Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 Jailbroken - PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released

Thanks

I just wanted to be sure. all this talk about "jailbreak- no jaiklbreak. Lose jb FOREVER. ECID on file. DO NOT RESTORE. use this use that." It takes a while for people to get on same page it seems. I also have several friends I usually have to help with their jb, so I like to have as much info as possible.
    Thanks, for the help.
    One more question, though, does is matter at all now that I have my ECID on file?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok can someone please help me I was jailbroken on 3gs 3.0.1 then I downloaded something from cydia and my phone would not boot up so I had to restore. And It friken upgraded to 3.1 so now what do I do I used redsnow to jailbreak it originally and when I opened cydia it said I had that ECID on file. How do I downgrade or get my jailbreak back I really dont care about the unlock

There is no Windows version of PwnageTool it is a Mac OS X tool only, we are not developing a Windows version of PwnageTool.
    so who is doing the windows version?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to silent1643 For This Useful Post:

zoblue (10-02-2009)

Wow everybody is hijacking the thread

If ur post isnt related to the topic then look for the proper topic to post it under...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Assuming I got my hands on a custom firmware would I use the current version of redsnow to go to 3.1 on PC? I got a 3G[s] 3.0 JB with stored ECID. Thanks

@silent

Nobody will develop it but someone will create a cstom ipsw that windows users can use with itunes to achieve the same result methinks?

Thanks

Hijacking its a simple question related to the convo!

REMEMBER, chances are you're going to restore the custom firmware via itunes so make sure you READ SAURIK'S GUIDE TO BYPASS APPLE'S DEFAULT SIGNATURE SERVER just to be safe:
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Ok, so while making my pwn'd firmware, i came across these 2 windows that looked a bit different. i just want to make sure it's what it's supposed to be and not some isolated incident.

Bootneuter Settings:

some options have been grey'd out

General Settings:

Note, the size of the partition doesn't have to be 801mb, but that's not important, what IS are the grey'd out options

so some questions come into mind:
    1. are the grey'd out options intentional by dev team or is my build of pwnagetool defective in some way or form (mind you, TPB was down and i got it from an unnoficial mirror from the dev team site

2. i previously pwned this 3G[S] with redsn0w/FW3.0, so by making the custom firmware on pwnagetool, i can be able to preserve my carrier unlock, right?

@hydro

i think so as long as the unlocked baseband isnt upgraded the unlock will remain

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it possible to run PwnageTool on windows pc while running something like vmware to make a virtual mac operating system in my windows vista operating system??? or is there any other way to run mac programs in windows???

Thanks.

i can make a .ipsw for you folks on windows. tell me what you want and i'll upload it to a sharing site for you to download.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to supershick For This Useful Post:

blandv (10-03-2009), iPhoneAndrew (10-06-2009), jayman5446 (10-02-2009), jNewbbie4 (10-03-2009), peteo (10-02-2009)

Thanks
    Great just one step closer to getting redsn0w.... Great job guys.... keep up the hard work.....thanx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rolialex831 For This Useful Post:

dmaximob (10-02-2009)

yay! one step closer... thank you.

--Of all the things I've lost, I miss my memory the most..

Hi,

I have a 3G[S] running stock 3.0.1. Can I use redsn0w to jailbreak it then use pwnagetool to upgrade to 3.1?

Thanks!
    -X

Thanks

Supershick you can make that ispw file will I be able to restore to that file like for example a 3.0 or 3.0.1 so I can rejailbreak using redsnow or does it only apply for the mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joec2 View Post
    This is stupid!
    Someone needs to get off their lazy asses, and do something for the other 75% of the world, with Windows and a 3.0.1 3G that was jb and unlocked with redsn0w and ultrasn0w.
    and that someone should be you if you think you can do it better or faster if not STFU! its not like you have to pay for it, and clearly you don't know what it takes to do this, so have some resepct and patience. you cannot complain about waiting for something that you put no effort into and are not paying for.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dm2017 For This Useful Post:

blandv (10-03-2009), dmaximob (10-02-2009)

@hydro

I think one of the major reasons behind this project is to create a 3.1 fw that uses the same 3.0 baseband which was succesfully unlocked. The other reason is to maintain ur jb methinks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kambozza For This Useful Post:

hydroabiscuit (10-02-2009)

Thanks

lmfao!!!!! this is friken ridic people are lucky they can do this for free in the first place

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yay i been waitin for dis since i got my 3gs

i can make a general ipsw for you guys and then you can just restore using itunes. i'm going to make the partition size 801MB. Let me know if you guys want more.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to supershick For This Useful Post:

blandv (10-03-2009)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast