+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BuzzVoice Turns Blogs Into Podcasts on the Fly

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
image via BuzzVoice BuzzVoice is an online service with an available iPhone/iPod touch app that will read any of 1,400 blogs to you on your computer portable device. The website
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default BuzzVoice Turns Blogs Into Podcasts on the Fly

image via BuzzVoice

BuzzVoice is an online service with an available iPhone/iPod touch app that will read any of 1,400 blogs to you on your computer portable device. The website version allows you to listen to the posts or email an audio file of the speech synthesizer or to create a custom podcast of your favorite blogs.

The BuzzVoice site allows you to create your own "Buzzcast:" your favorite blogs read into a 30-minute (10 minutes for the free version) subscribable iTunes podcast or RSS feed. The iPhone app incorporates your chosen blogs into the MyPlaylist grouping, and integrates with social media like Facebook and Reddit. It will also play your Buzzcast directly from the network, rather than using the iPod app to play the podcast. It also includes the BuzzRadio feature, which is just a Buzzcast of subject specific blogs in groupings like Politics or Sports.

Emails sent from the BuzzVoice online site to the iPhone will automatically open an on-the-fly formatted Safari page, with the audio player along with the original blog page.

This app is yet another example of the iPhone/iPod touch being used as a mobile computing platform that goes beyond the standard screen/keyboard interface. By making blogs and stories available as both text and spoken words, this increases the reach of this content not only to people on the go, but users with reading disabilities, or language learners.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

See, thats what makes the iphone work. So many apps that force you to be more productive, and in a cool way. I dont even do the blogging thing, but may give this a try

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Paul, thanks for reviewing BuzzVoice.

The key benefit of the service is that you can listen to the stories you don't have time to read in the car, gym, train.

To your point, we're also finding that it opens up a whole new world of content for people who are visually impaired.

Thanks again,
    John Atkinson
    BuzzVoice Co-founder

Thanks

wasn't much of a fan of podcasts until i found 94WYSP(philly)'s, the morning show w/ danny bonaduce,. the shows i miss they have podcasts on their site to download, but this seems pretty cool, i like to read but in school when the teacher had whatever novel with a read along cassette ( yeah remember those? ), i actually enjoyed them more, now the trick is for this to not have a robotic voice!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

I really think this is a cool app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Very neat app... This will bring new development to other apps or new apps with similiar features that might apply to my life a little more than a blog reader. I love this sh!t...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

pretty damn cool