+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Look Mom, No Hands! The Flurry of Mobile Mounts Continues

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Image via Electronista Its amazing how much chatter there has been on our message boards in recent weeks about the host of new contraptions, devices, and apps that all help
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Look Mom, No Hands! The Flurry of Mobile Mounts Continues

Image via Electronista

Its amazing how much chatter there has been on our message boards in recent weeks about the host of new contraptions, devices, and apps that all help make our handy iPhones as hands-free as possible.

Diving into the sea of growing bike and vehicle mounts is the latest offering from Joby. As our friends at CNET have reported, the iPhone has gone Gorilla.

Are you an avid cyclist who wants to use the iPhone as your GPS navigator? Joby has something for you. The maker of the recently introduced Gorillatorch announced Thursday its newest iteration of something that can stay really well on something else: the Gorillamobile for the iPhone 3G(S).
    The look and feel are familiar. From a company that has spent years helping both amateur and professional photographers suspend cameras from tree branches and light poles, the "Gorilla" brand is a perfect fit for the iPhone.

Building upon Joby's tradition of using three flexible arms allowing the Gorillamobile to wrap around any
    surface, Gorillamobile for the iPhone 3G(S) is ideal for the handlebars on a bike. As I understand it, the device
    comes with a customized sleeve that supports the iPhone and removes the need for an even or flat surface - which
    otherwise would be necessary to use the traditional three-leg tripod.

The key to making the tripod work the way Joby claims it does is the ball-and-socket construction that allows for fully articulated movement of the flexible, wrappable legs. The accessory comes with four interchangeable quick-release adapters for the iPhone 3G, 3GS, and other mobile devices. It also has a custom-engineered, slim-line iPhone case.
    What really excited me about this new offering from Joby is that, although its perfect for the iPhone, sometimes in life we have the need or preference of using a different mobile device on the go. Since this bad boy comes with two removable 3M adhesive clips, I can take along my PSP or any other portable gaming system or video player on my journey.

Of course, I usually don't play a lot of video games while cycling, but if I ever start, Joby's got my back.

Though the Gorillamobile weighs just 4.5 ounces and is only 8 inches tall, it carries a rather hefty price tag of around $40. It's available for purchase now.
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 10-02-2009 at 05:32 AM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

This is pretty neat and I love the style of it! As for the price its a little pricy but what isn't pricy for the iphone?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

$40.00! Priced a little high IMO. I do like it a lot, but not the price.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 10-02-2009 at 11:06 AM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

This would be really helpful for me because I go to work on my bike, but its expensivee!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default What about while your wearin a case??????
    It look like from the pic that it snaps on to the iphones entire back of the iPhone. Making it hard to use this accessory while wearing a case. Does anybody know if this is a problem?????

Thanks
    This looks pretty cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

looks weird

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattharris85's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks pretty sweet, maybe motivation to start cycling again
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...