Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 3.1 with PwnageTool 3.1.3

Check under guides on the home page. If your iphone is running stock 3.1 and has never been jailbroken, then it is not possible to do so for now.

Thanks

That's only for the 3GS. Does not apply to the 3G.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

But with BlackRa1n now out, all devices can be JB - just not unlocked.

Last edited by confucious; 10-11-2009 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

All devices that are running 3.1FW and 3.1.2FW?

Thanks

^mhm.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

For?

Default FIX for 1600 / 1604 error
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    I have tried everything, my advice is to restore to 3.0 and sit tight until someone has a firm resolution.

iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 Jailbroken - PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released

they are having the same issue.

I read somewhere about someone having an issue with a 2G & tried the fix on my 3GS. It works!!

Instead of using DFU mode - just leave the phone one & restore from the custom firmware.
    Remember to hold down option & click restore - navigate to your PWNEd custom firmware & go. VOILA!

Hope you spend less time trying to figure it out than I did!

Just to clarify - If you have an error "can not restore iPhone" with error 1600 try without DFU mode it works.

I can confirm tis using a Mac, PWNAGE 3.1.3 on a 32Gig 3GS - then used Cydia for my JB apps - then restored from backup then installed Ultrasn0w - all up & running with no network lock
    Last edited by ploth; 10-13-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Pwnage up to 3.1.2 on my 3GS worked like a charm. Now iTunes is asking if I want to update the carrier settings, gut instinct is saying it will update the modem FW to 5.11.07.

Carrier settings are just that, afaik. They just will allow you to have MMS.

What is BB supposed to mean?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to d111 For This Useful Post:

mrguy (10-20-2009)

BB in relation to the iPhone, is the BaseBand which is shown as 'Modem FW' under settings.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What is BB supposed to mean?

boobs lol ...baseband

BB can, of couerse, also stand for BroadBand (which I used to have until VirginMedia tried to update it)or BlackBerry among other things.

But in the context of this forum it usually means BaseBand.

I got the same exact thing. Don't know what to do now. Poorly written tutorial.

I followed it just fine, and I'm 62 and pretty much of a doofus. Where, exactly, are you stuck?

What is this DFU mode and how do I not use it when jailbreaking my phone?

Anyone, thanks.

I'm getting error code 1604 and a message saying my phone can't be restored. I followed the directions exactly to the T, twice. I'm doing it again right now. Hopefully, this time it will work.

Too bad I'm not 62. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Just got the error 1604 message again.

Someone please help me. My phone is stuck in restore mode. If I could afford it I'd just buy a different phone. I can't take this phone anymore.
    Last edited by dc2610; 11-09-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To enter Restore Mode: Turn off phone. Hold down home button. Plug in phone to USB.

Restore will begin.

As to stuck in (you say) Restore mode (or is it Recovery?). Google: "iphone stuck in restore mode" or "iphone stuck in recovery mode" for answers. I use a Mac, so I'm not going to be much help here for you with that part.

OR you could do a search here and: My Iphone is Stuck in Recovery Mode I've tried every thing and is not working
    Last edited by mr117; 11-09-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    To enter Restore Mode: Turn off phone. Hold down home button. Plug in phone to USB.

Restore will begin.

As to stuck in (you say) Restore mode (or is it Recovery?). Google: "iphone stuck in restore mode" or "iphone stuck in recovery mode" for answers. I use a Mac, so I'm not going to be much help here for you with that part.

OR you could do a search here and: My Iphone is Stuck in Recovery Mode I've tried every thing and is not working
    Thanks appreciate the help. I'm using my mother's macbook pro. Still not working. I've given up on jailbreaking. I think I'll just learn to live with a regular iphone until I can afford a totally different phone. I never want to go through this again.

For all those that dont have a Mac I have manage to get the following all done at my Win7 PC.

First download from piratebay or demonoid the Mac OS x Vmware version, it should take a while but totally recommended.

Then get vmplayer and intall it

Now run vmplayer and run the vmware image you downloaded prior, now you ahve a mac on your pc. Then run PT on the mac and I recommend getting back to windows wth your custom ipsw on a flash prior to restore as the apple key dont works well on the virtual machine besides security reason just to be safe.

Now Im at 3.1.3 on my 3G keeping my baseband and all runned smoth only carrier logo lost but Im glad it dissapeared I preaffer this way.

Thanks Dev Team

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021