Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Customer Threatens To Pop a Cap In His iPhone At Apple Store

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Union Square, Somerville, Mass.
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 995 Times in 401 Posts

    Default Customer Threatens To Pop a Cap In His iPhone At Apple Store


    A man who threatened to "pop a 9mm (Parabellum round) in" his iPhone at an Apple Store in Ohio was removed from the store by police, and charged with misdemeanor offense. No one was injured in the incident.

    Donald Goodrich, 38, brought his iPhone to the Kenwood Towne Center Apple Store in Cincinnati, Ohio on Thursday. The phone was exhibiting some unspecified error that was causing Goodrich enormous frustration. To illustrate his point, Goodrich lifted his shirt and revealed a handgun, which he is legally entitled to carry under his Ohio state concealed weapons permit. Goodrich was quoted as saying Im so mad, I could pop a 9mm at his iPhone, and further warning Ill do it right now! Look! as he showed the store employee his gun. The employee, thinking fast, led Goodrich over to some poor Genius Bar tech, who delayed him somehow as the police were called.

    Upon arrival, the police arrested Goodrich for "aggravated menacing" of the first employee, and also cited him for not immediately informing the police he was carrying a weapon, which is a condition of the concealed weapons permit.

    I hope that Genius Bar tech gets a raise.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

    robinjindal (10-06-2009)

  3. #2
    iPhoneaholic plcrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    380
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts

    wow i take it shooting ur iphone isnt under warranty lol

  4. #3
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Perfectly understandable. He should have been allowed to do it.

    The majority of genius's at apple stores are little hair gel wearing weenies, I bet they all shat themselves. Most people would assume the guy is just pissed and has a permit to carry the weapon.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  5. #4
    As a gun owner who also has a CCW, I would never ever do something as stupid as this (flashing a hidden gun, maybe he even touched it too?). He deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows. We don't need people getting upset at their phone and getting out a gun, especially in public. These kinds of people should not have access to firearms ever.

    If this guy can't contain himself over such a trivial incident as a phone not working correctly, what happens when something serious actually happens to this person? I don't want to be anywhere near his line of fire.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

    akashi (10-07-2009), ipoong (10-05-2009), Kiserai (10-05-2009)

  7. #5
    Holy **** this is the mall right by my house. I was actually at that apple store Wednesday. Weird.

  8. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iN2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    I have a many weapons but I never feel like destroying any of my things that frustrate me...because I don't want to buy it again. lol

    wtf?
    Last edited by iN2K; 10-03-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,023
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 788 Times in 731 Posts

    Iphones are great phones ..... when they work . Wonder if Nokia or Rimm garner similar frustrations?

    (Notice how I ignored the gun part (haha)).

  10. #8
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    That...is...stupid. Has he ever tried customer service or troubleshooting? What an idiot.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

    ipoong (10-05-2009)

  12. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    lmao he wanted to bust a cap on his iphone. sounds like video game anger to me.

  13. #10
    HAHA, I had a guy come to get his 3GS Digitizer repaired today.He couldn't come so he sent his "driver" to get the phone repaired. I explained to the driver before the repair that the 3GS repair cost would be $125. He agreed and I began the repair. After I removed the broken digi, he stopped me and handed me the phone, it was his boss. He told me he wasn't paying $125 for the repair because he was told, by his secretary, it was $100 previously in the week. I explained to him that when his secretary had called, she asked for the price of a 3G repair and not the 3GS and that if she had informed us it was a 3GS she would have been told it was $125. He flipped out and said he can afford to pay it but refuses based on "principal". I told him again, this is the price and I cannot do it for any less. He said stop the repair now and give him the phone back. I explained that the phone was already mid repair and just needed the replacement digitizer at this point. He still told me to stop and give his driver the phone back. I then told him I would only be charging him $25 for the labor on removing the broken glass (I figured it was fair). He began screaming louder that if I even try to charge him for anything he will drive down here and deal with me himself. I said, Come on down. He arrived, grabbed his phone, and smashed the phone on the wall and then threw it into the street and said, "See! I told you this phone doesn't mean sh!t to me and I can afford to buy another one, but I wont pay you sh!t." I just laughed and said, well now you need to pay $699 to replace it

    Point is, people are nuts...What he didn't realize is that my neighbor is a cop and was standing behind him the whole time. He gave me the $25 and got a ticket for littering!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

    mafo5000 (10-04-2009), mdc929 (10-04-2009), NHSKayak (10-03-2009), OneRing2Rule (10-05-2009), reanimationxp (10-04-2009), Rota (10-04-2009), tonightalive (10-04-2009)

  15. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    1,004
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts

    What a dumb-***
    Funny story, I used my headphone for training, and sweat got into the buttons on the headphone. After coupe of month the buttons stop working. Since the phone is still under warranty, they just replaced it at the store. All of the employees at the Apple store are very nice and helpful. Except for this one guy. He told me that the warranty doesn't cover that and make me buy a new one. That dude make me so mad. I have to avoid him every time I went into the store.

  16. #12
    Other than actually bringing a gun, who hasn't been that frustrated with apple and their phone inside that creepy apple store. All i'm saying is that I know where he is coming from, I should not have to take a road trip to repair my iPhone's faulty speaker.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nv1dia For This Useful Post:

    ipoong (10-05-2009)

  18. #13
    melech518-That's the greatest iPhone story ever.
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to mattharris85 For This Useful Post:

    Melech518 (10-03-2009)

  20. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    HAHA, I had a guy come to get his 3GS Digitizer repaired today.He couldn't come so he sent his "driver" to get the phone repaired. I explained to the driver before the repair that the 3GS repair cost would be $125. He agreed and I began the repair. After I removed the broken digi, he stopped me and handed me the phone, it was his boss. He told me he wasn't paying $125 for the repair because he was told, by his secretary, it was $100 previously in the week. I explained to him that when his secretary had called, she asked for the price of a 3G repair and not the 3GS and that if she had informed us it was a 3GS she would have been told it was $125. He flipped out and said he can afford to pay it but refuses based on "principal". I told him again, this is the price and I cannot do it for any less. He said stop the repair now and give him the phone back. I explained that the phone was already mid repair and just needed the replacement digitizer at this point. He still told me to stop and give his driver the phone back. I then told him I would only be charging him $25 for the labor on removing the broken glass (I figured it was fair). He began screaming louder that if I even try to charge him for anything he will drive down here and deal with me himself. I said, Come on down. He arrived, grabbed his phone, and smashed the phone on the wall and then threw it into the street and said, "See! I told you this phone doesn't mean sh!t to me and I can afford to buy another one, but I wont pay you sh!t." I just laughed and said, well now you need to pay $699 to replace it

    Point is, people are nuts...What he didn't realize is that my neighbor is a cop and was standing behind him the whole time. He gave me the $25 and got a ticket for littering!
    Wow...amazing what some people are capable of doing. Did you get his trashed phone and kept the parts? lol
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  21. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts

    I live in Florida and I have a CCW but here if any part of your gun is seen by anyone you can be arrested. It must remain consealed at all times unless you plan on using it. Even if I bent over to pick something up off the ground and it was seen under my shirt I could be arrested. Very strict here in Florida but I don't mind.

  22. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Wow...amazing what some people are capable of doing. Did you get his trashed phone and kept the parts? lol
    No, the cop made him take it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    I live in Florida and I have a CCW but here if any part of your gun is seen by anyone you can be arrested. It must remain consealed at all times unless you plan on using it. Even if I bent over to pick something up off the ground and it was seen under my shirt I could be arrested. Very strict here in Florida but I don't mind.
    I have a CCW as well, and it is perfectly legal to have it visible. I carry mine on my hip some times in plain sight. The laws here in FL are not strict actually, you just cannot carry in certain places. I dont know who gave you that information but you have been misinformed...
    Last edited by Melech518; 10-03-2009 at 09:30 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  23. #17
    iPhoneaholic plcrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    380
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts

    that...is...stupid. Has he ever tried customer service or troubleshooting? What an idiot.
    he did a bit of trouble shooting lol

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to plcrules For This Useful Post:

    reanimationxp (10-04-2009)

  25. #18
    I carry every day and was taught as a youngster you do not play or brandish a firearm, unless you plan to use it. But that said I had a nextel phone that sucked and would show great signal, go to use it and would drop the call,well one day working in the backforty it was acting up and I laid it on a stump and put it out of my misery. It also was a $50 phone not $600.

  26. #19
    603Doug, new hampshire?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  27. #20
    Wow. That guy needs some anger management counseling. Explosive rage like that over a PHONE? Sure, I have felt frustrated with customer service too, but to show a weapon is just moronic--and dangerous. Glad the Apple employees kept a cool head, who knows what the jerk would have done? They weren't "weenies" as one poster suggested--what, should they have like gotten into a duel with this guy? There were innocent bystanders there and that was menacing.

    I think Ohio's concealed carry law is idiotic, anyway (I am a former Ohioan).

    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    No, the cop made him take it lol


    I have a CCW as well, and it is perfectly legal to have it visible. I carry mine on my hip a lot of times in plain sight.


    Seriously? Do you have a gunbelt? Do you wear a cowboy outfit, too? Is Florida that bad you need to walk around like Wyatt Earp?
    Last edited by HappyBunny; 10-03-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •