+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBike: Phone, Music, GPS and Radar Detector on Two Wheels

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
here in Florida it's illegal to have earbuds "in" your ears, if you have a headset in the helmet even if it's stereo it's ok, it's probably very similar in
    Thanks

here in Florida it's illegal to have earbuds "in" your ears, if you have a headset in the helmet even if it's stereo it's ok, it's probably very similar in other places, you guys should check and make sure if that's what they mean and then get yourselves a good bluetooth stereo headset! (they rock! I use chatterbox xBi units, they work with iPhones!) at high speeds with loud pipes, I can still hear the Music! (google them up for info, you will love them!)

as far as the armband goes, I use my iPhone without the need, just setup a playlist and use bluetooth to connect to helmet, and then if phone rings I answer by hitting a button, I have no need to call out but it would do that too. I know that with my style of riding the less distractions the better so I try and keep it simple and choose a playlist for my mood when I start, then let it go. - Bluetooth, gotta love it!

Last edited by angry_kreyon; 10-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    getting better all the time!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahffk1100 View Post
    what do you mean by you taped down a piece of paper with instructuions on your gas tank?
    ^ Taping it down was the only solution for me until now! I'm definitely gonna get this after i read about 100 more reviews of it lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

thats sick

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I need this!
    I have been stoked since getting my motorola rokr bt headset, works great under my helmet for some clean loud wireless enjoyment while on my bike, but I still had to keep my phone in my pocket. This device is my missing link, thanks for the review!

Green Apple
    Thanks

like stated earlier it sucks that it won't work with gloves. a good step towards something usable nonetheless

Thanks

This looks like it would be hard to operate , and they should of called it the Predator , because it resembles the gadget the Predator used in the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.

Thanks

Its a must. I wonder what would happen if i took that onto the track....

I'd rather be on two wheels.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm anxious to hear from someone who has actually bought this ... what is the quality of the arm pouch. If this is crappy vinyl with even crappier vinyl "piping" around the edges I'm not too interested. If it looks of decent quality and seems like it will stand up to daily use I'd definitely order one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I've had a handlebar mount and an in-helmet Bluetooth kit for my 3G since November of last year (and had a charge-through A2DP adapter because that predates FW3.0 w/ A2DP/AVRCP). That said, I did lose a phone to water damage when I crossed the country in December (it was in my pocket; not the handlebar mount).

Come on! Am I the only one riding a baby Ninja?!

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
    Agreed..Great invention, altho ive been told using headphones while riding is illegal. I still do it tho
    Only in some places. For example, in the US, it differs by state but the vast majority allow it. In some states you can, others you can't, and still others you can but they must output mono (can still be two speakers). Remember, earplugs are suggested to motorcycle riders to protect their hearing. Also, bike cops have in-helmet radios/intercoms.

I have a GMAX 58S helmet and it actually has pockets for helmet speakers. I installed a Parrot SK4000 Bluteooth kit. Other than the ridiculously loud whistling the helmet makes, my only problem is the damned handlebar remote's range is terrible (I have to lean toward it which is worse than just putting the buttons on the helmet).

Now, has anyone solved the glove problem? All the solutions I see either expose the thumbs or are meant for insulation, not venthilation/protection. What we need is a DIY to attach the "buttons" from, say, dotsgloves.com to any set of riding gloves. This thing absolutely should come with a solution to that too.

FWIW, the Parrot SK4000 syncs with your phonebook/contact list and adds voice dial to any phone, so it doesn't need a 3GS for voice dialing like this kit appears to require.

Quote Originally Posted by didupart13 View Post
    ^ Taping it down was the only solution for me until now! I'm definitely gonna get this after i read about 100 more reviews of it lol
    His confusion comes from where you called it "instructions" instead of "directions."

Anyway, I have a tank bag with a clear pocket for inserting directions. Works great and keeps 'em right in front of me.
    Last edited by CZroe; 10-09-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ukoda View Post
    Actually it's great timing with summer almost here. Can't wait for December / January and the summer holidays here in New Zealand.

VTR1000 Superhawk

I had one, just sold it a few months ago, 2003 in Blue. V-Twin sportbikes are a BLAST Wheelies anytime, anyplace

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12