Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS OS 3.1 Pwned? Sorta...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnrs View Post
    So quick question if someone can answer. I am on 3.1 now, but I was on 3.0.1 and had it jailbroken but foolishly restored and updated to 3.1

Does this mean that that I (and others like me) will be ok to jailbreak??

Thanks
    NOT with the devteam's method as mentioned in my post..

I'm still waiting to upgrade my iTouch. But whatever, I'm not sure it's even worth it to upgrade considering all I'll really be getting is some extra iTunes crap I don't need.

Here is a question I was able to jailbreak my iphone 3gs by using some Saurik method to downgrade to 3.0 then I used redsnOw to finish the job and it worked expect I didn't get phone service, wifi worked got to go into cydia see what I have been missing since I upgraded to 3.1 my since I had no phone service I upgraded again to 3.1 with no problem, my question is will I be able to downgrade again, and use the new method once its released or am I out of luck ?

So the link that shows you how to get the necessary files for the 3.1 says you need iTunes 8.2. Im not sure if I have that itunes or not. Is there a way to get an older version of itunes if I have a more current one?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

Horray!!! Thats Me!

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    NOT with the devteam's method as mentioned in my post..
    dam it. Why oh why did I upgrade

so even with a iBEC.dfu & iBSS.dfu am I still stuffed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe I'm slow...so we 3GS users on 3.0.1 will need to first downgrade (somehow) to 3.0 then use the pwnage tool to install a custom 3.1 firmware?

Does it make a difference whether I have an ECID thingy on file with Saurik?

Thanks

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

if you have the things on file you an downgrade to 3.0 on a 3gs is my understanding of it and you gotta be on that with it jailbroken in order to use the dev's method. assuming if i understand correctly that jailbreaking is the same as pwned because i used redsnow to jailbreak mine i hope that means i can do it i think i read someone saying that you can it just has to be jailbroken on 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone even care anymore? You can essentially do everything with 3.0 and the .ipcc hack that you can do with 3.1.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

Thanks

thats true... which i hve but then again there are apps on the app store that only work with 3.1 so with some of those that i want yeah i care. but other than that really like someone said about the ipod all youw ould get else is the itunes stuff hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    thats true... which i hve but then again there are apps on the app store that only work with 3.1 so with some of those that i want yeah i care. but other than that really like someone said about the ipod all youw ould get else is the itunes stuff hmmm...
    Sorry to be lazy, I just don't feel like searching.. But which apps are you excited about, that 3.1 is required?

Also its confirmed, 3.1 3gs pwnagetools will be released TODAY
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks
    So I'll just ask because I'm dieing to know; is there ever going to be a jailbreak for 3.1 3G for Windows? I'm sooo tired of my stock iPhone. If there is already and I missed it I apologize for being a total tard. If not... any light you can all shed?

Is there a guide to downgrading to 3.0 if you have saved the iBEC & iBSS files?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally!! I think I'm jailbroken with redsn0w anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrs View Post
    Is there a guide to downgrading to 3.0 if you have saved the iBEC & iBSS files?
    Yeh there is but you must have saved them files through Cydia on Sauriks server!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 10-02-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

well i'm not really sure what else there is and stuff i have just seen some and figured there has to be more that maybe would be even more interesting i'm content with what i have but some camera apps adn stuff that sound pretty neat that i saw only work for 3.1 but i'm sure more will be out that only work with it i don't know.

Thanks
    Hi all, I have iPhone 3G S 32GB 3.0.1 Jailbreaked, Ultrasn0wed, i want to clear something, i read on Saurik twitter on Sep 20th, The idea of the just released feature is that 3G[S] users of Cydia, running 3.0 (or 3.0.1), can have their 3.1 signatures saved. ;P . So i updated Cydia and i found Heart Icon tab, i clicked it, now my device is being shown in Cydia as This device has ECID SHSH on file,. question is, i did not saved these files before 9th september, i did it on 20th sep after 10 days of 3.1 released. Am i eligible to use the upcoming tools to jailbreak? or is there any technical problem am going to face? replys much appreciated guys, Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this available through the Cydia repo?

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Finally!! I think I'm jailbroken with redsn0w anyway!

Yeh there is but you must have saved them files through Cydia on Sauriks server!
    dam it.. I have them saved on my mac

Thanks
    Pretty cool....but when is redsn0w coming out for us window users...???

Quote Originally Posted by almulder View Post
    Check out the most recent post from Chronic-Dev Team.

Looks like there is hope here too

Another Progress Update Chronic Dev Blog
    This looks like they are talking about "greenp0sion" which is the iPod 3g jb. Just thought I saw at one point they said they were focusing on the new iPod first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast