Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customer Threatens To Pop a Cap In His iPhone At Apple Store

I'm so glad I live in a country where we don't have people carrying guns.
    Melech518 would probably have shot me for the thumbs downs....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    As a gun owner who also has a CCW, I would never ever do something as stupid as this (flashing a hidden gun, maybe he even touched it too?). He deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows. We don't need people getting upset at their phone and getting out a gun, especially in public. These kinds of people should not have access to firearms ever.

If this guy can't contain himself over such a trivial incident as a phone not working correctly, what happens when something serious actually happens to this person? I don't want to be anywhere near his line of fire.
    Having my own CCW I wholeheartedly agree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    That...is...stupid. Has he ever tried customer service or troubleshooting? What an idiot.
    I think he wanted to try "troubleshooting" his phone but the police showed up to soon
    Last edited by eremeya; 10-04-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Goes to show you how powerful the iPhone is. He was so frustrated with his phone he pull his gun? Most people normal people would have not did this.... his behavior is called addiction! LOL

Apple you might want to add therapists in your stores as well for the people with OCD.... LOLOL

"Always remember your special and unique!"

The iPhone was going to explode. It was self defense.

Thanks

He would lose his CCW permit if this happened in MI, and also be charged with a felony. Not sure if this apple store mentioned is inside of a mall, but, in MI you can't carry in any public places that hold more than 250 people I think.
    useful? hit the thanks button!

More than 250?? Better read the statute again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    HAHA, I had a guy come to get his 3GS Digitizer repaired today.He couldn't come so he sent his "driver" to get the phone repaired. I explained to the driver before the repair that the 3GS repair cost would be $125. He agreed and I began the repair. After I removed the broken digi, he stopped me and handed me the phone, it was his boss. He told me he wasn't paying $125 for the repair because he was told, by his secretary, it was $100 previously in the week. I explained to him that when his secretary had called, she asked for the price of a 3G repair and not the 3GS and that if she had informed us it was a 3GS she would have been told it was $125. He flipped out and said he can afford to pay it but refuses based on "principal". I told him again, this is the price and I cannot do it for any less. He said stop the repair now and give him the phone back. I explained that the phone was already mid repair and just needed the replacement digitizer at this point. He still told me to stop and give his driver the phone back. I then told him I would only be charging him $25 for the labor on removing the broken glass (I figured it was fair). He began screaming louder that if I even try to charge him for anything he will drive down here and deal with me himself. I said, Come on down. He arrived, grabbed his phone, and smashed the phone on the wall and then threw it into the street and said, "See! I told you this phone doesn't mean sh!t to me and I can afford to buy another one, but I wont pay you sh!t." I just laughed and said, well now you need to pay $699 to replace it

Point is, people are nuts...What he didn't realize is that my neighbor is a cop and was standing behind him the whole time. He gave me the $25 and got a ticket for littering!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattharris85 View Post
    melech518-That's the greatest iPhone story ever.
    definitely..
    great story

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I'm so glad I live in a country where we don't have people carrying guns.
    Melech518 would probably have shot me for the thumbs downs....
    Nah, just pistol whip ya
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

sweet this guy is my hero he had the apple market cornered, maybe he was from google secretly!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

haha i live about 10 minutes away! i just saw this on the local news.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

I guess I'm not the only one with battery problems

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBunny View Post
    I think Ohio's concealed carry law is idiotic, anyway (I am a former Ohioan).
    ?
    As a former Ohioan that moved to California, I would gladly embrace Ohio's concealed carry law.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBunny View Post
    Well, actually, I dont have one, since I am a girl, so no need for me to be showing off with guns or anything else macho. But thanks!
    I'm a girl too. And I do feel the need to show off with my guns (at the range, when I practice) but is it my fault if I'm a better shot than most of the guys there? (It just seemed kind of silly and sexist to imply that girls don't like or have any use for guns. Maybe not what you intended, but how it came across.)

But to get back on topic. It's really kind of sad to get so upset at your device that you destroy it. I really wouldn't get much satisfaction out of having to buy a new one just because I couldn't control myself. (That's not to say that it won't someday be used for target practice once I've upgraded!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I'm gonna pop a cap in a cap.... now what????
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

LMAO! Did they have a sign stating no guns allowed? He obviously felt threatened by it...... I smell movie deal!

Default haha this is by me
    Police: Man Frustrated Over iPhone Takes Gun To Ohio Apple Store - News Story - WEWS Cleveland

So this is close to me. WTF crazy *** people. next thing you know there are going to be anit-iphone-violence activist to add to this story.
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

I was standing right next to this guy when this happened. About 8 cops came in the store, one brushed me to the side, while another grabbed his arms. They pulled back his shirt to reveal the gun and abruptly forced him out of the store. This was nothing more than ignorant white trash, trying to look like Mr. Cool by carrying a weapon and actually showing it off to someone in public. He had no intentions of actually acting on what he was saying. He was just standing next to me, browsing the iPhone cases. Just proof that someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool, in the trailer park where he probably resides. Case closed.

this dude is an idiot thats why he has an error on his iphone and he had a gun an showed it off. thats explains it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Melechs story is a riot... People are nuts...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post

A man who threatened to "pop a 9mm (Parabellum round) in" his iPhone at an Apple Store in Ohio was removed from the store by police, and charged with misdemeanor offense. No one was injured in the incident.

Donald Goodrich, 38, brought his iPhone to the Kenwood Towne Center Apple Store in Cincinnati, Ohio on Thursday. The phone was exhibiting some unspecified error that was causing Goodrich enormous frustration. To illustrate his point, Goodrich lifted his shirt and revealed a handgun, which he is legally entitled to carry under his Ohio state concealed weapons permit. Goodrich was quoted as saying Im so mad, I could pop a 9mm at his iPhone, and further warning Ill do it right now! Look! as he showed the store employee his gun. The employee, thinking fast, led Goodrich over to some poor Genius Bar tech, who delayed him somehow as the police were called.

Upon arrival, the police arrested Goodrich for "aggravated menacing" of the first employee, and also cited him for not immediately informing the police he was carrying a weapon, which is a condition of the concealed weapons permit.

I hope that Genius Bar tech gets a raise.

Brilliant, betcha if he was a colored guy like me he woulda been shot lol

That is just a retarded comment? Not everything is about race...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast