services. After turning the services off for both "Bonjour Service" and "ipod Service", I was successful.

Green Apple
    Thanks

by accident my friend told me if i could jailbreak his 3G S so i told him to upgrade to 3.1.2 and he did not do it. So i did not check his phone before the jailbreak and the blackra1n work perfect and it jailbroke his iphone on 3.1 instead of 3.1.2. So i guess it does work on 3.1 you dont have to upgrade but it's recommended.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So will this wipe out all my jailbeak settings if I upgrade from 3.0? Ive been reading through the pages but must have missed the answer somewhere